Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    The lack of a clear updated privacy policy probably violates new 2020 California laws fyi.
    I am aware of that for my actual job, but I have nothing to do with that here. I assume that they are well aware of that, or because the business is located in Canada, it might not apply to them. So I've got no idea.

Some further feedback on the ad issue, they have received some similar complaints for one of their other properties and have taken steps to improve that, and they are thinking that something similar could be coming for PSD soon. In the meantime, I would encourage all posters to use the Contact Us form if the ads are affecting your experience here to the point where you are logging on and posting less.

this ad blocker ad thing is going to ruin PSD. Please get rid of it

Quote Originally Posted by rocket View Post
    this ad blocker ad thing is going to ruin PSD. Please get rid of it
    Please use the contact us form at the bottom of the site. Thatís the best way to get someone higher up to see what is going on.

How much (you can ball park it) would it cost to buy this site? I don't want the regular site, just the forum.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Sounds like a horrible investment.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Sounds like a horrible investment.
    It's time we Make PSD Great Again!
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Good luck with that.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    How much (you can ball park it) would it cost to buy this site? I don't want the regular site, just the forum.
    350k (5x revenue)
    https://www.worthofweb.com/website-v...rtsdaily.com//
    Then about 30-50k to revamp to a modern interface, need all the free help to stay free, need a hook to attract visitors, like a fb page and twitter account that is active
    But you would need ads that attracted clicks to keep it free
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Please use the contact us form at the bottom of the site. Thatís the best way to get someone higher up to see what is going on.
    will do... everytime i log in i legit have to refresh 5 times... not cool

It's time we Make PSD Great Again!
    if you buy it please make me a mod

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    350k (5x revenue)
    https://www.worthofweb.com/website-v...rtsdaily.com//
    Then about 30-50k to revamp to a modern interface, need all the free help to stay free, need a hook to attract visitors, like a fb page and twitter account that is active
    But you would need ads that attracted clicks to keep it free
    And now I just have to sell my house...
    _____

And now I just have to sell my house...
    just to buy a website you would sell your house?. offer them 50k and see where it goes, the more they want, the more they finance, pay them off out of earnings.
    Or do you just want to own the sandbox so you can tell everyone to go home?
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

13. 05-27-2020, 02:56 AM
    Reason
    Stop replying to the bots- TT

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the parent company uses PSD more as just a low-cost low-maintenance side revenue stream than anything. It gets tougher and tougher to keep a site free where you don't sell anything...and there's a fine line between a tolerable amount of advertising and 'I gotta use an ad blocker' levels.

One problem many users don't think about is...if you like a site, you can't just block their only revenue source for it by blocking their ads. The more people that do that, the more likely a site has to 1) increase the number of ads or 2) close down.

But, the level and type of ads here do get cumbersome...and too often cause pages to not fully load and/or you go to click something only to have an ad pop up where you just clicked, etc.......and annoying users doesn't increase traffic either.

I'm here as often as I am because the forums on my OWN sports game site are extremely underutilized. I have active players (or at least did pre-covid) but posting has been down for years. Forums in general are tough to keep active without giving users more reason to log in.

One thing I've wanted to look into for years is ways for smaller sports sites to combine resources to network together for various things, instead of each site expending energy to do some of the same things, spending more per site for server space/bandwidth, etc....networked together advertising could be higher value, lower impact just because of traffic numbers from combining resources. If a mod wants to put me in touch with someone with the company on that, I'd be down with that.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

New, and I am unsure where I can post question since I can't start a new thread as of yet nor use private messaging. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    New, and I am unsure where I can post question since I can't start a new thread as of yet nor use private messaging. Thanks for the help.
    Since I know who you are from other sites in the past, I will upgrade your account now. Usually there are thresholds to meet before those abilities are unlocked.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast