Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Josh and some of these shiny coordinators have done advanced research so they know what all their opponents are doing. Vraebel worked with Bellichek so he seemed to know all the little tricks and instincts Bellichek likes.

I read on ProFootballTalk- and this is total speculation- that maybe the cowboys will keep Garrett and where interviewing Marvin Lewis to be dc, and McCarthy to be oc

I don't unsderstand why the cowboys never go after the best coordinators. The other teams are all circling the Ravens and chief's coordinators. Jerry keeps talking superbowl but he does not do what it takes. He needs to step aside.

The Viking game was pretty shocking. Every analyst doubted Kirk Cousins. I was slightly surprised with the Patriots game. The Seahawk game turned out exactly as I expected, down to the exact score, which I believe was the same score last time they met in the regular season.

Apparently we hired Mike McCarthy. What do you guys say? I think I like the hiring.

Well, hopefully his year off embracing analytics has helped him. I'd like to know who the coordnators are. Sometimes as important as the head coach. The coordinators got outcoached this season against the good teams.

Not a big splash move. Not sure how I feel. Starting to come
    Around. He has won a super bowl. Probaly be good for dak. I agree with rocket. Letís see who coordinators are

Packers fan here just chiming in on the hire- I come in peace!

McCarthy is a good coach but is stubborn and got really full of himself. Itíll be interesting to see if he evolved at all.
    His biggest weakness was probably his assistants. He was loyal to a fault. He didnít empower them to really contribute much or shine. It was always his way, his ideas, his voice. With that, he couldnít hold them accountable because everything started and ended with him.

Iím also really interested to see how he and Jones can work together. I personally donít think Dallas will achieve much as long as Jones is muddling around in everything. Maybe Iíll be proven wrong. And to be clear, I donít fault Jones for doing it- itís his money, itís the way he wants it and heís not a total idiot with the stuff. Heís just not quite good enough to get over the hump. Bottom line, it hasnít really worked but weíll see.

Overall, you guys couldíve done worse for sure. Itís not a splash hire, but itís also a pretty low risk move.

Quote Originally Posted by rawz View Post
    Not a big splash move. Not sure how I feel. Starting to come
    Around. He has won a super bowl. Probaly be good for dak. I agree with rocket. Letís see who coordinators are
    There's a stat out there about coordinators hired as head coach vs. head coaches that have been around with a lot of experience and the coordinators actually had a higher percentage of success. Let's cross our fingers. Certainly, McCarthy has been a terrific coach. I just hope he's current with the trends now. We've seen a lot of these coordinators come in with their fresh takes like Vraebal, Shannahan and do well. They have enough experience enough to do the job, yet have enough fresh ideas and innovation to add something new. Like Fishguy mentioned, it would be interesting to see who he brings in as assistants. At least it's not Marvin Lewis.... It was concerning when Lewis name was brought up. We all saw how mediocre his teams were. I think Jerry wanted a "big splash" name. He's all about what makes him look good. Maybe, McCarthy turns out great, but it feels like we didn't even try to interview the rising star coordinators, but rather just went in favor of the "big splash" head coach. If they were trying to develop Dak, I'd think the Ravens and Chiefs coordinators were more hip to what's working right now.

Looks like Saints linebacker coach will be the new DC.

He hired McCarthy to his staff when he was head coach of 49ers. They have worked together before. He as been dc for multiple different teams.

Hopefully, these guys are still current and can innovate in the modern NFL. Who knows. I don't know what he did in the year off, studying tapes.

I like the hire of Fassell as special teams coach. He's a superb coach and maybe special teams helps win the day for a few games when we need it. Tomsula is also a good hire and will help that get more sacks.

That made me a little more excited about McCarthy. ( above link)z... separate note- almost all of our assistant coaches have head coaching experience lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast