Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738
Results 556 to 565 of 565
  1. #556
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,283
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Those of you with a good memory will remember I was adamant leading up to the 2019 draft about how OT was a huge need for us. After the draft I said OT would have to be #1 on our list for the 2020 draft.

    In what feels like history repeating itself, I have been extremely clear about a long term need that has not been addressed and thus should be the early favorite for the first round in 2021. What position an I referring to? EDGE rusher.

    Shaq is on a franchise tag. That guarantees he is here 1 year, if he were to seriously regress, or come back down to earth, would the Bucs still want to bring him back? Would the 2 sides disagree on his value and he want to test the market? If he balls out, do they tag him again? Are they able to come to terms on a longer extension?

    Of course Shaq is only 1 starting OLB and we need 2. JPP had 8.5 sacks in 10 games last year, a fantastic achievement coming off of a broken neck. He is 31 years old and just signed a 2 year deal. Can we guarantee his form in 2 years? Will the Bucs be able to pay him still if they're paying Shaq and others (Godwin, Vea, etc)?

    On top of that, how is our depth? Nassib is gone, we have Anthony Nelson but he is still unproven. I don't think we have great depth, an injury would hurt and we dont have a really effective 3rd rusher to rotate or use if we kick JPP inside on passing downs.

    I would definitely recommend targeting EDGE early in 2021, if we still have Shaq and Jason we have another talented rusher to try for a SB(back to back?) and to give leverage/options long term. If one or both of them struggle or leave, we will need to replace them.
    it will most likely be Edge or D line as Suh will be gone after this year and hid replacement is not currently on the roster. That is why I was fully on board with us targeting either position as high as the second round if the value was right. It just didn't work out that way.

  2. #557
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,859
    Overall I'm happy with the draft, I think we got 4 immediate contributors which is something I don't think a lot of teams can say (cough Packers cough). Next year obviously QB will be high on our list most likely with our 1st/2nd round picks then OLB/Dline should be targeted early.

    Saw a very early 2021 mock draft and it had 4 QBs in the first round. The obvious ones Trevor Lawrence/Justin Fields but I'm just crossing those 2 off my list since I see them most likely going 1&2. The others were Newman and Brock Purdy. Definitely going to watch more of those 2 and some others like KJ Costello I have my eye on. Guy had a great 2018 season at Stanford but got hurt in 2019, now hes at Mississippi St with Mike Leach as the HC which should be a very interesting combo.

  3. #558
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,283
    Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    Overall I'm happy with the draft, I think we got 4 immediate contributors which is something I don't think a lot of teams can say (cough Packers cough). Next year obviously QB will be high on our list most likely with our 1st/2nd round picks then OLB/Dline should be targeted early.

    Saw a very early 2021 mock draft and it had 4 QBs in the first round. The obvious ones Trevor Lawrence/Justin Fields but I'm just crossing those 2 off my list since I see them most likely going 1&2. The others were Newman and Brock Purdy. Definitely going to watch more of those 2 and some others like KJ Costello I have my eye on. Guy had a great 2018 season at Stanford but got hurt in 2019, now hes at Mississippi St with Mike Leach as the HC which should be a very interesting combo.
    I also like Sam Ehlinger from Texas, but as of now Jamie Newman is my favorite QB going into 2021. I have him as the 2nd best behind Trevor Lawrence. A lot can change next year though. I'm really curious to see how KJ Costello dies at Miss St. He was looked at as a 1/2 rounder going into the season, and it just could not have gone worse for him.

  4. #559
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,859
    Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    I also like Sam Ehlinger from Texas, but as of now Jamie Newman is my favorite QB going into 2021. I have him as the 2nd best behind Trevor Lawrence. A lot can change next year though. I'm really curious to see how KJ Costello dies at Miss St. He was looked at as a 1/2 rounder going into the season, and it just could not have gone worse for him.
    Agreed I remember the week 1 game against Northwestern where he got cheap shot and knocked out, then the rest of the season was a nightmare for the guy. Costello, Leach, and SEC defenses are 3 things that peaked my interest. I like Ehlinger as well, interesting to see how his game translates. It was smart for him to return for his senior year. Georgia has a tough schedule early on I believe week 3 is in Tuscaloosa so we will know about Newman early on, it won't be ACC defenses he plays this year.

  5. #560
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    11,885
    You guys are all assuming we go from Brady to a young guy, that's one option but not the only one.

    Rodgers contract is untradeable and cant be cut before end of 2021, would be 51 mil in dead cap now and 31 mil in dead cap during 2021.

    Hes only due 25.5 mil in yearly cash in 22 and 23, with around 17 mil in signing and restructure bonuses which GB has to eat no matter what.

    They just drafted Love and in 2 years will be itching to make that change and Rodgers will want to leave, he will be 38.

    That is exactly when Bradys 2 year deal with us runs up. He could retire or possibly go somewhere else.

    Imagine going from Brady to Rodgers and the defense and weapons we have for Brady would be a great landing spot for Rodgers especially if we can win 1 or 2 Super Bowls with Tom.

  6. #561
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,859
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    You guys are all assuming we go from Brady to a young guy, that's one option but not the only one.

    Rodgers contract is untradeable and cant be cut before end of 2021, would be 51 mil in dead cap now and 31 mil in dead cap during 2021.

    Hes only due 25.5 mil in yearly cash in 22 and 23, with around 17 mil in signing and restructure bonuses which GB has to eat no matter what.

    They just drafted Love and in 2 years will be itching to make that change and Rodgers will want to leave, he will be 38.

    That is exactly when Bradys 2 year deal with us runs up. He could retire or possibly go somewhere else.

    Imagine going from Brady to Rodgers and the defense and weapons we have for Brady would be a great landing spot for Rodgers especially if we can win 1 or 2 Super Bowls with Tom.
    I won't lie I've thought of that but sort of dismissed it as a fantasy, but then again here we are with Brady. That would be insane but I doubt Arians would still be the coach when/IF we would even get Rodgers and I wonder how that would impact his choice. Could easily see Rodgers with Gruden as well.

  7. #562
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    11,885
    Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    I won't lie I've thought of that but sort of dismissed it as a fantasy, but then again here we are with Brady. That would be insane but I doubt Arians would still be the coach when/IF we would even get Rodgers and I wonder how that would impact his choice. Could easily see Rodgers with Gruden as well.
    After the next 2 years Leftwich and Bowles would likely have more of a name. It seems Arians is setting this staff up to continue after he is gone, I could see either being his replacement. He did sign a 5 year deal though and may run that out.

    Obviously it is way out there, just something to think about.

  8. #563
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,283
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    You guys are all assuming we go from Brady to a young guy, that's one option but not the only one.

    Rodgers contract is untradeable and cant be cut before end of 2021, would be 51 mil in dead cap now and 31 mil in dead cap during 2021.

    Hes only due 25.5 mil in yearly cash in 22 and 23, with around 17 mil in signing and restructure bonuses which GB has to eat no matter what.

    They just drafted Love and in 2 years will be itching to make that change and Rodgers will want to leave, he will be 38.

    That is exactly when Bradys 2 year deal with us runs up. He could retire or possibly go somewhere else.

    Imagine going from Brady to Rodgers and the defense and weapons we have for Brady would be a great landing spot for Rodgers especially if we can win 1 or 2 Super Bowls with Tom.
    I mean sure, it could happen, and I certainly wouldn't be against it, but still obviously going to pay close attention to college QB's this year because that is probably the most likely scenario.

  9. #564
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,840
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    You guys are all assuming we go from Brady to a young guy, that's one option but not the only one.

    Rodgers contract is untradeable and cant be cut before end of 2021, would be 51 mil in dead cap now and 31 mil in dead cap during 2021.

    Hes only due 25.5 mil in yearly cash in 22 and 23, with around 17 mil in signing and restructure bonuses which GB has to eat no matter what.

    They just drafted Love and in 2 years will be itching to make that change and Rodgers will want to leave, he will be 38.

    That is exactly when Bradys 2 year deal with us runs up. He could retire or possibly go somewhere else.

    Imagine going from Brady to Rodgers and the defense and weapons we have for Brady would be a great landing spot for Rodgers especially if we can win 1 or 2 Super Bowls with Tom.
    Iíve actually thought about this quite a bit. The only issue I have with Rodgers is whenever a receiver leaves Green Bay they never have anything nice to say about him. He was also the reason that McCarthy was let go as head coach. What would happen if he doesnít agree with Arians, or Leftwich? What if Evans and he donít see eye to eye?
    I think heís a great QB but those issues keep popping into my head and I go sour on him.

  10. #565
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,283
    He's a douche bag, there's no doubt. I still think we would love to have him, but so would 20 other teams. So it's not a basket that anyone should be putting all their eggs in

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •