Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Its wins added during the decade that is ending! That's like saying Peoples most beautiful list is skewed to beautiful people.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Ok? Dirk, Duncan, Wade, and Howard spent at least half the decade on the decline, as shells of themselves, or retired yet are up there, but Giannis (2013) isn't on there and AD/Dame/DGreen (2012), Klay Thompson (2011) are the only guys on this list drafted this decade. I basically see it as a who's who entering the decade.

To me it's like saying the peoples most beautiful list has 95% over 50 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Ok? Dirk, Duncan, Wade, and Howard spent at least half the decade on the decline, as shells of themselves, or retired yet are up there, but Giannis (2013) isn't on there and AD/Dame/DGreen (2012), Klay Thompson (2011) are the only guys on this list drafted this decade. I basically see it as a who's who entering the decade.

To me it's like saying the peoples most beautiful list has 95% over 50 years old.
    But at the beginning of the decade those titties were still nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Seems to me that you are wanting the list to be something other than it is, otherwise the criticisms make zero sense.

The list is not skewed in any way. It attempts to quantify something along the lines of "surplus value added" over a set period of time. And it is cumulative. We can deduce logically from that that the people at the top of the list will be those that were "best" for longest with that time period.

It does not make the claim to the best players at any point in time from 09-10 to 18-19 so why would we be surprised that Giannis (who has been producing like a star for 3 out of those 10 NBA seasons) would not be there? Or surprised that Duncan or Nowitzki are?

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    So what is wins-added and how is it justified?

Seems like a a measurement that lacks basic context. Milsap added more wins to his teams than Anthony Davis because this stat says so? Mmmkay.

A team based measurement (games won) can never be accurately divided. That article and this thread is click-bait for trolls.
    Davis missed the first 3 years of the decade, and missed like 20 games a year...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

bout what I expected. LeBron by a mile, as he caught a lot of stars already in their prime when he entered, so they dwindled, and new stars came in later. The one thing that sticks out, is how easily we forget how awesome Dwight was for a while. He is one of the better names listed here, despite being horrific for the last 4 years haha.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

all this really shows, outside of the obvious (LeBron is great), is that the exact decade didn't have any all timers playing the lions share of their careers, except LeBron/KD. Everyone else staggered in/out. Obviously if we just took the best 10 years of a player and how many wins they added, LeBron would still be WAY up top, but guys like Kobe, KG, Dirk, Duncan, etc, would be way up there too. Giannis didn't even begin to be all star level until well after the halfway point of this graph, not sure why you are surprised he doesn't show up..

Seems to me that you are wanting the list to be something other than it is, otherwise the criticisms make zero sense.

The list is not skewed in any way. It attempts to quantify something along the lines of "surplus value added" over a set period of time. And it is cumulative. We can deduce logically from that that the people at the top of the list will be those that were "best" for longest with that time period.

It does not make the claim to the best players at any point in time from 09-10 to 18-19 so why would we be surprised that Giannis (who has been producing like a star for 3 out of those 10 NBA seasons) would not be there? Or surprised that Duncan or Nowitzki are?

I mean I donít have a major issue with it but you pointed out what I saw. Itís just a list of who was good in the early to mid Ď10ís

I gues my thing is it's a "ok cool" thing, I could look at a list of the 25 players with a set min starts or min mpg and likely see the same thing this list is telling us. Now if it was something like expected wins added (meaning their stat line was derived independent of the outcome) I would find it more awesome.

I gues my thing is it's a "ok cool" thing, I could look at a list of the 25 players with a set min starts or min mpg and likely see the same thing this list is telling us. Now if it was something like expected wins added (meaning their stat line was derived independent of the outcome) I would find it more awesome.
    well someone else will have to correct me if i'm wrong but i thought that was exactly what it is.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

well someone else will have to correct me if i'm wrong but i thought that was exactly what it is.
    IIRC you only get the wins added if your team wins the game based on your performance.

In know PM is a crappy stat, but it would be the difference between BPM and RPM.

IIRC you only get the wins added if your team wins the game based on your performance.

In know PM is a crappy stat, but it would be the difference between BPM and RPM.
    That sounds wrong

It all has to do with how good your team is. Lame stat if you ask me. Just another way for the liberal sports media to prop up the guys they want to promote.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    go see the other thread.... they were actually trying to argue kobe/wade as top 10 from 2010-2020
    That is a joke lol. Kobe might be top 10 worst considering how bad he was after the achilles rupture. Wade was easily top 1-5 from 2006-2012, then top ten from 2013-2014. Not enough time in that 10 year span to be considered an all decade player. Then he fell off a cliff. I don't know why they want to use decades as bench marks. Give someone a disadvantage if they are in their absolute peaks at either the beginning or end of a decade. Why not just compare peak values and be done with it? Oh well. People have to come up with new things a argue over I suppose.

The debate should be between LeBron, Steph, and Kevin.

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo Naes View Post
    The debate should be between LeBron, Steph, and Kevin.
    I mean, there is no debate over #1. Debate starts after that prolly, though beta fish KD probably runs with it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast