Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 83 of 88 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1311
    Lol now you got 3 OTís going before we pick

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    As we did with Jamarcus Russell and marinovich. How did that workout?

What about a round too early? Or two rounds too early. Would you draft them just to get the guy you want
    Russel was the consensus #1. "A round too early" is an opinion created by a sports analysis. If you are high on a QB and think he can be your franchise guy you draft him.

True I left it out because I already stated the kid has a quick release and has a good arm that can make the throws. What would effect us a ton is him throwing up ďyoloĒ balls. Which he proved he does last year against lesser talent than other QBs being evaluated high in this draft. And a statement that he canít read shifts(aka canít read defenses). Which means lots of turnovers. Sounds like a project.
    You donít draft a project in the first round. You draft a starter. Imo

He might not be drafted in the first round. And we want to draft him at 12? Is that a reach? If he was a third or even a second, I would understand
    I still dont know where you are getting the might not be a 1st round pick part from. Pretty much everyone has him as a 1st round pick. Some Media Draft Analysis may have a 2nd round grade on him as a prospect but even then most still assume he is a first round pick.

For example Here is a report on from Lance Zierlein(NFL Network) on Patrick Mahomes:
    Mahomes is a big, confident quarterback who brings a variety of physical tools to the party, but he's developed some bad habits and doesn't have a very repeatable process as a passer. Mahomes' ability to improvise and extend plays can lead to big plays for his offense, but he will have to prove he can operate with better anticipation and be willing to take what the defense gives him in order to win from the pocket. Mahomes will be a work in progress, but he's a high ceiling, low floor prospect.

Draft Project: Round 1-2

Sounds very much like Love doesnt it. Again not trying to compare Love to the NFL version of Mahomes but just Mahomes coming out of college. Both were these large raw prospects who need development.

Yes teams do very much take project in the first round especially when the talent is worth it. Plus QB is a position that if teams feel they need they will draft early. Always have and always will.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    I still dont know where you are getting the might not be a 1st round pick part from. Pretty much everyone has him as a 1st round pick. Some Media Draft Analysis may have a 2nd round grade on him as a prospect but even then most still assume he is a first round pick.

For example Here is a report on from Lance Zierlein(NFL Network) on Patrick Mahomes:
    Mahomes is a big, confident quarterback who brings a variety of physical tools to the party, but he's developed some bad habits and doesn't have a very repeatable process as a passer. Mahomes' ability to improvise and extend plays can lead to big plays for his offense, but he will have to prove he can operate with better anticipation and be willing to take what the defense gives him in order to win from the pocket. Mahomes will be a work in progress, but he's a high ceiling, low floor prospect.

Sounds very much like Love doesnt it. Again not trying to compare Love to the NFL version of Mahomes but just Mahomes coming out of college. Both were these large raw prospects who need development.

Yes teams do very much take project in the first round especially when the talent is worth it. Plus QB is a position that if teams feel they need they will draft early. Always have and always will.
    Well Said Hunter.

Love is worth a 1st no doubt.

Trade back from 19 or 12 pick up a 2nd plus a 1st fill our many needs is an obvious move for us. Not seeing it in any mocks not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    Trade back from 19 or 12 pick up a 2nd plus a 1st fill our many needs is an obvious move for us. Not seeing it in any mocks not sure why.
    Trade Carr for 2 2nd rounders and draft your young QB.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Trade Carr for 2 2nd rounders and draft your young QB.
    Who wants Carr's contract for that price if he's as bad as you all make him out to be?

Lol now you got 3 OTís going before we pick
    Itís a very strong draft for wrs and d line.
    Itís there are 3 really good ones. And the teams that I had drafting ots are in bad need. They fit. Itís not so lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    Russel was the consensus #1. "A round too early" is an opinion created by a sports analysis. If you are high on a QB and think he can be your franchise guy you draft him.
    And look where that got us with Russell.
    ALOT of people wanted either Calvin Johnson or Joe Thomas with that pick(including me). Joe Thomas was amazing. So was Calvin Johnson. I even saw a guy on here that wanted revis(canít remember who).
    Russell is what happens when you draft a qb too early and donít have someone mentor him. If he was a huge talent like Peyton Manning, you start right away. That year was a weak class at qb and strong everywhere else.

This draft has burrows and tua. After that itís projects. I can see Eason sneaking ahead of love in this draft. Itís possible

Itís a very strong draft for wrs and d line.
    Itís there are 3 really good ones. And the teams that I had drafting ots are in bad need. They fit. Itís not so lol.
    I just laughed because you were so adamant it wasnít happening before, not saying itís a lock but good to see you come aroundC very high possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallejo Raiders View Post
    Who wants Carr's contract for that price if he's as bad as you all make him out to be?
    Indianapolis Colts makes a ton of sense...

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post

Itís doesnt sound like love at all. Mahomes made good decisions.
    Last year college stats:
    Mahomes 5,000 yards 41 tds and 10 ints
    Love. 3,400 yards 20 tds and 17 ints

Not even the same ballpark. Bad decisions.

I just laughed because you were so adamant it wasnít happening before, not saying itís a lock but good to see you come aroundC very high possibility.
    Lots of changes happened this off season. If you look at earlier drafts, mocks had only 3 ots in the first round, now there might be 4 and a og.

I'm actually coming around to love if we go and get Brady why not? Eve6if we don't let him sit and learn. If Carr turns it around we have a QB to groom and trade like New England did with Jimmy. If we feel as if Love is ready and has a higher ceiling than Carr, follow the KC Smith blue print.

But please for the love of god draft a damn LB!

Quote Originally Posted by Vallejo Raiders View Post
    I'm actually coming around to love if we go and get Brady why not? Eve6if we don't let him sit and learn. If Carr turns it around we have a QB to groom and trade like New England did with Jimmy. If we feel as if Love is ready and has a higher ceiling than Carr, follow the KC Smith blue print.

But please for the love of god draft a damn LB!

Hoping we get Littleton and Schobert in FA.... then we can still draft a LB, that would completely fix that unit.

Iím on the Love train too, would not be upset if we drafted him and red shirted him at least give us some Hope for the future.

Page 83 of 88 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast