Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 63
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mile High
    Posts
    17,682
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Just got hit with a "it looks like you're using an adblocker". That has NEVER happened before. Is that something new?
    same

    And now that my ad blocker is off, the amount of ads is out of control. The site is almost unusable to me
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,938
    It really isn't difficult to get around PSD's request to turn off one's ad blocker.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Id suggest using ad block. I use it and no longer see any.
    The site is now demanding I deactivate my ad block...I'll stop using this site before I do that.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,967
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    same

    And now that my ad blocker is off, the amount of ads is out of control. The site is almost unusable to me
    There is an option at the bottom of the pop-up to ignore, use that.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Weird. I use adblock extension on safari and it's never been an issue.
    Safari? Gross grow up and get a real computer.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,443
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    There is an option at the bottom of the pop-up to ignore, use that.
    Not every time...

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    95,037
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    It really isn't difficult to get around PSD's request to turn off one's ad blocker.
    You are correct. I was just surprised that it asked about it now. It's never done that before. So something changed.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  8. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    37,629
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    You are correct. I was just surprised that it asked about it now. It's never done that before. So something changed.
    Yeah, it is pretty annoying. Yesterday I had to close the site and reopen it again because it didn't even give me the option to ignore the request. I find it funny though that it is asking for me to turn off my pop up blocker, and this site is the reason I had to download it in the first place. No way I am turning them off, because this site is unviewable without it.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    95,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Yeah, it is pretty annoying. Yesterday I had to close the site and reopen it again because it didn't even give me the option to ignore the request. I find it funny though that it is asking for me to turn off my pop up blocker, and this site is the reason I had to download it in the first place. No way I am turning them off, because this site is unviewable without it.
    I did get one message today where it wouldn't let me not turn off the adblocker. I refreshed the page and it didn't hit me with the same pop up.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  10. #40
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,938
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I did get one message today where it wouldn't let me not turn off the adblocker. I refreshed the page and it didn't hit me with the same pop up.
    Exactly. Haven't had to deal with more than that ever.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    115,230
    had to close the site and reopen it 5 times tonight before logging on just to get on........ come on guys... yea its only like 30 seconds or so but damn its annoying.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,938
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    had to close the site and reopen it 5 times tonight before logging on just to get on........ come on guys... yea its only like 30 seconds or so but damn its annoying.
    I've never had to do more than a single refresh or a single click on "continue without ads". Though yes, it's still kinda lame.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    6,286
    No word from admins? Im sure the owners of the site made this change


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Annapolis MD
    Posts
    17,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    No word from admins? Im sure the owners of the site made this change


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I addressed it earlier in the thread. I would suggest using the Contact Us form at the bottom of the page here to express your thoughts on the matter. I have passed onto our contact that there are complaints about the ads, including this latest change and linked them to this thread.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Modesto
    Posts
    2,713
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I addressed it earlier in the thread. I would suggest using the Contact Us form at the bottom of the page here to express your thoughts on the matter. I have passed onto our contact that there are complaints about the ads, including this latest change and linked them to this thread.
    The lack of a clear updated privacy policy probably violates new 2020 California laws fyi.
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

    Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •