Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 199 of 199 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199
Results 2,971 to 2,984 of 2984
    Quote Originally Posted by rubiconraider View Post
    I don't think the Raiders are trading for anybody.

just saying.
    I hope we donít. Our 1st next year could be very valuable.

If Carr doesnít improve, weíre going to need that #1.

This team is not a serious SB contender. Playoffs....Yes, but that's it. Next year will be with a lot more expectations.
    If Carr plays badly this year, it could set us back at least 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by BoKnowsRaiders View Post
    I hope we donít. Our 1st next year could be very valuable.

If Carr doesnít improve, weíre going to need that #1.
    I don't see Mayock trading a future first rounder at this point. It would have to be for a starting caliber QB.

As for Carr, the downside of giving him a young stable of WRs is that they have to learn Gruden's complex system in addition to executing. Few of them will be able to just go out there and play football. I am looking forward to seeing their development. But I expect growing pains. This could be another year of dink and dunks with TEs leading pass receptions.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    I'd trade a 3rd round pick for Yannick in a heartbeat. He would give us that speed and explosiveness we lack at the edge

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I don't see Mayock trading a future first rounder at this point. It would have to be for a starting caliber QB.

As for Carr, the downside of giving him a young stable of WRs is that they have to learn Gruden's complex system in addition to executing. Few of them will be able to just go out there and play football. I am looking forward to seeing their development. But I expect growing pains. This could be another year of dink and dunks with TEs leading pass receptions.
    Yes-thatís a very good point and without the benefit of training camp and pre-season, and not getting the reps in to build a rapport with Carr itís all the more challenging. Itís easy to forget that Carr is a 6 year veteran. I am hoping his experience can hasten the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can fix this.

Sign these guys:
    Passrush: clay Mathews. Hear me out. He can passrush and has played mlb/ilb also. So he would be useful. The guy can get to the qb.

Veldheer. Good backup and can step in and play well.

Earl Thomas. He is a ballhawk. He knows this could be his last chance and when he is on, he is the best s in football.

Resign prince. Heís cheap, knows the system and canít be worse than what happened last week.

Trade t brown for Patrick Peterson.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    I can fix this.

Sign these guys:
    Passrush: clay Mathews. Hear me out. He can passrush and has played mlb/ilb also. So he would be useful. The guy can get to the qb.

Veldheer. Good backup and can step in and play well.

Earl Thomas. He is a ballhawk. He knows this could be his last chance and when he is on, he is the best s in football.

Resign prince. Heís cheap, knows the system and canít be worse than what happened last week.

Trade t brown for Patrick Peterson.
    Exactly zero of those things will happen but it was a good effort anyway. I'm all for improving the team.

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    Exactly zero of those things will happen but it was a good effort anyway. I'm all for improving the team.
    Veldheer as a backup makes the most sense.

If earl thomas was still one of the best safeties in the NFL (not even sure thereís an argument anymore that he is THE best), the Ravens would still be putting up with his crap.

I know it wonít happen. Duh
    Lol

Second, Thomas got released not because of his play. Buuuuut because he punched a team mate and had a fight with one a week before that. It had NOTHING to do with his play on the field.

3rd
    If we are sooooo into winning now, why wouldnít we make some of these moves?
    Ask yourself, would Thomas be better than Harris? Yes. By a lot.
    Would Mathews be better than Ferrell? Yes, Mathews only played 30 percent of defensive snaps in 13 games last year and got 8 sacks. Annnnnd he can play mlb and did well at it. Heís just a better passrusher. Depth everywhere else will help. True? Prince canít do worse than our cbs last week.

And bring up white and put morrow on the bench. Thank you gentlemen

I know it wonít happen. Duh
    Lol

Second, Thomas got released not because of his play. Buuuuut because he punched a team mate and had a fight with one a week before that. It had NOTHING to do with his play on the field.

3rd
    If we are sooooo into winning now, why wouldnít we make some of these moves?
    Ask yourself, would Thomas be better than Harris? Yes. By a lot.
    Would Mathews be better than Ferrell? Yes, Mathews only played 30 percent of defensive snaps in 13 games last year and got 8 sacks. Annnnnd he can play mlb and did well at it. Heís just a better passrusher. Depth everywhere else will help. True? Prince canít do worse than our cbs last week.

And bring up white and put morrow on the bench. Thank you gentlemen
    Does Mathews play DE/DT in addition to MLB? If not I'm not sure you're comparing him to Ferrell. Plus, he wouldn't get sacks on these Raiders even if he played all of the defensive snaps bc Guenther doesn't blitz.

Having said that, he would prob be better than the backup lbs that are on the team.

He has rushed the qb from the de/olb position for years. Does it matter if he stands up or in 3 points stance????
    Clay got 8 sacks last year playing 30 percent of the snaps. Ferrell got how many all last year?????? Who cares if Ferrell plays at Dt. We have 3 dts better than he is on the inside. Point is he doesnít have to play at Dt. Outside passrush sucks

We need qb pressure and Ferrell isnít doing it.

Do you have an idea on how to get better?

Our lbs would be better with McMillan and white being utilized imo. F morrow

Our lbs would be better with McMillan and white being utilized imo. F morrow
    White can be good if what we heard is true, but Mayock said he was currently 210 pounds!

Maybe a year on the practice squad will do him some good.

It would be nice if white put on about 15 pounds