Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who do you want to be the next head coach?

Who do you want to be the next head coach? Wanted to do poll but couldnít see option to. Seems like everyone says Lincoln. My 1st choice would be jim harbough. Lincoln would be ok. Someone like Jim Swartz wouldnít make me to mad. I donít want Rivera. Doug marine? Maybe. Iím not high on urban Meyers
    Last edited by rawz; 12-29-2019 at 07:35 PM.

I would prefer it not be a college coach. They have a lower percentage of success. Every now and then, you get someone like Jimmy Johnson, but most of the time they end up like Chip Kelly. Plus, Jimmy's brilliance was more with that Herschel Walker trade that basically netted a hall of fame team. The NFl is a different level than college...what works in college doesn't always work in the NFL. it would be hard for a college coach to get up to speed in the modern NFL. What's important is who that head coach brings in as his coordinators. Kellem Moore and Kris Richard seemed to be getting outcoached when they faced winning teams. The blue chip coaches thought might want a little more power than Jerry is willing to give.

Harbough did amazing with 49ers. He coached luck at Stanford and made Colin loon great

I don't care who ends up being the coach. I want Jerry to hire someone to be the GM and keep his fingers off the team, sit back and be the owner and enjoy watching them win!

Thatís not realistic though and wonít happen haha. Ravens o.c. Might be a good pick up. What do you guys think of josh mcdaniels?

He knows all of Bellichek's tricks. Certainly an upgrade over what we've had. He flaked on the Colts though. Coaching wasn't the only problem with this team. For important games, a lot of these players didn't perform.

I agree. Plenty of blame to go around. We gave a 1st for Amari and we will probably lose him to free agency. That blows. Iím not sold on dak- but we got no choice but to go in. Maybe not all in but at least franchise him. Where in a tough spot. Dak is not on same level has mahomes, Brees, Rodgers, Wilson. But wants paid like it. But he is every bit has good has Goff and wentz. So do we over pay ? Or lose him and risk going to the Quincy carter years... no choice but to pay him and hope for best

Jerry keeps talking Super bowl and expecting Super Bowl every year, but he really doesn't put the groceries necessary to do that. You can't put a "pretty good" team out there and expect them to be "great." I actually hate all the jargon Jerry and Jason Garrett use. Saying it doesn't make it so. Superbowl teams play at another level. A lot of these Superbowl teams and even the top 4 remaining teams in the conference finals usually has an elite level quarterback (Last year - Brady, Mahomes, Brees). Dak just hasn't played anywhere near that. The problem with Jerry is he somehow has this philosophy of never using a first round pick on a quarterback. I wish we had just bit the bullet and spent a high pick to go after Mahomes when he was available---would have changed the franchise. The Chiefs were so smart...they somehow snatched him up with the #10 pick and he's the most talented QB in the league. 40 million is just way too much money to go 1-5 against winning teams. Plus, Amari also wants more than Julio Jones. Amari was nowhere to be seen last week when we needed him most. So you're spending budget busting dollars on an 8-8 team. Even if we get a great coach, I don't think this current roster is somehow going to be a Superbowl team. They need to change a few pieces. Rather than spending the 40 million, just try to trade what you need to move up in the draft. Identify the stud high first round quarterback and you can have a talented cheap rookie contract. But, Jerry just refuses to change his ways. He repeats the same madness and expects different results. He obviously needs a GM that's detached and not an emotional owner like him to meddle in things. He's a brilliant businessman, but thinks that somehow translates to football. That's like a great tech CEO who somehow also thinks he can be a great chef just by watching a bunch of cooking. Some of these GMs and coaches eat and drink football. They know way more than him.

Ron Rivera is off the table. The Redskins just hired him. The Jaguars retained Marone.

I didnít really want Ron Rivera. We interviewed Marvin Lewis. Not sure i want to go
    That route. Also interviewing mike McCarthy. Not real keen on him either. Will see I guess.

Urban meyer...and it's not even close

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Interesting names I've heard are Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy, Ravens offensive coordinator Greg Roman, Ravens defensive coordinator Wink Martindale and Patriots coordinator Josh McDaniels. They know how to adjust in the NFL game and are certainly better than whoever has been on the Dallas coaching staff.

Bieniemy and Roman have shown the ability to adjust to quarterbacks with less talent like Matt Moore, Tyrod Taylor. Bieinemy comes from Andy Reid's coaching tree of using west coast with spread philosophies...and if you see some of their plays, they are so innovative that teams copy them the very next week. The Ravens of course have been super successful this year. But, teams know this and these two coordinators are so hot right now that they are about to snatched up soon.

I like that josh has had head coaching experience. Even though he failed, I have to believe he learned a lot from that. Kinda like Belichick did with the browns

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast