Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    This is the DRAFT THREAD!
    Yes and we are discussing the value of a first round QB, that is apparently the next Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Thoughts on Grant Delpit?
    Can he cover?

-Stork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Can he cover?

-Stork

He can cover, the question is did he avoid tackling to avoid injury as he was pretty much a lock as a 1st or early 2nd player or is he really that bad at tackling.

Can he cover?

-Stork

Definitely can cover, big body 6í3 can play inside and outside the box, would be a perfect body on big TEís, like Hunter said played with injury this season and did more arm tackling but he made huge plays against Ohio State and Clemson. Would be a very nice fit in our young secondary..

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    He can cover, the question is did he avoid tackling to avoid injury as he was pretty much a lock as a 1st or early 2nd player or is he really that bad at tackling.
    Heís not going to drop out the top 20 imo

Yeah heís great in coverage but man heís such a poor tackler. I guess that means that we would need to keep Abram in the box more and keep Delpit out of there. I like Delpit a lot, but 20 missed tackles on 71 attempts at one point this season. That means he missed a tackle more than once every 4 attempts. Thatís really bad, and I donít think his attitude would fit into the whole tough player, physical, and loves football types that Gruden and Mayock seemed to emphasize in the draft last year.

If heís there at 19 I doubt we would take him, but Iíve been shocked before.
    Last edited by donofdacourts; 01-16-2020 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    Within the context of your question, Yes. But calling him the next Brady is unrealistic, especially since he hasn't taken a snap in the NFL. Just like Marino or Rogers, no one expected that level of performance from Brady. Marriota, Newton, and Winston were supposed to be the next generation of high level QB's. Where are they now? Just spending 2 #1's and Carr is a lot to risk.
    Only asked because you only do a trade like that for an ELITE player. Sorry this question stimulated from storks response to a prev6post of mine. Thanks for responding my raider brothern!

Quote Originally Posted by donofdacourts View Post
    Yes and we are discussing the value of a first round QB, that is apparently the next Brady.
    Wooowzers you people like to poke fun at other people I asked would you do it if he were the next Brady. Please quote a poster that called him the next Brady. Comprehension is key fellas...

Can he cover?

-Stork

Delpit can def cover. Not a great tackler. Or he is avoiding tackles to not get hurt. Watch the national championship game(as an example). Was tentative coming in to hit.

It looks like Simmons will go to the panthers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallejo Raiders View Post
    Wooowzers you people like to poke fun at other people I asked would you do it if he were the next Brady. Please quote a poster that called him the next Brady. Comprehension is key fellas...
    Thatís funny, because Brady was drafted in the 5th round, wasnít he?

Folks are talking about trading up in the first to get the next Brady. Brady wasnít drafted in the first. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Thatís funny, because Brady was drafted in the 5th round, wasnít he?

Folks are talking about trading up in the first to get the next Brady. Brady wasnít drafted in the first. Lol
    6th

We are discussing what it was worth to give up to get the first pick in order to draft Burrow. Someone said no way Iíd give up that much to select him and your response was, would you give up that much if he was the next Brady.

How else am I supposed to comprehend what you said, you were clearly implying such and it doesnít take a genius to decipher that. Either way itís a pointless discussion heís an unproven commodity just like every other prospect in the draft.

Iím just baffled at the fact that people actually believe one player impacts the win/loss record of a team that much. In a sport like Basketball itís more realistic because you can impact both sides of the court and itís only 5 players on the court at a time. In football a QB still has to receive adequate blocking, his receivers still have to get open, then they still have to catch the football and do all of this on any given play without committing a penalty. Thatís not even considering the defensive side of the ball.

Only asked because you only do a trade like that for an ELITE player. Sorry this question stimulated from storks response to a prev6post of mine. Thanks for responding my raider brothern!
    No problem! You know this issue will be highly contested until it's a done deal either way.

I think highly of Abrams. Delpit is a nice player but unnecessary.

The Raiders have needed a LB for 10+ years. Now seems like a good time.

Page 35 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast