Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Just got hit with a "it looks like you're using an adblocker". That has NEVER happened before. Is that something new?
    same

And now that my ad blocker is off, the amount of ads is out of control. The site is almost unusable to me
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

It really isn't difficult to get around PSD's request to turn off one's ad blocker.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Id suggest using ad block. I use it and no longer see any.
    The site is now demanding I deactivate my ad block...I'll stop using this site before I do that.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    same

And now that my ad blocker is off, the amount of ads is out of control. The site is almost unusable to me
    There is an option at the bottom of the pop-up to ignore, use that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Weird. I use adblock extension on safari and it's never been an issue.
    Safari? Gross grow up and get a real computer.

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    There is an option at the bottom of the pop-up to ignore, use that.
    Not every time...

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    It really isn't difficult to get around PSD's request to turn off one's ad blocker.
    You are correct. I was just surprised that it asked about it now. It's never done that before. So something changed.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

You are correct. I was just surprised that it asked about it now. It's never done that before. So something changed.
    Yeah, it is pretty annoying. Yesterday I had to close the site and reopen it again because it didn't even give me the option to ignore the request. I find it funny though that it is asking for me to turn off my pop up blocker, and this site is the reason I had to download it in the first place. No way I am turning them off, because this site is unviewable without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Yeah, it is pretty annoying. Yesterday I had to close the site and reopen it again because it didn't even give me the option to ignore the request. I find it funny though that it is asking for me to turn off my pop up blocker, and this site is the reason I had to download it in the first place. No way I am turning them off, because this site is unviewable without it.
    I did get one message today where it wouldn't let me not turn off the adblocker. I refreshed the page and it didn't hit me with the same pop up.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

I did get one message today where it wouldn't let me not turn off the adblocker. I refreshed the page and it didn't hit me with the same pop up.
    Exactly. Haven't had to deal with more than that ever.

had to close the site and reopen it 5 times tonight before logging on just to get on........ come on guys... yea its only like 30 seconds or so but damn its annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    had to close the site and reopen it 5 times tonight before logging on just to get on........ come on guys... yea its only like 30 seconds or so but damn its annoying.
    I've never had to do more than a single refresh or a single click on "continue without ads". Though yes, it's still kinda lame.

No word from admins? Im sure the owners of the site made this change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    No word from admins? Im sure the owners of the site made this change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I addressed it earlier in the thread. I would suggest using the Contact Us form at the bottom of the page here to express your thoughts on the matter. I have passed onto our contact that there are complaints about the ads, including this latest change and linked them to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I addressed it earlier in the thread. I would suggest using the Contact Us form at the bottom of the page here to express your thoughts on the matter. I have passed onto our contact that there are complaints about the ads, including this latest change and linked them to this thread.
    The lack of a clear updated privacy policy probably violates new 2020 California laws fyi.
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast