Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 60 of 182 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheKing30 View Post
    A Tom Brady at 75% of his peak vs Derek Carr at 100% of his peak, I take Brady all day, especially if it's very short term. If we insert Tom Brady into the lineup we have and we build the WR core & defense again through the draft we are a legitimate playoff team.

I defended Carr for a LONG time and gave him enough time to take the next step. Now with that being said he is not nearly as bad as a few posters here say. He's an average QB and that's probably all he will ever be. I'd rather take Tom for a year or two and draft a QB to take over when he retires.

Also, as far as the money goes it would only be a small uptick from what Carr would be making and I assume he would be cut he has no guarantees beyond this season I believe.
    That's cool. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I think the only way we sign Brady is if we immediately got a QB for him to tutor. And in order for that to happen, we'd need to trade up from #12.

Slice it and dice it how you'd like, but you won't change my opinion of Tom Brady in a Raiders uniform. It hurts my soul and I wince at the thought.

If we draft a QB high in the draft, we lose much needed draft capital. Unless you're willing to roll the dice on a Jalen Hurts 3rd round type QB...Then you gotta ask yourself, is a project truly better than having a QB currently on the team, in the same system, for the third year in a row?

I agree with your philosophy to some degree...

I'd rather we use our high end picks on a stud WR and go defense.

Carr is scheduled to make $21.5M this year. Brady's STARTING bid is supposedly around $30M/year. That's a cool $8.5m difference that could be spread out to sign another star defensive player, or, spread out as depth signings among the roster.

Here's another Idea. Ask Carr to restructure his deal or take a pay cut to remain with the team. Point out the difference between living in California's high state income tax vs. Nevada's 0% state income tax. I'd bet Carr would be more than willing to listen to remain a Raider.

Now, I'm not saying that Carr is the answer. No sir. What I'm saying is this isn't the year to draft a QB early. I'm saying I'm not on board with signing Brady.

And I'm also going to hold my ground and say I'd prefer Carr over Brady this season, but I'm also open to alternative ideas for the position. Bring in Mariota . He wouldn't break the bank. He'd press Carr and create competition.

There's many ways to spin the QB controversy and I'm always up for a respectful debate.

Aloha.
    Last edited by slvr&blck760; 02-18-2020 at 08:14 PM.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

Donít want him at that cap hit....

But Stefon Diggs deleted all his Vikings posts on Social media...

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Donít want him at that cap hit....

But Stefon Diggs deleted all his Vikings posts on Social media...
    He wants out but does he get what he wants

Quote Originally Posted by HunterNRoss View Post
    At this time he has not been disciplined by the league.
    He has not been disciplined but he is not cleared to play due to the NFL still investigating the sexual assault case, which was why NE dumped him

Diggs would be by far the best WR in the market if cut or traded.

Only one whos better talent wise is Aj Green but hes much older

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    Diggs would be by far the best WR in the market if cut or traded.

Only one whos better talent wise is Aj Green but hes much older
    But at 14.5m cap hit... and having to give a high draft pick in compensation...

15m
    15m
    12m

Thatís a ton of money.... I would still consider grabbing a young rookie.

Thats true but reports say Robby Anderson is looking to get 13-15m... craziness since diggs is 10x what he is

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    Thats true but reports say Robby Anderson is looking to get 13-15m... craziness since diggs is 10x what he is
    Lmfaoo yea Hard pass on Anderson..

Weíre already paying Tyrell Williams 11m and the guy canít stay healthy..

Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    That's cool. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I think the only way we sign Brady is if we immediately got a QB for him to tutor. And in order for that to happen, we'd need to trade up from #12.

Slice it and dice it how you'd like, but you won't change my opinion of Tom Brady in a Raiders uniform. It hurts my soul and I wince at the thought.

If we draft a QB high in the draft, we lose much needed draft capital. Unless you're willing to roll the dice on a Jalen Hurts 3rd round type QB...Then you gotta ask yourself, is a project truly better than having a QB currently on the team, in the same system, for the third year in a row?

I agree with your philosophy to some degree...

I'd rather we use our high end picks on a stud WR and go defense.

Carr is scheduled to make $21.5M this year. Brady's STARTING bid is supposedly around $30M/year. That's a cool $8.5m difference that could be spread out to sign another star defensive player, or, spread out as depth signings among the roster.

Here's another Idea. Ask Carr to restructure his deal or take a pay cut to remain with the team. Point out the difference between living in California's high state income tax vs. Nevada's 0% state income tax. I'd bet Carr would be more than willing to listen to remain a Raider.

Now, I'm not saying that Carr is the answer. No sir. What I'm saying is this isn't the year to draft a QB early. I'm saying I'm not on board with signing Brady.

And I'm also going to hold my ground and say I'd prefer Carr over Brady this season, but I'm also open to alternative ideas for the position. Bring in Mariota . He wouldn't break the bank. He'd press Carr and create competition.

There's many ways to spin the QB controversy and I'm always up for a respectful debate.

Aloha.
    Even if Carr took a pay cut, plus Mariotaís contract, weíd still be around the same money if you added your 8.5M you suggested.

Yes we would need to draft a QB higher due to ensuring that we get one. Thatís fair. But if we trade Carr, weíd also be adding a draft pick or two (possibly) that we didnít have so I would consider that a push.

So if thatís the case, Carr and Mariota on staff or Brady and a higher drafted QB? Itís really easy for me as I have posted many times over.

And for the record, Iíd support signing Brady and moving on from Carr. But Iíd support a different QB, as long as we still move on from Carr. I just think Brady adds some extra value.

Brady avged 6.6 yards a play.
    Carr avged 7.7.
    People complained cuz Carr wasnít that mobile. And Brady is a statue.
    Brady at 43 years old. Has maybe two years.
    Dc is what, 28?
    Not on board with Brady. If we are going young, why bring in a qb that is almost twice the age of some of the wrs we are looking at in the draft.

We have a huge need at all three lb positions.
    We have a huge need at cb. At least two more.
    We need a number one wr bad.
    And all I hear on this boards is we are going to improve our big needs is by bringing in a 43 year old qb. Lol

Hate Brady. Donít want him. Only name that intrigues me is mariota. Havenít paid attention to him enough to know why he failed. Would also like fitz for a temp starter if we get Tua.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Hate Brady. Donít want him. Only name that intrigues me is mariota. Havenít paid attention to him enough to know why he failed. Would also like fitz for a temp starter if we get Tua.
    Mariota instead of Kizer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

IN CHUCKY WE TRUST

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Brady avged 6.6 yards a play.
    Carr avged 7.7.
    People complained cuz Carr wasnít that mobile. And Brady is a statue.
    Brady at 43 years old. Has maybe two years.
    Dc is what, 28?
    Not on board with Brady. If we are going young, why bring in a qb that is almost twice the age of some of the wrs we are looking at in the draft.

We have a huge need at all three lb positions.
    We have a huge need at cb. At least two more.
    We need a number one wr bad.
    And all I hear on this boards is we are going to improve our big needs is by bringing in a 43 year old qb. Lol
    again....

we can do all of these things. The point is that Brady is the most winning quarterback in the history of the NFL. You draft a QB and let him learn behind him. Carr isnt teaching anybody nor is he relevant to our future.

so your saying we need 3x LBs , 2x CBs and 1 WR

We trade Carr for a 2nd.

MLB will be Burfict with Compton so thats done. Leaving us 2x OLBs , 2 CBs and 1 WR. With Brady at 30m we will still have around 50-60m in cap space. We will also have 12, 19, 2nd round, 3x 3rd Rounds. Why do you feel its so impossible to get 2 LBs , 1 WR and 2 CBs (5 players) with 60m dollars and 6 high draft picks?

A list of players compiled who may be cut by their respective teams as cap space casualties:

CB Patrick Peterson
    RB David Johnson
    WR Sammy Watkins
    DE Olivier Vernon
    DE Everson Griffin
    CB AJ Bouye
    CB Janoris Jenkins
    CB Prince Amukamara
    LB Dont'a Hightower
    LB Alec Ogletree
    DT Tyrone Crawford
    LB Kiko Alonso
    WR Mohammed Sanu
    RB Tevin Coleman
    OLB-DE - Cameron Wake
    RB- Devonta Freeman
    CB - Desmond Trufant
    LB - Leonard Floyd
    LB - Mark Barron
    DT - Marcell Dareus
    CB - Xavier Rhodes

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Meh I would be hesitant to pay Armstead what heís seeking in FA, guys wants 13-15+m minimum.
    Yeah apologies, I did put in there depending on what he is asking for but for some reason it didnít save 🤔 so I agree not for that kind of money.
    Last edited by PHIL MAGROIN; 02-19-2020 at 12:11 PM.