Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash47 View Post
    There are far worse QBs than Carr. It's funny, non-Raiders fans have said to me that Carr is a pretty good QB. I agree with recent posts that Carr is more concerned with numbers than Wins.
    There are worse QBs than Carr, I think we can all agree on that. Carr is a decent QB, but I think he is middle of the road and I think he is enamored with his stat line more than he is with wins. He does not have that fire great athletes have, that desire to win at everything. I mean, what's another loss?
    's

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I genuinely donít understand the concept of every starting QB getting a behemoth deal, an all-time deal when their contract is up.

I would not play that game.

-Stork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's not just QBs. I agree with you. Why? There should be a cap.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    I get your point and that the price tag for QBs is continuing to climb. Please note this is for quarterbacks that are considered franchise QBs moving forward for years to come. The QBs getting paid are the ones franchises believe will be "there guy" for the next ten years, or guys like Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees that aleady have shown they are elite.

Carr is number 11 on the list. This includes Brees who already signed a new deal at about the same price Carr is at, 25m a year for 2 years.

Out of the other players you mentioned Lamar isnt a FA until 2022, Watson will be a FA in 2021.

Mahomes will make bank, and Dak probably will exceed Carrs contract. I am not sure if Tannehill will command that much money (id take him over Carr in a heartbeat) and Brady will get paid but im not sure about 30m+ at the age of 43 when the season starts. That still does not justify that he is worth the money he is making (Carr).

Is he a good enough quarterback to be in the top 10-15 paid? Does he have a more promising future than the quarterbacks who are getting paid more?

We go through the list of whos getting more than him:

Rodgers (superbowl champ) , Russel Wilson (superbowl champ), Big Ben (super bowl champ), Goff (been to a superbowl), Wentz (superbowl champ), Matt Ryan (lost a superbowl), Garopollo (probably makes a superbowl this year), Stafford (19 NFL records I can list for you if interested), Brisset , Cousins (3x playoff seasons with an 87.4 passer rating)
    Big Ben won a Super Bowl 10 years ago!!!! When Carr was in high school. Lol

Ben was throwing to Antonio Brown. Ryan throwing to Julio Jones amonsgst others. Cousins is throwing to two probowl 1000 yard wrs and a pro bowl te and cook. Lol letís not talk about the defenses these guys have had. Like Aron Donald. Etc you get the idea.

Weíve got hurst and have tryrell Williams
    Last edited by Megatron; 01-16-2020 at 04:45 PM.

And a QB that quits.

-Stork

"Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

And a QB that quits.

-Stork

We know you want Carr replaced. I'd like you to put a name as our starting QB for 2020. Who, Stork? Who?
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

Agreed Stork, No way should one Qb make more then the other and it just keeps climbing and climbing. The cap number keeps increasing, That should only raise the %of the cap for that position. And not just the qb but every position.

I am sure this will come down the line, When one qb wants half the available cap.

Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    We know you want Carr replaced. I'd like you to put a name as our starting QB for 2020. Who, Stork? Who?
    Case Keenum and/or Sean Mannion...cheap.

Ditch Carr for a 2nd or 3rd. Use our assets to fix the D.

Run the ball and use play-action.

Happy?

-Stork

"Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Honestly I understand both sides of the argument. Soon Carr will be looking to get an extension or signing with a new team, his new deal is surely to be average at best in terms of the deals some of these QBs are about to get. We also have to keep in mind that Carr got his deal after his best season and leading the team to the playoffs, that season he was voted as a top 10 player by his peers. Thatís something to consider about his contract and it was actually team friendly as well.

Eventually to be successful you have to find continuity at the QB position. You are gonna end up paying a QB top dollar if your team is winning and itís that simple. In some cases even if they arenít winning consistently(Dak) they are putting up great numbers.

Itís no coincidence that you see guys like Goff get paid a ton of money, even though heís not that good. His team has been winning and thatís who gets paid. Matt Ryan is a lesser example, someone earlier I seen even considered Ryan elite, when really heís no better than Carr. Ryan got paid because his team had a great season and made a SB appearance. His team has faltered and he has went back to being just another above average QB.

The QB position is overvalued simply because the QB tends to play well when he has great pieces around him and in turn the team tends to win a lot of games. This is something we have seen throughout the history of the game, yet people continuously choose to ignore it. Steve Young is a great example of this, as is Culpepper. They were the same QBs as they were before but in Youngís case he went to a team with much greater weapons and a much better defense. In Culpepperís case he went from throwing to two HOF WRs in Moss and Carter with a pro bowl RB in Robert Smith to whoever Miami had at that time. Itís many other cases as well throughout history.

In the pre free agency era teams were so much more cohesive and the chemistry was unmatched. You had more practice time and longer tenures with each other. When you were able to get the best players to go along with the chemistry they were able to build it allowed you to be more consistent as a franchise. In my opinion it was much easier to plug in a QB in those days and still win because of that. Now having a QB know your system and having longevity within that system helps with all the roster turnover you see from year to year.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Big Ben won a Super Bowl 13 years ago!!!! When Carr was in high school. Lol

Ben was throwing to Antonio Brown. Ryan throwing to Julio Jones amonsgst others. Cousins is throwing to two probowl 1000 yard wrs and a pro bowl te and cook. Lol letís not talk about the defenses these guys have had. Like Aron Donald. Etc you get the idea.

Weíve got hurst and have tryrell Williams
    Big ben has won 2 superbowls. He has earned his salary and put himself on an elite list of QBs who can say they won multiple rings

Their defense has faded from its glory days but he still remains a permanent fixture in the playoffs. Thats my point really... despite the whole team changing the qb keeps winning. Legion of boom completely gone Russ keeps winning... same can be said about all the top paid qbs for the most part
    Last edited by HawaiiStyle; 01-15-2020 at 05:42 PM.

Every thread is about Carr

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    Ain't that the truth!

The train Carr came off the rails awhile ago!

Going to be a looonnnggg off season!

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Raider View Post
    it happens every year...

"...prone to stoogery.".

I guess we could be discussing Prince Harry & Meghan instead?...

Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    I guess we could be discussing Prince Harry & Meghan instead?...

Or we could talk about FAís that we should target with the boat load of cap space we have.

Case Keenum and/or Sean Mannion...cheap.

Ditch Carr for a 2nd or 3rd. Use our assets to fix the D.

Run the ball and use play-action.

Happy?

-Stork

So your big idea is to have a qb come in that had a 1-5 record as a starter last year? With. 5.5 yard a play avg? Talk about a checkdown Charlie. Bad idea.

This irritating quitter crap is stupid. You call this kid a quitter when he has been fighting with subpar wr group and a horrible defense.

But you defend a guy who constantly REQUESTED to leave(that would be quitting). He had hofs at pretty much every position. But still was a quitter.

Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast