Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by donofdacourts View Post
    ďETA - ^ I don't think CeeDee Lamb, Robbie Anderson or AJ Green fix the issues the Raiders face. Tua might, even with the Raiders current group of WRs.Ē

What??? No one player is gonna fix our issues. Itís ridiculous to think Tua can come in and have a better season than a veteran QB, specifically with the current group of WRs that we have. Tua couldnít even win the National championship with a great group of WRs and you think heís going to fix our issues? I mean you have to be realistic and have realistic expectations regardless of who our QB is next season unless our roster is upgraded tremendously. Iím hoping that you are just trolling like Krs, but I donít believe so, therefore I responded.
    And stork said i was trying to "shift parameters to suit my comment". After I said you only trade your 2 first round picks if it's an elite QB

Don't know what else I've said to be viewed like that by my mans...

Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    As much as I dislike Carr. I would also prefer to build the defense through the draft; free agency get some hard nosed football players absolutely no prima Donna. I would get a few veteran quarterbacks in here to back up Carr and let him know he is playing for his job. Maybe go after a quarterback like Ben Dinucci if he is there in the 5th or later. We probably wont have a shot at Lawrence next year but Fields and Trey Lance are two guys who have tremendous upside. Lance didnt even throw a pick this year but he does have work to do in the passing game but strong armed slinger.
    This 100 percent. Well said

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    I agree that there's no way we get to draft Burrows. And if Mayock gave up 2 #1's and Carr, I think we would storm the castle like they did in the Frankenstein movie. Now on the other hand if they offered that pick for Carr, then I would have to think about that very seriously.,
    Would you do it if it was the next brady?

Quote Originally Posted by Vallejo Raiders View Post
    No Bradyís defenses only finished outside the top 10 twice in his career.

Well when you hang 45 points on teams every game it makes a defenses job easy.

Brady has six rings.... our franchise total is 3. Yes you package an additional 1st round pick for him if you feel thsts his younger version lol, no brainer
    Last edited by HawaiiStyle; 01-16-2020 at 10:55 AM.

The more i see burrows the more im on board. He is the real deal. Believe he is going to be the next young NFL sensation

Would you package a 1st , 2x 3rds and Carr for the Bengals pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    I like to remember that Gannon was a 34-year old career backup when the Raiders signed him. You never know when a QB might figure things out and start playing at an elite level.

Carr... thus far, I haven't seen any indication that he's going in the right direction. He had a lot of magical games in 2016, but where is the killer edge? You can't have 8 comeback wins if you're not trailing in the 4th quarter - how many times has Carr engineered a 10+ point Raider win? Hell, let's settle for two possession games - how many?

Since 2014, the Raiders have a grand total of 8 wins where they had a 9 point edge at the end. 8. Derek Carr has engineered 8 'convincing wins' since 2014, in six full seasons. EIGHT.

For context, Tom Cable's Raider teams had 7 'convincing wins' in 3 years, including 5 in 2010 with the 'elite' Jason Campbell at QB.

You wouldn't need fourth quarter comebacks if you went for the throat in the second quarter.

*ETA - ^ I don't think CeeDee Lamb, Robbie Anderson or AJ Green fix the issues the Raiders face. Tua might, even with the Raiders current group of WRs.
    Tua has had better wrs than we have. Jeudy is better than anyone we have on our team.
    He has played with dominant defenses. Great o lines, amazing running backs. And heís coming back from an injury thatís hard to come back from. Nope, he wouldnít be that good.

I would take Brady if he came with Belichick.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    The more i see burrows the more im on board. He is the real deal. Believe he is going to be the next young NFL sensation
    He will not. Heís going to the bengals.
    That will show you and all of these folks that think getting a qb on a team that has no defense and has many holes that you will still lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    He will not. Heís going to the bengals.
    That will show you and all of these folks that think getting a qb on a team that has no defense and has many holes that you will still lose.
    Build a nasty defense and become the Bears. That's your plan? No matter which direction the front office goes. One way or another they will eventually have to do something about the repugnant play of Carr.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Tua has had better wrs than we have. Jeudy is better than anyone we have on our team.
    He has played with dominant defenses. Great o lines, amazing running backs. And heís coming back from an injury thatís hard to come back from. Nope, he wouldnít be that good.

I would take Brady if he came with Belichick.
    Thatís it? You donít like Tua?

Pointing out that Carr canít put a team out doesnít warrant looking for his replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by Vallejo Raiders View Post
    Within the context of your question, Yes. But calling him the next Brady is unrealistic, especially since he hasn't taken a snap in the NFL. Just like Marino or Rogers, no one expected that level of performance from Brady. Marriota, Newton, and Winston were supposed to be the next generation of high level QB's. Where are they now? Just spending 2 #1's and Carr is a lot to risk.

Thoughts on Grant Delpit?

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    Well when you hang 45 points on teams every game it makes a defenses job easy.

Brady has six rings.... our franchise total is 3. Yes you package an additional 1st round pick for him if you feel thsts his younger version lol, no brainer
    I think you really need to go back and look at the history of the Pats SB teams. Specifically the first 3, they were run the ball and play defense teams and Brady was a game manager. The last 3 titles he carried more of the load, but the defense was still stout.

Brady didnít carry his team, he did his part and made the plays he needed to make as did his teammates. Even Brady himself admitted that a lot of guys would have been successful if put in his situation.

What we need to do is build a roster and a coaching staff that can put the QB in a position to be successful. Once we do that we can be successful again.

This is the DRAFT THREAD!

Page 34 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast