Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 150 of 185 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2764
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    We were 8th in the league in rushing YPG, allowing 3.9 YPC. We had a fairly stout run defense, and it didnt mean a damn thing because our pass defense was so dreadful. We were 25th in pass YPG and only 3 teams allowed more passing touchdowns.

Go ahead and build your team to stop Derrick Henry and the Titans, but if we ever wanna contend the pass defense must improve. CB in round 1 please.
    To your point, didn't the Raiders also improve on sacks/QB pressures vs. the previous season, yet still pass defense was getting torched?

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    To your point, didn't the Raiders also improve on sacks/QB pressures vs. the previous season, yet still pass defense was getting torched?
    Yes we did improve slightly. 2018 was an all time terrible season with 13 sacks, last year was better had 32 sacks but that is still near the bottom of the rankings. I like the moves weve made along the DL and Littleton will be a huge addition. But we still need CB very badly. 3wr is the base formation nowadays and teams flood the field with multiple pass catching weapons, you have to match up with that or youll get torched. We need to draft CB early and also sign one of the veteran FA still out there.

Also want to add our LBs got torched last year too, huge reason our pass defense was so weak

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Also want to add our LBs got torched last year too, huge reason our pass defense was so weak
    100% its been a weakness for years, RBs and TEs have been killing us. Very good to see Mayock realizing this and making the two big pickups we made early in free agency.

Im liking Jeff Gladney from TCU. Led the big 12 in pass breakups. Tough in your face mentality, fits the bill of what were trying to build in terms of character.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    This insert is in many scouting profiles for Randell:
    One from kiper
    He can often be seen missing tackles and taking bad angles as well, which often led to big plays by the opponent.

He was 3rd in the afc in missed tackles last season.
    He was on the Browns playing out of position at SS last season. Again Ill take Mayocks quote over Kipers hes fed most of his opinions by nfl teams scouts.
    Last edited by Inspector; 04-05-2020 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    We gave up a lot of big plays as I recall. Teams were able to take big chunks off us when they needed. All great getting a sack but if opponent just completes a deep pass next down its no use. We were joint last 32nd in league passing yards per play of opponent 7.8 yards

Id draft Ruggs III with our first pick and ideally Id want Jeudy or Lamb with second pick. Youd have two star receivers that can go deep and run the whole tree. it would open up the run game so much. These three will be studs. Then we go Defense the rest of the way.

What I think will happen is we go after Kinlaw and then Jeudy.

Ruggs was clutch at Alabama. Hed play tough all games and never disappeared like Jeudy, Waddle, and Davonta did. Hed play with intensity. Jeudys demeanor and play reminded me of Cooper. Hed get punked by physical DBs

Quote Originally Posted by pablo2523 View Post
    So we should build our defense to stop one team, an average team, who isn't even in our division, instead of building it to stop the majority of teams in the NFL including, the best team in our division, perennially one of the best teams in the NFL, who just won the Super Bowl?

Serious Bro? LOL?
    Obviously you cant read. Read my earlier post. I would like to be the team who can stop the run annnnd(wait for it) stop the pass! Thats what I said.

Do you think the pats or ravens would have had a better shot of beating the chiefs than the 8-8 titans? Pats and ravens were made to face the chiefs in the playoffs. Who knocked the chiefs out of the playoffs the year before???

Give the chiefs a year and the run is over for them. They will have the first 40+ mil a year qb and a Dt who will make 20 a year. A de making about 20. Add that to what hill will make and then you have 4 players take up close to 95 mil(ish). You still have to fit the other 51 players under 100 mil. Do the math on that. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuza View Post
    Id draft Ruggs III with our first pick and ideally Id want Jeudy or Lamb with second pick. Youd have two star receivers that can go deep and run the whole tree. it would open up the run game so much. These three will be studs. Then we go Defense the rest of the way.

What I think will happen is we go after Kinlaw and then Jeudy.

Ruggs was clutch at Alabama. Hed play tough all games and never disappeared like Jeudy, Waddle, and Davonta did. Hed play with intensity. Jeudys demeanor and play reminded me of Cooper. Hed get punked by physical DBs
    I dont realistically see jeudy or lamb dropping past 13. Dont see Ruggs making it to 19. Top two are crazy talented. Then Ruggs right behind them. Then a huuuuge drop off in talent. A bunch of maybes, could bes and projects that might work.

