Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I ran a test on Lebron and I'm 99% certain that Wins Added is EWA 2011-12 to present, including this season.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    My problem with lots of these "of the decade" lists is guys who were in their prime at the start of the decade and fell off as it went on are getting huge bumps over guys that started and at hitting their primes at the end of the decade.
    I feel like this makes no sense or perhaps you could clarify.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    I feel like this makes no sense or perhaps you could clarify.

Lists like this tend to favor guys who were playing early in the decade due to already being good teams as opposed to young players who are good that spent a season or two on a bad team that didnít win much. Itís just a pattern when you look at stats by decade.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    I ran a test on Lebron and I'm 99% certain that Wins Added is EWA 2011-12 to present, including this season.
    Really? The reason I ask is when I looked at the list of leaders for the current season much to my disgust I saw DD there at 25th. And as the number of players whose careers have spanned the entire decade is fairly small I would think by that measurement that Demar would have been in the top 25, particularly with the Raptors run of playoff appearances.

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

FWIW I have no data to back up what I said. Just a feeling.

Ya indy you have to be wrong. If it was EWA DeMar would surely be on this list as he was 25th, 25th, 13th and 11th the past 4 years.

Ya indy you have to be wrong. If it was EWA DeMar would surely be on this list as he was 25th, 25th, 13th and 11th the past 4 years.

Where was he before that?

does the name and formula really matter anymore when we've seen just about every barometers inherent biases. the argument always boils down to what you value.

who's out of place here?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    does the name and formula really matter anymore when we've seen just about every barometers inherent biases. the argument always boils down to what you value.

who's out of place here?
    The drop from Westbrook seems too big, AD too low, Love/DAJ/Conley too high.

who's out of place here?
    I don't think anyone is off the top of my head. You can pretty much limit the list to guys with at least 9 out of 10 years or standouts like Duncan who btw is amazing for even being on that list.

The drop from Westbrook seems too big, AD too low, Love/DAJ/Conley too high.
    Its impressive seeing AD at all, hes at a 2-3 year disadvantage to many on that list and that before the huge disadvantage of never making the playoffs

Its impressive seeing AD at all, hes at a 2-3 year disadvantage to many on that list and that before the huge disadvantage of never making the playoffs

Yea, hence my feeling this list is skewed to players who were on teams at the start of the decade.

who's out of place here?
    If you don't know what you're looking at, you don't know what those biases are. PER is designed to mimic public perception, not to be correct or in any way analytical. If you can look at a ranking and it tells you everything you already agree with, then it didn't tell you anything new. Why player A is on one list and off another is what makes it interesting, but more to the point useful. The point of sports metrics is to get a competitive edge because you know something other teams don't. Metrics are meant to model what's happening on the court. Like calculus, they're approximations of something real. And some approximations are closer to reality than others.

'11-'12 and '12-13 his PER was below average. That alone probably knocks him out of a cumulative 10 year metric when guys have been good all 10 of those years. He was pretty average in PER '13-'14 and '14-15.

Yea, hence my feeling this list is skewed to players who were on teams at the start of the decade.
    Its wins added during the decade that is ending! That's like saying Peoples most beautiful list is skewed to beautiful people.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast