Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just add 2 teams to make it 6 and do it like the NFL does.
    Top 2 get a bye.
    3 vs 6, 4 vs 5.
    Lowest remaining seed vs 1.
    Highest remaining seed vs 2.
    Semifinal game.
    Championship.

The 2nd gear on Etienne is nuts. As soon as that dude hits open space it's over. Nice back and forth between he and Dobbins, though Dobbins did leave hurt.

Where was this Clemson offense all game?

Good finish coming up potentially. 1:00+ left, 2 timeouts, and OSU is getting the ball down 4 (pending the XP).

That was slightly more entertaining than the first game

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I heard an interesting proposal on the radio today to reduce these blowout games:
    8 team playoffs. Power 5 champions guaranteed. Outside of that itís merit based.

My twist:
    Week 1 happens 2 weeks after the championship games. 8@5, 7@6.
    Week 2 is one week later. 3 versus lowest seed left. 4 versus highest seed left. Played at NFL stadium halfway between both teams. EX if we had Clemson vs PSU this week it would be played in Baltimore or Washington. Utah vs Oklahoma in Denver.
    Week 3 is 1 vs lowest seed at a predetermined bowl. 2 vs highest seed at a predetermined bowl.
    Week 4 is championship game.

By eliminating the 1v8 on down format we get a higher chance of closer games. 4 weeks gives a long gestation period for talk.
    I've always thought 8 teams should be Power Five champions, a Group of Five representative (similar to NY6 selection) and two wild cards. The committee can decide the G5 team, the wild cards and seeding based on whatever criteria they want, but the P5 champions are guaranteed spots.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I've always thought 8 teams should be Power Five champions, a Group of Five representative (similar to NY6 selection) and two wild cards. The committee can decide the G5 team, the wild cards and seeding based on whatever criteria they want, but the P5 champions are guaranteed spots.
    Yea. The host was on that and liked it, but brought up the idea of a couple of bye weeks so you don't have 1v8 and 2v7 which would likely be blowouts. And by the time the 1 & 2 seeds are involved you got down to good performing teams.

My personal thoughts on it is that we get blowout games because teams have too long to prepare and know what to do. I think that if the NCAA wants more competitive games they would cut down on the prep time and involve teams that are closer together.

Returned to the 50 and the offense stalls there. Yeah, that sounds about right for Michigan today.

I can't wait for the day where Michigan has a real QB.

Much closer game than I was anticipating,Michigan has a chance to really upset Sabin

Score a TD here and its over. What a shame too because Michigan played really well for the most part, save for a few mistakes and **** Patterson.

Well that was bad.There is time left but not seeing it happening now.

Clemson for the repeat.

Clemson has that balanced offense/defense, experience and coaching to beat the lsu juggernaut.

This should be a good one,I am leaning towards Clemson being the winner due to talent and experience but LSU is a powerhouse.Hoping for a competitive game rather than seeing a blowout either way.

So, LSU fell down by two scores and I though "welp, Burrow can come back easily", then LSU went up by two scores and I though "welp, Lawrence can come back easily"

should be fun

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Clemson for the repeat.

Clemson has that balanced offense/defense, experience and coaching to beat the lsu juggernaut.
    Nope

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12