Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 20 of 69 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 1028
  1. #286
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    12,267
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    They also had a legit squad top to bottom on both sides of the ball. They felt they were making a move to upgrade the last piece, their QB. We arenít there yet. We need to focus on building up the rest of the team. Once weíve done that, then we can take our gamble and trade up for a QB that we feel could be a game changer.
    I couldn't disagree more. When you have a chance to get a difference maker at the QB position you take it. With the rules as they are today a QB can play for 17+ years, plenty of time to build around them.

  2. #287
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    875
    Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    I couldn't disagree more. When you have a chance to get a difference maker at the QB position you take it. With the rules as they are today a QB can play for 17+ years, plenty of time to build around them.
    What was Carr the 2016 season?

  3. #288
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    12,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Vallejo Raiders View Post
    What was Carr the 2016 season?
    I would call that an anomaly.

  4. #289
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    55,953
    Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    I would call that an anomaly.
    Pre-injury Carr, that injury completely derailed his career and now heís shook in the pocket with little to no pressure.

  5. #290
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    875
    Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    I would call that an anomaly.
    Same. The Raiders having the talent to compete is just crazy.

  6. #291
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    Pat McAfee said on Get Up that TB12 and Mark Davis were seen chatting at a fight. Hard pass from me if employment was discussed.
    This could be one of the dumbest things iíve read on this forum over the years.

    You dont want the All Time GOAT QB?

    It isnt his fault the refs screwed us hard with the tuck rule. He simply made the most of his opportunity.

    He is light years better than Carr.

    Signing TB and an AJ Green allows us to draft a ton of BPA/defense and draft a QB in the later rounds to groom.

    Iíd call that big oaf Reggie McKenzie in Miami and get as high a pick as possible for Carr the second TB12 signed with us. Heíd give us a 1st and 2nd in a heartbeat.

  7. #292
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The North Shore of O'ahu Hawaii
    Posts
    2,754
    Quote Originally Posted by Venomveins View Post
    This could be one of the dumbest things iíve read on this forum over the years.

    You dont want the All Time GOAT QB?

    It isnt his fault the refs screwed us hard with the tuck rule. He simply made the most of his opportunity.

    He is light years better than Carr.

    Signing TB and an AJ Green allows us to draft a ton of BPA/defense and draft a QB in the later rounds to groom.

    Iíd call that big oaf Reggie McKenzie in Miami and get as high a pick as possible for Carr the second TB12 signed with us. Heíd give us a 1st and 2nd in a heartbeat.
    I don't want anything to do with Brady, either. His best days have passed him by. Nor do I want to overpay for his regressing services. That my friend would squander our ability to strengthen our team as a whole. The same could be said for signing AJ Green.

    Overpaying for a declining QB and an injury plagued receiver, yet to fully recover, and possibly never may, is tomfoolery.

    Suggesting we sign either is possibly the dumbest thing I've read on this forum in years.

    See how that works...
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

    ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

  8. #293
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,033
    M
    Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    Alex Smith had the Redskins on top of their division a year ago. They almost made the playoffs they were so far ahead of everyone else in the NFC east... I would love Alex here for a year or two, Bringing along a guy we pick at 19. In my eyes that means we miss out on a LBer... Unless Kinlaw gets picked before us.
    Huh? Redskins were 7-9 a year ago and 3rd in the division.

  9. #294
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,448
    Redskins were 6-3 before Alex Smithís injury and went 1-4 after.

    I have always liked Alex Smith but there is a good chance he never plays again.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #295
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,961
    Itís funny how things work. I like Alex Smith as well and always have, but I remember so many people telling me he was no good after the first few seasons in SF. How he had a top defense and a top RB and still couldnít win. Harbaugh comes in and revamped the offense then he was able to show he was capable of winning games.

    In order to have success its on the organization as a whole to put the best people in place to bring in the best players from both a fit and scheme standpoint. The majority of the blame for our failures start at the top and our inability to hire the right people to do those things. Itís ok to have some talented weak-minded players like Carr, Cooper, and Crabtree if you have strong leadership in place to keep them in line. When you donít have competent leadership on any level within the organization thatís when it becomes a huge issue.

    I feel we are moving in the right direction in terms of leadership with some of the players that we have, but I donít know if that will work with Carr with younger guys being better leaders than him. Therefore we will inevitably have to move on at some point, but getting a high level of accountability throughout our organization is the most pressing need.

    Adding some veterans that can come in and hold others accountable and that actually have the accolades to do so, would be a welcome addition. I think that was the idea with Burfict, unfortunately it didnít work out.

  11. #296
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    3,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Proximo View Post
    Redskins were 6-3 before Alex Smithís injury and went 1-4 after.

    I have always liked Alex Smith but there is a good chance he never plays again.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He says he is gonna play. The injury is concerning and you just don't know what your gonna get... But, Ill take that chance and draft Fromm or Love.... We can trade up into the 2nd round. My first two picks are gonna be on defense... We need to get that fixed or we will never be able to compete.

  12. #297
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,394
    Quote Originally Posted by Vallejo Raiders View Post
    Same. The Raiders having the talent to compete is just crazy.
    he had the same talent the next two years and did what with it?

  13. #298
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sin City Raiders
    Posts
    55,953

  14. #299
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,961
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    he had the same talent the next two years and did what with it?
    Same talent, but did that talent perform at the same level? Carr clearly didnít, but I donít think heís the only one that underachieved those next two seasons. Cooper and Crabtree didnít play as well. Osemele, Penn and Gabe didnít perform as well. Special teams took a step back. The defense didnít force turnovers or get stops so they didnít play as well either.

  15. #300
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Garden of Eden...New Jersey
    Posts
    16,016

    Raiders Free Agency 2020 Edition:

    Quote Originally Posted by donofdacourts View Post
    Same talent, but did that talent perform at the same level? Carr clearly didnít, but I donít think heís the only one that underachieved those next two seasons. Cooper and Crabtree didnít play as well. Osemele, Penn and Gabe didnít perform as well. Special teams took a step back. The defense didnít force turnovers or get stops so they didnít play as well either.
    As a result, Cooper, Crabtree, Osemele, Penn and others have been shown the door.

    Carr and Jackson should join them.

    -Stork


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

    -tippa irie

Page 20 of 69 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •