Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    100,644
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I was lucky enough to be at game 3 of the 2015 WS. **** seats for the money I paid but considering we're never sure they will make it back, I had to go.

    Shame the Royals were a team on a mission that season because I think the Mets would have beaten any other AL team that would have made it.
    If Familia does not get ****ing cute with his pitch decision, I think the Mets win the WS. To me that changed everything, but the Royals were a hard team to beat even with their mediocre starting pitching.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    45,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    If Familia does not get ****ing cute with his pitch decision, I think the Mets win the WS. To me that changed everything, but the Royals were a hard team to beat even with their mediocre starting pitching.
    F-ing Cespedes turning a leadoff flyout into an inside the park homer also helped set the tone.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Shea Stadium
    Posts
    670
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    F-ing Cespedes turning a leadoff flyout into an inside the park homer also helped set the tone.
    He was looking for his horse. It is very common for players to be in the OF and think that they are back at their ranch looking for their horse, or a hole.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Northport, LI
    Posts
    1,487
    Quote Originally Posted by mookiewilson View Post
    He was looking for his horse. It is very common for players to be in the OF and think that they are back at their ranch looking for their horse, or a hole.
    We now know he thought the ball was a wild boar.
    Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    9,156
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I was lucky enough to be at game 3 of the 2015 WS. **** seats for the money I paid but considering we're never sure they will make it back, I had to go.

    Shame the Royals were a team on a mission that season because I think the Mets would have beaten any other AL team that would have made it.
    I unfortunately was at game 5.

    Wilmer homer the game after the tears and the almost trade was pretty special.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,905
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I was lucky enough to be at game 3 of the 2015 WS. **** seats for the money I paid but considering we're never sure they will make it back, I had to go.

    Shame the Royals were a team on a mission that season because I think the Mets would have beaten any other AL team that would have made it.
    I was there that night as well. I sat about 10 rows behind home plate. My sister got the tickets.

    Amazing game until they started playing volleyball in the field in the 8th inning. Was a rough subway ride back to the city.

    Don't worry. He's got this.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hoboken, NJ
    Posts
    3,810
    Tough to pick just one although some of the things up there have to be:

    - The Johan Santana perfect game
    - The Endy Chavez wall catch in the playoffs
    - Alonso breaking the rookie HR record

    There is so many more but those were some good memories. To be honest this season when we went on that unprecedented run which got us back into the playoff race provided tons of good memories and clutch plays.
    Just a Met's fan surrounded by Phillies fan's standing strong behind enemy lines

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    45,683
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheKing30 View Post
    Tough to pick just one although some of the things up there have to be:

    - The Johan Santana perfect game
    - The Endy Chavez wall catch in the playoffs
    - Alonso breaking the rookie HR record

    There is so many more but those were some good memories. To be honest this season when we went on that unprecedented run which got us back into the playoff race provided tons of good memories and clutch plays.
    Johan Santana's perfect game absolutely positively would have have been the moment of the decade. Shame it never happened.

    Endy's catch was of another decade.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,519
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheKing30 View Post
    Tough to pick just one although some of the things up there have to be:

    - The Johan Santana perfect game
    - The Endy Chavez wall catch in the playoffs
    - Alonso breaking the rookie HR record

    There is so many more but those were some good memories. To be honest this season when we went on that unprecedented run which got us back into the playoff race provided tons of good memories and clutch plays.
    Sad to think Endy’s catch was the prior decade

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    45,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Sad to think Endy’s catch was the prior decade
    Turns out time flies when you're having fun and when you're miserable.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Kabul Afghanistan
    Posts
    2,744
    https://youtu.be/ypTI0C6HVSk

    I liked the personality of this team, a lot.

    Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

  12. #27
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hoboken, NJ
    Posts
    3,810
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Johan Santana's perfect game absolutely positively would have have been the moment of the decade. Shame it never happened.

    Endy's catch was of another decade.
    Ah missed the "last decade" part my bad......Johan's no hitter.,,,,I;ve been losing my mind on here lately wtf
    Just a Met's fan surrounded by Phillies fan's standing strong behind enemy lines

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    49,121


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    49,121


    Here are two more for your consideration.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  15. #30
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hoboken, NJ
    Posts
    3,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post


    Here are two more for your consideration.
    The Daniel Murphy power surge in the playoffs was awesome, good pick.
    Just a Met's fan surrounded by Phillies fan's standing strong behind enemy lines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •