Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 12 of 71 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 1055
  1. #166
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,013
    Some guys I really want on this team are aj green,bradley roby,and gerald mccoy.

    We gotta bring back jordan,he'll be better with a full training camp.Draft a 1 tech in the 3rd round to rotate with hankins.

  2. #167
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    469
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    Transition only gives you first option on any offer to match. If they stick transition on Henry it will be so expensive as someone will offer the house. Their best option is pay one of them franchise the other
    Yes, I saw that, and that is why I said try to keep them both instead of be able to keep them both. Of course, a team's preference is to come up with deals for each player before tag designations, followed by signing one and tagging another. However, I see the transition tag as an option if there are no agreements before the tags, in that it can give them more time to negotiate directly with Henry for a better and/or multiyear contract, but also give them the right to first refusal, just in case. It is not full proof like the franchise tag, but it is better than no tag at all if they need more time to negotiate.

  3. #168
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,048
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector View Post
    Increased cap, move a few players around, draft some replacements for expensive vets. Not an insurmountable task really. I agree Tannerhill will take Carr money no more. If they franchise RB it wonít be 15 will it? Less than 12 this season
    When Carr got his deal it was a few years ago. There are four QBs making over 30 mil next year. After deals are done this offseason with Watson, mahomes, brees, dak, Lamar, Tannehill, and possibly Brady, Carr will be the 17th or 18th highest paid qb. Thatís average pay.
    Last edited by Megatron; 01-15-2020 at 05:30 AM.

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Altus, Oklahoma
    Posts
    4,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Yep
    There are far worse QBs than Carr. It's funny, non-Raiders fans have said to me that Carr is a pretty good QB. I agree with recent posts that Carr is more concerned with numbers than Wins.

  5. #170
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    16,027
    Winning isnít the most important thing to Carr. So obviously he isnít Ďpretty goodí. At least as far as winning is concerned.

    -Stork


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

    -tippa irie

  6. #171
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,406
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    When Carr got his deal it was a few years ago. There are four QBs making over 30 mil next year. After deals are done this offseason with Watson, mahomes, brees, dak, Lamar, Tannehill, and possibly Brady, Carr will be the 17th or 18th highest paid qb. Thatís average pay.
    I get your point and that the price tag for QBs is continuing to climb. Please note this is for quarterbacks that are considered franchise QBs moving forward for years to come. The QBs getting paid are the ones franchises believe will be "there guy" for the next ten years, or guys like Matt Ryan, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees that aleady have shown they are elite.

    Carr is number 11 on the list. This includes Brees who already signed a new deal at about the same price Carr is at, 25m a year for 2 years.

    Out of the other players you mentioned Lamar isnt a FA until 2022, Watson will be a FA in 2021.

    Mahomes will make bank, and Dak probably will exceed Carrs contract. I am not sure if Tannehill will command that much money (id take him over Carr in a heartbeat) and Brady will get paid but im not sure about 30m+ at the age of 43 when the season starts. That still does not justify that he is worth the money he is making (Carr).

    Is he a good enough quarterback to be in the top 10-15 paid? Does he have a more promising future than the quarterbacks who are getting paid more?

    We go through the list of whos getting more than him:

    Rodgers (superbowl champ) , Russel Wilson (superbowl champ), Big Ben (super bowl champ), Goff (been to a superbowl), Wentz (superbowl champ), Matt Ryan (lost a superbowl), Garopollo (probably makes a superbowl this year), Stafford (19 NFL records I can list for you if interested), Brisset , Cousins (3x playoff seasons with an 87.4 passer rating)

  7. #172
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,048
    You actually think Watson and Lamar are waiting on the big payday? Or Tannehill?

  8. #173
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,406
    oh Watson and Lamar will get paid for sure , just not for a couple years. it makes no sense for the Ravens to pay Lamar now when hey have him on the cheap for 2 more years.

    but the point is ......................................... Carr is not as good in any facet of football as either of those quarterbacks so why, should whatever they end up getting paid, be a reflection of what carr is being paid? Out of the quarterbacks getting paid more than Carr..... He is not as good as anyone being paid more than him in the NFL. Nor has he had as much success, nor has he have a higher ceiling or more potential moving forward. The only argument on that entire list of players named could be for Brissett - who id still take over Carr anyday.

    Actually scratch that.... Brisset is the 19th highest paid quarterback after his new deal. so Carr is already past him as is.... http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...r-30m-contract
    Last edited by HawaiiStyle; 01-15-2020 at 11:26 AM.

  9. #174
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    16,027
    I genuinely donít understand the concept of every starting QB getting a behemoth deal, an all-time deal when their contract is up.

    I would not play that game.

    -Stork


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

    -tippa irie

  10. #175
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,406
    Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    I genuinely donít understand the concept of every starting QB getting a behemoth deal, an all-time deal when their contract is up.

    I would not play that game.

