Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 151 of 185 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2764
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo2523 View Post
    You wont have a good defense without a good secondary either. You need both the front and the back end to be good.

They didn't bring in 20+ mill a year in free agent linebackers to not play them. They wont be spending a first round pick at linebacker.
    Most people believe we will get a corner but outside of Okudah, there's no other 1st round CB. I think we take a CB in the 3rd and a Safety or LB with one of our 2 1st rounders.

Quote Originally Posted by RC RAIDER View Post
    Most people believe we will get a corner but outside of Okudah, there's no other 1st round CB. I think we take a CB in the 3rd and a Safety or LB with one of our 2 1st rounders.
    Judging by the way they pursued free agent corners i think there is a high chance of a first round corner being selected.

Long athletic corners usually go early i think at least 4 go in the first.

Judging by the way they pursued free agent corners i think there is a high chance of a first round corner being selected.

Long athletic corners usually go early i think at least 4 go in the first.
    DJ's now got 4 in his top 32 so with the way CBs are highly valued could be more. Just as much chance that we reach at 19 for one. Mayocks got a huge draft coming up. This literally could be make or break for this team as its on a interesting trajectory. I hope he doesn't swing for the fences and keeps building smartly.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    DJ's now got 4 in his top 32 so with the way CBs are highly valued could be more. Just as much chance that we reach at 19 for one. Mayocks got a huge draft coming up. This literally could be make or break for this team as its on a interesting trajectory. I hope he doesn't swing for the fences and keeps building smartly.
    Not really sure these players are reaches. There are multiple year 1 starting corners with high level athletic traits and college production in this draft.

To me people are sleeping on the corners in this draft. The NFL historically does not.

Not really sure these players are reaches. There are multiple year 1 starting corners with high level athletic traits and college production in this draft.

To me people are sleeping on the corners in this draft. The NFL historically does not.
    How many corners went 1st round last year? How many in the 2nd round?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    How many corners went 1st round last year? How many in the 2nd round?

Last years corner group was not as good as this years.

The top corner picked was a 5 10 180 lbs 4.5 guy

Last years corner group was not as good as this years.

The top corner picked was a 5 10 180 lbs 4.5 guy
    So historically the NFL does sleep on CBs? What about the year before?

Last year you had one corner go in the 1st round. And a bunch in the 2nd

So historically the NFL does sleep on CBs? What about the year before?

Last year you had one corner go in the 1st round. And a bunch in the 2nd

Again, who were the premier corners in that draft. If I remember correctly the Alexander kid didnt hardly play his final year and still was a first round pick even without prototype size.

This is a better year at the top than the last 2 years

Again, who were the premier corners in that draft. If I remember correctly the Alexander kid didnt hardly play his final year and still was a first round pick even without prototype size.

This is a better year at the top than the last 2 years
    Exactly my point. You have two #1 CBs coming out this year. The rest are #2 guys. Looking back at previous drafts #2 guys are 2nd day picks as evident by last year's draft and year before

Exactly my point. You have two #1 CBs coming out this year. The rest are #2 guys. Looking back at previous drafts #2 guys are 2nd day picks as evident by last year's draft and year before

So your argument is because the LAST 2 YEARS there have been 4 corners taken in the first round, this year there can only be 2 first round corners?

Can't find any flaws in that logic.

LOL

So your argument is because the LAST 2 YEARS there have been 4 corners taken in the first round, this year there can only be 2 first round corners?

Can't find any flaws in that logic.

LOL
    Not at all. You're missing the point. #2 corners are day 2 picks. It has been like that for a while now. Unless you seriously think guys like Terrell and Johnson are #1 corners which I don't see at all

CB is arguably our biggest need and there’s 4 with first round grades based off most rankings out there. Jeff Gladney from TCU is a good fit for us, do not be surprised at all if we end up taking him 19th.

It was also mentioned that we spent good money on two new starting LBs, and with nickel being the base defense nowadays we’re not gonna take a guy to be our 3rd LB. The depth chart at CB might be the worst in football, that’s where we’re gonna look to improve early.

Not at all. You're missing the point. #2 corners are day 2 picks. It has been like that for a while now. Unless you seriously think guys like Terrell and Johnson are #1 corners which I don't see at all

Teams flood the field with receivers and pass catching TEs nowadays. 3wr is the base formation for most teams, you need multiple corners who can cover. There will be more than 2 corners taken in the first round.

Is Eli Apple a 1 corner? Kevin Johnson? Mike Hughes? Heck Gareon Conley? All First rounders.

And those are the misses. The point is at corner teams draft the athletic traits, sometimes you hit, sometimes you dont.

Alexander, Latimore, Peters, Byron Jones, Humphrey all hit.

To me there are 6 corners in this draft that have the traits you look for as starters and most have the college pedigree your looking for.

Terrell and Johnson among them.

Is Eli Apple a 1 corner? Kevin Johnson? Mike Hughes? Heck Gareon Conley? All First rounders.

And those are the misses. The point is at corner teams draft the athletic traits, sometimes you hit, sometimes you dont.

Alexander, Latimore, Peters, Byron Jones, Humphrey all hit.

To me there are 6 corners in this draft that have the traits you look for as starters and most have the college pedigree your looking for.

Terrell and Johnson among them.
    Guys like Apple and Conley were absolutely considered #1 CBs when they were coming out. They had the resume to back it up too

Agree to disagree but I only see two #1 CBs this year and that is Okudah and Henderson. The rest are #2 CBs which are day 2 picks in my book