If you look at anything any scout has said about jeudy, he is a masterful route runner who can get off the ball and get open quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Wang View Post
    Yes of course thats part of the reason why. Although 3.9 YPC against (tied for 4th best in the league) suggests that we actually were effective in stopping the run. The point remains that in 2020, building your defense to stop the Titans isnt the best move. Mahomes will retire having never lost to us if we cant improve the pass defense, that has got to be the top priority.
    If teams ran more against our defense that 3.9 YPC would gradually increase. But I agree. Our secondary is not a match for the Mahomes and Rodgers of the league. Any good QB picked them apart last year. Hopefully we get a healthy Abram back and draft a corner early in the draft. Randall signing was a huge add to the secondary

I dont realistically see jeudy or lamb dropping past 13. Dont see Ruggs making it to 19. Top two are crazy talented. Then Ruggs right behind them. Then a huuuuge drop off in talent. A bunch of maybes, could bes and projects that might work.

If you look at anything any scout has said about jeudy, he is a masterful route runner who can get off the ball and get open quick.
    You keep bringing up Jeudy's route running as if someone is doubting it. He's the best route runner coming out this year. I don't think you can dispute that. He reminds me a lot of Amari Cooper. Cooper was more dominant at Alabama however. He will be a good receiver at the next level. I still like Lamb more

The nfl is now primarily an 11 personnel league (1 RB and 1TE). That puts 3 wide outs on the field and a solid big nickel or nickel defense is needed to win games. Good running teams love to run against nickel defenses which is why athletic LBs are needed. They need to be fast enough to cover TEs, yet tough enough to stop the run. Adding a strong safety to nickel makes teams vulnerable to the run. Littleton will help with coverage but another fast LB and an improved front four is more important than corner backs. Did trading for Ramsey really help the Rams defense? What about D Slay and the Lions. Look at solid front 7s and and you will see good defenses, conversely look at poor front 7s and look at their defense. Obviously there's going to be one or two exceptions to every rule but for the most part front 7s make the defense. I'm someone who wants Murray because he's 6' 3" 240+ and runs a 4.52. Look what D White and D Bush did for their defense last year. Littleton is okay against the run but Murray is a beast against the run. Lamb or Juedy and Murray for me in the 1st round.

Obviously you cant read. Read my earlier post. I would like to be the team who can stop the run annnnd(wait for it) stop the pass! Thats what I said.

Do you think the pats or ravens would have had a better shot of beating the chiefs than the 8-8 titans? Pats and ravens were made to face the chiefs in the playoffs. Who knocked the chiefs out of the playoffs the year before???

Give the chiefs a year and the run is over for them. They will have the first 40+ mil a year qb and a Dt who will make 20 a year. A de making about 20. Add that to what hill will make and then you have 4 players take up close to 95 mil(ish). You still have to fit the other 51 players under 100 mil. Do the math on that. Lol
    All I'm reading is you have an inability to understand that in today's league the best defenses are able to defend the run and the pass well out of nickel and dime defenses.

Which both the Patriots and the Ravens do.

Quote Originally Posted by RC RAIDER View Post
    The nfl is now primarily an 11 personnel league (1 RB and 1TE). That puts 3 wide outs on the field and a solid big nickel or nickel defense is needed to win games. Good running teams love to run against nickel defenses which is why athletic LBs are needed. They need to be fast enough to cover TEs, yet tough enough to stop the run. Adding a strong safety to nickel makes teams vulnerable to the run. Littleton will help with coverage but another fast LB and an improved front four is more important than corner backs. Did trading for Ramsey really help the Rams defense? What about D Slay and the Lions. Look at solid front 7s and and you will see good defenses, conversely look at poor front 7s and look at their defense. Obviously there's going to be one or two exceptions to every rule but for the most part front 7s make the defense. I'm someone who wants Murray because he's 6' 3" 240+ and runs a 4.52. Look what D White and D Bush did for their defense last year. Littleton is okay against the run but Murray is a beast against the run. Lamb or Juedy and Murray for me in the 1st round.
    You wont have a good defense without a good secondary either. You need both the front and the back end to be good.

They didn't bring in 20+ mill a year in free agent linebackers to not play them. They wont be spending a first round pick at linebacker.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo2523 View Post
    You wont have a good defense without a good secondary either. You need both the front and the back end to be good.

They didn't bring in 20+ mill a year in free agent linebackers to not play them. They wont be spending a first round pick at linebacker.
    Exactly, dont see a 1st rd LB taken at all.