    -Stork


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    People just fail to realize that every single quarterback that is above Carr is a superbowl quarterback at one point of time, except Cousins who has 3 playoff trips in his career after only being a starter for 5 years. Quarterbacks who prove to be winners get deals when their time is up, thats the difference

  11. #176
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,013
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    oh Watson and Lamar will get paid for sure , just not for a couple years. it makes no sense for the Ravens to pay Lamar now when hey have him on the cheap for 2 more years.

    but the point is ......................................... Carr is not as good in any facet of football as either of those quarterbacks so why, should whatever they end up getting paid, be a reflection of what carr is being paid? Out of the quarterbacks getting paid more than Carr..... He is not as good as anyone being paid more than him in the NFL. Nor has he had as much success, nor has he have a higher ceiling or more potential moving forward. The only argument on that entire list of players named could be for Brissett - who id still take over Carr anyday.

    Actually scratch that.... Brisset is the 19th highest paid quarterback after his new deal. so Carr is already past him as is.... http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...r-30m-contract
    It all comes down to,do you believe football is a team game or not?

    Waiting for your answer.
    2019 NFL MOCK DRAFT!!!
    Pick #4 Josh allen edge rusher kentucky
    Pick #24 deandre baker cornerback georgia
    Pick #27 noah fant tight end iowa
    Pick #35 mack wilson ilb alabama





    Tony "el cucuy" ferguson

  12. #177
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Sacramento CA
    Posts
    484
    Mahomes and Watson are talking about an extension this off season. It's why Chris Jones might be a possibility. Idk why people are wanting to sign older declining guys like AJ Green or McCoy with so much rookie talent on the roster. Go spend on guys entering or in their prime like Chris Jones 25 and Byron Jones 27. We have enough cap space to sign them and sign a ton more of the depth type signings. Getting them both might be a pipe dream but those 2 should are in a league of their own as far as a FA wish list goes.

  13. #178
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,013
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderMackin View Post
    Mahomes and Watson are talking about an extension this off season. It's why Chris Jones might be a possibility. Idk why people are wanting to sign older declining guys like AJ Green or McCoy with so much rookie talent on the roster. Go spend on guys entering or in their prime like Chris Jones 25 and Byron Jones 27. We have enough cap space to sign them and sign a ton more of the depth type signings. Getting them both might be a pipe dream but those 2 should are in a league of their own as far as a FA wish list goes.
    You said it yourself,it's a pipe dream.

  14. #179
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,406
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post
    It all comes down to,do you believe football is a team game or not?

    Waiting for your answer.
    absolutely.... however the quarterbacks who get the money - are the biggest asset to a team. They touch the ball every offesnive snap and are the single biggest reason why a team wins/loses. They get paid a ton because their is no other position on the field that has more control over a teams win and loss record than the QB. If Mahomes gets injured in September do you believe the Chiefs season would still be alive right now?


    How many people in the world do you think can name 10 players on the Green Bay Roster? Because their roster isnt that good they just have a quarterback that gets it done, year after year. Some of those quarterbacks have better teams than others, yet all of them consistenly find themselves in the playoffs. It is no mistake that the same QBs get into the playoff over and over again. Guys like Big Ben , Aaron Rodgers, Brady, Russ Wilson, Drew Brees. Have they all always had the most talented teams?
    Last edited by HawaiiStyle; 01-15-2020 at 12:58 PM.

  15. #180
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,013
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    absolutely.... however the quarterbacks who get the money - are the biggest asset to a team. They touch the ball every offesnive snap and are the single biggest reason why a team wins/loses. They get paid a ton because their is no other position on the field that has more control over a teams win and loss record than the QB. If Mahomes gets injured in September do you believe the Chiefs season would still be alive right now?


    How many people in the world do you think can name 10 players on the Green Bay Roster? Because their roster isnt that good they just have a quarterback that gets it done, year after year. Some of those quarterbacks have better teams than others, yet all of them consistenly find themselves in the playoffs. It is no mistake that the same QBs get into the playoff over and over again. Guys like Big Ben , Aaron Rodgers, Brady, Russ Wilson, Drew Brees. Have they all always had the most talented teams?
    A bit of a contradiction on your part I see,no biggie.Also,didn't mahomes miss the vikings game and still whooped them withvtheir backup qb.That's all andy reid for you,it doesn't matter whos qb he'll find a way to win.

    Greenbay is the exception,all other nfl playoff teams have ballers all over their squad,we dont.

    Saying other teams have better rosters than the other still doesn't say much about how far worse ours is in comparison to other playoff caliber team.

    Name one pro bowler/game changer on our defense?
    I can name you lots in each and every one of those playoff teams offensively and defensively.

    Also yes,big ben has always had a top defense and you know it,heck,joe flacco has won a superbowl and he was never all that of a qb but he had a top defense.Brady has alway had good players around him too and defensively they always go under the radar.

    Drew brees on the other hand for as good as he's been throughout his career he's had many losing seasons,all the times his defense would let him down but it seems like they've figured things out there as well.Kirk cousins had a good defense and explosive offensive weapons around him and obviously so does jimmy g.
    Last edited by raiderizer; 01-15-2020 at 02:49 PM.

Page 12 of 71 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •