Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 199 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
    It doesn't have to be tua but qbs will drop in the draft. 4 arent going top10. Happens every year... johhny Manziel was a top5 pick, as was bridgewater and Geno Smith. It also works tge other way like Giants taking D.Jones who was a 6th round projection

Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    Herbert is Jake Locker the sequel.

Tua and Love have potential but need time. IMO, Burrow is a lock - Manning / Luck kinda lock.

Remember Deshon Kizer getting promoted in-season? Iím following that closely. Itís possible Gruden thinks Kizer is his future QB.
    I would be cool with giving Kizer a shot. I know Mayock was really high on him.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Of those players who is realistic? Love and maybe Bridgewater. If Brees walks away thereís zero chance Bridgewater leaves NO. I donít buy Brady leaving the Pats. The other 3 rookie QBs will be gone by the time we pick. Unless youíre suggesting giving up multiple picks to get 1 (still wouldnít get Burrows). Plus their still massive gambles as they could easily bust.
    Fortune favors the bold, ask the Chiefs when they traded up to get Mahomes.

Pat McAfee said on Get Up that TB12 and Mark Davis were seen chatting at a fight. Hard pass from me if employment was discussed.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

try not to laugh
    "Iím not a ham-fisted nitwit."
    -Stork

Quote Originally Posted by krsonekth View Post
    Fortune favors the bold, ask the Chiefs when they traded up to get Mahomes.
    They also had a legit squad top to bottom on both sides of the ball. They felt they were making a move to upgrade the last piece, their QB. We arenít there yet. We need to focus on building up the rest of the team. Once weíve done that, then we can take our gamble and trade up for a QB that we feel could be a game changer.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    They also had a legit squad top to bottom on both sides of the ball. They felt they were making a move to upgrade the last piece, their QB. We arenít there yet. We need to focus on building up the rest of the team. Once weíve done that, then we can take our gamble and trade up for a QB that we feel could be a game changer.
    I gave an Alex Smith analogy that went over everyone's heads. S.F kept him untill they felt their team was truly ready to compete. Same with K.C..

Alex Smith had the Redskins on top of their division a year ago. They almost made the playoffs they were so far ahead of everyone else in the NFC east... I would love Alex here for a year or two, Bringing along a guy we pick at 19. In my eyes that means we miss out on a LBer... Unless Kinlaw gets picked before us.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallejo Raiders View Post
    I gave an Alex Smith analogy that went over everyone's heads. S.F kept him untill they felt their team was truly ready to compete. Same with K.C..
    I'm glad there are a few here that share that sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    Pat McAfee said on Get Up that TB12 and Mark Davis were seen chatting at a fight. Hard pass from me if employment was discussed.
    I'm a little iffy on that myself (aside from the fact I hate him). He's slowed down quite a bit, and I noticed his ball floating in '19. Not sure he has another year left in him. However, decision making and field vision is lightyears ahead of our incumbent. Might be a push with Tommy Tuckrule at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderMackin View Post
    I'm glad there are a few here that share that sentiment.
    KC was different. If Mahomes is really a generational talent, you don't keep any incumbent for long. Wasn't a knock on A.Smith at all
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

try not to laugh
    "Iím not a ham-fisted nitwit."
    -Stork

If Smith is healthy, he'd be a worthwhile target. I would be behind picking him up 100%.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    KC was different. If Mahomes is really a generational talent, you don't keep any incumbent for long. Wasn't a knock on A.Smith at all
    How was KC different? They took a chance and it paid off big time, Mahomes wasnít even the #1 rated QB in his draft. It was a very smart move, grab your future QB redshirt, build the rest of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by themadstork View Post
    Iím certainly not angry.

Who are your competitive options?

-Stork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not keen on trading top draft picks to trade up for a QB. That's out IMO. No Burrows, Tua or Herbert. We have too many overall holes to trade up in the 1st to draft a QB.

I'm open to bringing in guys like Teddy B or Mariota in Free Agency to compete with Carr.

Jalen Hurts, Jake Fromm, Jake Eason James Morgan (small school Florida Panther) can be had in rounds 2,3 or 4.

Also, with a year in the system, I'd take my chances on DeShone Kizer over Keenum or Mannion...

Opinions differ. But that's where my heads at...
    Last edited by slvr&blck760; 01-21-2020 at 02:49 PM.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    I'm not keen on trading top draft picks to trade up for a QB. That's out IMO. No Burrows, Tua or Herbert. We have too many overall holes to trade up in the 1st to draft a QB.

I'm open to bringing in guys like Teddy B or Mariota in Free Agency to compete with Carr.

Jalen Hurts, Jake Fromm, Jake Eason James Morgan (small school Florida Panther) can be had in rounds 2,3 or 4.

Also, with a year in the system, I'd take my chances on DeShone Kizer over Keenum or Mannion...

Opinions differ. But that's where my heads at...
    We have a lot of common ground then.

I would not trade up either, nor would I be opposed to spending a 3rd or 4th on a project, although Hurts does nothing for me.

Bridgewater is going to get paid and I think Mariota will too. Iím flatly disinterested in paying a project.

Kizer and/or Peterman might work out just as nicely as Keenum and/or Mannion might have. Same level of risk/reward as far as Iím concerned.

However you slice it though, Carr has to go. Put him on the market and a hopeful dimwit will fork over some valuable picks. Iíd guarantee it.

-Stork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Win some games, make the playoffs and show me you got some balls under the bright lights"

-tippa irie

Arik Armstead would be a nice target for Guenther's defense. He likes versatility in his ends, so he can move them inside or outside. Armstead is a big dude! Than sign Deion Jones at linebacker.