Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 183 of 196 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 2931
  1. #2731
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Top of the world
    Posts
    7,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    You are like a one legged man in an *** kicking contest on this forum. You are feuding with everyone.

    You would get a lot further if you would quit questioning everyoneís football IQ every time they do not share your opinion.

    Just a little secret from the pros [emoji12]


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    have you got a point to make about the discussion on whether our OL are mobile or not for big men or are you just still hurt about another thread?

    Male made a statement about our OL being expensive as we have to overly protect Carr. Thats BS in my opinion and another attempt to hate on the man. We run the ball first as our primary focus. We run wide zone plays which means big guys have to be able to get outside to block plus down field. Big guys who can move like that are rare and expensive.

    You hate Carr guys are running around trying to protect each other from me challenging your idiotic comments. Grow up. Debate the topic or **** off!

  2. #2732
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Top of the world
    Posts
    7,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    We really need the DL to be a Force next season and pressure the QB. It would eliminate a lot of defensive liabilities.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Totally agree. Middle pressure is going to be critical i'm excited about Marinelli coming onboard I think thats the equivalent of an extra 1st round pick!

  3. #2733
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,452
    You are still completely wrong about the offensive line. Trent Brown kept Brady clean. The Patriots Superbowl run he allowed 0 sacks and 1 quarterback pressure. He dominated the best pass rushers in the AFC west that year. He may move for a large man but he was brought here specifically to keep Carr clean. Probably also to block K Mack ending up at RT. Incognito has always been known as a mauler. He is still a tough man for his age. He brings attitude and toughness. Doesnt move like he use to. Gabe is also known as a mauler. Miller and Hudson they are light footed and can move. Very active olineman.
    Yes, after seeing what Jacobs can do the offense 100% needs to be tailored for his skill set. He is our best player on offense. We still have to keep Carr clean though. He needs more time than other quarterbacks. It isnt hate, in the past a lineman goes down(Penn) Carr gets uncomfortable. Having this expensive depth is all about Carr and his confidence in the pocket giving him an extra tick. Why does Jacob's need a deeper oline. That dude balled out with what he had last year. He never struggled. He just needs a lane and he is off. BTW since when do NFL teams build deep offensive lines to shuttle in and out of the game to stay fresh?
    Last edited by maledicent; 04-09-2020 at 08:52 AM.

  4. #2734
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,347
    So DeAndre Washington signed with the Chiefs. The little jerk.

    https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/ra...contract-terms

  5. #2735
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Raider Nation
    Posts
    15,240
    Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    So DeAndre Washington signed with the Chiefs. The little jerk.

    https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/ra...contract-terms
    Saw this last night. Angered me to no end.

    "...prone to stoogery.".

  6. #2736
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    57,245
    As long as they donít draft Swift

  7. #2737
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,347
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    As long as they donít draft Swift
    Or this guy... LOL


  8. #2738
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    15,587
    Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    Or this guy... LOL

    That was amazing

  9. #2739
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    57,245
    Lmfaoo

  10. #2740
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    89
    The elite athleticism when he stuck his foot and was gone!!! 🤣

  11. #2741
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Top of the world
    Posts
    7,618
    Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    So DeAndre Washington signed with the Chiefs. The little jerk.

    https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/ra...contract-terms
    Reid is always up to no good. He will know every protection and audible call.

  12. #2742
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    5,025
    Quote Originally Posted by chibberaider View Post
    So DeAndre Washington signed with the Chiefs. The little jerk.

    https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/ra...contract-terms
    First off....can you blame him? He ran pretty well for us last year. Maybe we had no interest in signing him, or he wanted more money. He can/will be replaced. He should do well in KC. Sionara!

  13. #2743
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    16,993
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    First off....can you blame him? He ran pretty well for us last year. Maybe we had no interest in signing him, or he wanted more money. He can/will be replaced. He should do well in KC. Sionara!
    Washington also played with Mahommes in college as well.

  14. #2744
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Top of the world
    Posts
    7,618
    Quote Originally Posted by maledicent View Post
    You are still completely wrong about the offensive line. Trent Brown kept Brady clean. The Patriots Superbowl run he allowed 0 sacks and 1 quarterback pressure. He dominated the best pass rushers in the AFC west that year. He may move for a large man but he was brought here specifically to keep Carr clean. Probably also to block K Mack ending up at RT. Incognito has always been known as a mauler. He is still a tough man for his age. He brings attitude and toughness. Doesnt move like he use to. Gabe is also known as a mauler. Miller and Hudson they are light footed and can move. Very active olineman.
    Yes, after seeing what Jacobs can do the offense 100% needs to be tailored for his skill set. He is our best player on offense. We still have to keep Carr clean though. He needs more time than other quarterbacks. It isnt hate, in the past a lineman goes down(Penn) Carr gets uncomfortable. Having this expensive depth is all about Carr and his confidence in the pocket giving him an extra tick. Why does Jacob's need a deeper oline. That dude balled out with what he had last year. He never struggled. He just needs a lane and he is off. BTW since when do NFL teams build deep offensive lines to shuttle in and out of the game to stay fresh?
    Every QB gets uncomfortable when they get hit. Your argument that we only pay more for OL because Carr doesn't like it is ridiculous. We'd want a high quality OL with our without Carr. Good teams invest in OL. Look at Texans do you think they went out and brought in Tunsil and are going to pay him because Watson is so mobile? Do you think when new GM came into Indy he invested so much in OL because Andrew Luck was such a problem? Dallas spend almost as much as us on OL do they do that because their QB is a liability? Dak Prescott is mobile and built he never misses even a practice!

    Now lets look at actually why our Pay for OL is so high.

    Trent is being paid the top Tackle money in league edit Lane Johnson got a new contract in 2019 season so is now on more per year basis) and was won in a bidding war during free agency. Thats buying the most expensive position other than QB OR PASS RUSHER in a frenzy market you are going to over pay its that simple. Hes also a beast and had just won a SB at LT YES so other teams were willing to spend crazy as well. We took no chances and went in so high it blew everyone else out of the way. He's the most expensive player on our team including our QB. Was he our best player last season? No. Plus was injured a lot. But worth every penny IMHO.

    Rodney was also attained in FA in 2015 from KC so top of market cost and a pro bowler. He's worth every penny and Gruden would keep him even if we had Lamar Jackson at QB. But he's def not cheap. We should have found a reliable cheaper back up by now really. We've had 5 years and ive not seen one pick taken who could even come close. Terrible draft planning and depth management. Terrible.

    Gabe this is a difficult one we clearly paid him on a pro bowl season and we've not had that return due to injury since then. If he gets cut or traded we drop below Dallas in cost rankings. Cant see him being around much longer at this price. sad really as we acquired him the right way drafted perfectly but poorly managed. Baltimore would have let him be a FA and got a 3rd round pick for him most likely.

    Kolton on a first round rookie deal he's improved but would you pay him Trent Brown money in a years time?

    rest of our guys are pretty much okay value.

    Now this is the issue, we've drafted for crap, we pay top end of market prices because thats the only options left to us to run Grudens scheme. When he came in he said we had no T's. Only way to change this dynamic is to draft better and find unpolished gems and develop them. We will always need a very good OL under Gruden's scheme.

    This is a comprehensive dismantling of your premiss that our OL is expensive due to Derek Carr being scared weak or soft. Clear?
    Last edited by Inspector; 04-10-2020 at 05:56 AM.

  15. #2745
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Top of the world
    Posts
    7,618
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    Washington also played with Mahommes in college as well.
    Good point Hunter didn't think of that. There will already be a trust and bond so easy to assimilate when there's no camp or season prep

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •