Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 57 of 183 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Tony Jefferson is 28yo and has been a starter for 3y for the Ravens, just got released.
    I'd love to Pair Tony Jefferson with Abrams. He'd be a great pickup. Another interesting name that's popped up at Safety is George Iloka. I'd be cool with Iloka as well. He's familiar with Guenther's system in Cincinnati. I don't think he'd break the bank. He too can offer some veteran leadership and is only 29. He turns 30 in March. Iloka is 6'4 and 225 and lays the wood on people! I guess a lot rides on Karl Joseph. He's a Raider until he isn't. (Even though he always will be)...

Iloka's highlight reel:

https://youtu.be/ib8-P6Aj6_I
    Last edited by slvr&blck760; 02-16-2020 at 09:42 AM.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

Wouldn’t we prefer a Sean Davis type? Someone who can play deep...who can cover?

Seems like every safety that gets mentioned around here is the exact same kind of player.

-Stork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Jefferson seemed like he had a real bad year last season.

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Wouldn’t we prefer a Sean Davis type? Someone who can play deep...who can cover?

Seems like every safety that gets mentioned around here is the exact same kind of player.

-Stork

Agreed.

Anthony Harris is the best option for coverage at the safety position. We should take a look at Justin Simmons as well.

Thumbs down

Of course Anthony Harris would be great to have next to Abrams at safety. But our safety problem wasn't talent . Bring back Karl get these guys healthy and find better depth. If we spend top dollar at a position let's go get a couple linebackers first. Littleton seems to have a skill set that we lack. I like Schobert also. I'm not big on Blake Martinez only because I have some die hard Packer fans in my family who say he makes all his tackles 8 yards downfield. I'll take their word. Add one of these two backers(schobert/Littleton) make a run at Jones or Armstead if he is available that gives us a pretty solid starting 11. I remember hearing how the Chiefs would never let Hudson get to free agency and he did. With their cap I can see them not tagging Chris and taking a comp pick. Let's not get to crazy with our salary cap. One maybe two expensive pieces. It has been nice having flexibility every offseason.
    Last edited by maledicent; 02-16-2020 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post

-Stork

I disagree. Iloka isn't like any of the Safeties we already have, with the exception of Erik Harris, who had a strong showing last season. Karl Joseph is 5'10 203, Jonathan Abram is 6'0 205, Lamarcus Joyner is 5'8 185, while Erik Harris is 6'2 220, while Tony Jefferson is 5'11 203. Iloka is 6'4 225 and has a tendency to hit. Hard. He's the deep threat coverage guy we need and can keep up with the likes of Kelce etc. He wouldn't be a bad pick up by any means. I'm curious, why would you be against signing Iloka, Stork? Outside of Harris being a big bodied Safety, we don't have anybody with comparable stature. If we need a coverage guy, why not drop Joyner back as our Free Safety?
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

We should sing PJ Walker from the Houston Roughnecks.

Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    I disagree. Iloka isn't like any of the Safeties we already have, with the exception of Erik Harris, who had a strong showing last season. Karl Joseph is 5'10 203, Jonathan Abram is 6'0 205, Lamarcus Joyner is 5'8 185, while Erik Harris is 6'2 220, while Tony Jefferson is 5'11 203. Iloka is 6'4 225 and has a tendency to hit. Hard. He's the deep threat coverage guy we need and can keep up with the likes of Kelce etc. He wouldn't be a bad pick up by any means. I'm curious, why would you be against signing Iloka, Stork? Outside of Harris being a big bodied Safety, we don't have anybody with comparable stature. If we need a coverage guy, why not drop Joyner back as our Free Safety?
    What does Iloka give you that Abram and Joseph can’t? Seems superfluous to me.

I think you’ll see Joyner at free safety. It remains to be seen if he can be effective.

At some point we need to figure out how to cover. Iloka does not help that.

-Stork

"Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

WR Robby Anderson is looking for 13-15m per year.

He isnt worth 9 in my opinion. a 600-700 yard guy. I really hope we dont waste our cap on him.

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    Jefferson seemed like he had a real bad year last season.
    and he blew out his ACL i think

He isnt worth 9 in my opinion. a 600-700 yard guy. I really hope we dont waste our cap on him.
    Yea not even close to worth 10+

He can seek whatever he wants to but the market will dictate his worth. I suspect he lands 9-10 million.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    He can seek whatever he wants to but the market will dictate his worth. I suspect he lands 9-10 million.
    I personally would pass on him and spend the money on Erik Armstead. He is what Guenther is looking for a guy who can play DE and then DT on passing downs & has experience doing this at the NFL level. He also had a career high 10 sacks 2019 (clearly playing in a contract year but he can play both run a pass). He would also add good experience to the team and room 😎👍

Meh I would be hesitant to pay Armstead what he’s seeking in FA, guys wants 13-15+m minimum.