Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 152 of 185 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 2764
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    Teams flood the field with receivers and pass catching TEs nowadays. 3wr is the base formation for most teams, you need multiple corners who can cover. There will be more than 2 corners taken in the first round.
    Probably will be. Teams reach for players all the time

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Exactly my point. You have two #1 CBs coming out this year. The rest are #2 guys. Looking back at previous drafts #2 guys are 2nd day picks as evident by last year's draft and year before

Define #1 or #2? Is that a projection or speculation? Mullen looks like a #1 but he wasn't drafted like it. Mayock could have an entirely different outlook on all these players.

Right now WR and CB look like our biggest needs. We’ll likely draft those in the first, even if we have to reach. Should have learned that by now, we’ll reach for needs. With WR, I think there will be plenty of options do we’ll get a decent value. With CB, might end up being a head scratcher.

Guys like Apple and Conley were absolutely considered #1 CBs when they were coming out. They had the resume to back it up too

Agree to disagree but I only see two #1 CBs this year and that is Okudah and Henderson. The rest are #2 CBs which are day 2 picks in my book

Apple was no doubt a surprise pick at 10 when he came out. But he had the physical traits.

How many of these "#1 CBs" do you think there are in the league?

How are you even defining them?

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderMackin View Post
    Define #1 or #2? Is that a projection or speculation? Mullen looks like a #1 but he wasn't drafted like it. Mayock could have an entirely different outlook on all these players.
    Exactly.

Every team has a different outlook on players since they are all going to be fit into different schemes, with different roles.

Guys like Apple and Conley were absolutely considered #1 CBs when they were coming out. They had the resume to back it up too

Agree to disagree but I only see two #1 CBs this year and that is Okudah and Henderson. The rest are #2 CBs which are day 2 picks in my book

Well if you can evaluate corners like you do quarterbacks that means there are at least four 1st round corner talents. Your book, your book ,your book is a coloring book!

Is anyone else concerned that teams being unable to meet with and assess players in person will increase misevaluations, or cause them to over-project how a player fits within their system and what their ceiling is?

Being a head and heart kind of guy...yeah.

-Stork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Is anyone else concerned that teams being unable to meet with and assess players in person will increase misevaluations, or cause them to over-project how a player fits within their system and what their ceiling is?
    Not at all. If anything there is a lot less distraction and hoopla and it will allow teams to laser in on who they like. They still have film of every snap they’ve played, can conduct video phone interviews and contact all their former coaches. I think it’s an exciting opportunity and that Mayock will absolutely nail this draft.

Not for this team Mayock seems to be very film driven. He also stressed year one production. Doesn't seem to be a ceiling type drafter.

The rest of the league. We will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    Not at all. If anything there is a lot less distraction and hoopla and it will allow teams to laser in on who they like. They still have film of every snap they’ve played, can conduct video phone interviews and contact all their former coaches. I think it’s an exciting opportunity and that Mayock will absolutely nail this draft.
    I agree. I think mayock should have an edge in this draft. Just not sure how it’s affecting his normal sources of information.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    I agree. I think mayock should have an edge in this draft. Just not sure how it’s affecting his normal sources of information.
    I’m really looking forward to this draft and I think Mayock will shine. Typically the pre draft process is tremendously overwrought and unnecessary. Teams will talk themselves out of a player because during their meeting the guy will say his favorite muppet was fozzie bear instead of Kermit.

The combine was conducted in full thats more than enough combined with film study and the other avenues. I fully expect another franchise altering draft from Mayock.

I hope everyone has great internet connections during the draft. Hard line phones will finally have a use. I know how much prep Mayock put in with his team last year doing mock drafts with trades etc. I don't know if he was able to get that detailed this year because of the shut down. Regardless, I think he will perform well.

I think Mayock gives us an advantage to be honest.

Rumors Raiders interest in Yannick.... I would Gabe and #19 for Yannick if there’s a way to fit under the cap...I know he wants to get paid but adding him to the Dline would make us elite