Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    There goes Elliott

Vaughn in a ****** pick and a major reach, 4th/5th rounder according to most.

Winfield pick was ok but looks worse after taking Vaughn.

Classic Licht mismanagement, even somehow managed to make getting Wirfs in Round 1 less than ideal

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post

Classic Licht mismanagement, even somehow managed to make getting Wirfs in Round 1 less than ideal
    Now seeing both Moss and Evans coming off the board in the 3rd, not sure we could have waited until round 5 to pick one if we are really looking for a guy that can split carries. It may have been a slight reach, but it was the appropriate round imo

The alternative would have been going Dobbins in the 2nd and maybe A. Davis at S in the 3rd. Only time will tell which direction would have been better. Losing both of our 4th round picks is really what hurts not only do we not have those pics, but it really gave us no ammunition to trade. This is the first time Jason Licht has made it through three rounds without picking up player that I've never heard of, so for that I am grateful

Apparently Jacksonville called and said we will give you Fournette for your 3rd Round pick. In a win now situation if they chose Vaughn a round earlier then he should of went and passed on Fournette I'm gonna be absolutely livid.

I especially say that bc if RJ goes down. What's the plan? Dare or Vaughn are the bell cows? We would be in huge trouble.

There's no doubt we didn't get the impact player at RB that we hoped to coming into that draft, but again, we knew we weren't going to as soon as we made our 2nd round pick because Dobbins and Akers were the only 2 left and they were not lasting until our 3rd round pick.

Still could add another purely pass-catching back before the end of the draft. Perine, JJ Taylor, Emo Benjy. By time we get to the 5th round, DLine and Edge rusher are probably no longer priorities or good value. Probably looking at WR, RB, Interior O-Line and maybe a QB

If we do nothing in the 4th and Daryl William's is there in the 5th and no WR that makes sense we gotta jump on that. A project and depth but can play guard and more importantly center in case Jensen goes down. A prospect in a round that's a need imo.

Vaughn is an NFL-style back with a slightly undersized frame but good speed and good hands in the open field. He's built for chunk plays and will rip off long runs but hasn't shown much yards-after-catch ability as a receiver. That could come with a better supporting cast, which is what we're betting on with Vaughn's transition to the NFL.

GRADE: 71

PRO COMPARISON: Devin Singletary/James White

Long way to get there. But I like the supporting cast comment. He has that. And the pro comparisons would be awesome if he got anywhere close to that!

Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    Vaughn is an NFL-style back with a slightly undersized frame but good speed and good hands in the open field. He's built for chunk plays and will rip off long runs but hasn't shown much yards-after-catch ability as a receiver. That could come with a better supporting cast, which is what we're betting on with Vaughn's transition to the NFL.

GRADE: 71

PRO COMPARISON: Devin Singletary/James White

Long way to get there. But I like the supporting cast comment. He has that. And the pro comparisons would be awesome if he got anywhere close to that!
    As someone who watches the SEC religiously I can tell you that the Vaughn pick isnít bad. Heís the guy you had to plan for against Vandy and he was really the only one. He ripped off big runs against the likes of LSU, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida and those are no slouch defenses. Is he the flashy player? No. But heís consistent and thatís what you want in a back.

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post

Winfield is more than ok, everyone and I mean everyone has raved about the pick. Heís smart, he intercepts the ball, evidenced by his 7 interceptions last year. Heís a leader in the secondary which is what we needed because after Devin White and David we have no leaders in our secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by 5surretts View Post
    As someone who watches the SEC religiously I can tell you that the Vaughn pick isnít bad. Heís the guy you had to plan for against Vandy and he was really the only one. He ripped off big runs against the likes of LSU, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida and those are no slouch defenses. Is he the flashy player? No. But heís consistent and thatís what you want in a back.
    He had a good game against LSU, which is probably his biggest claim to fame. He also had 2 pretty respectful games against Georgia. He got completely stuffed against Florida. So I'm not sure what you are referring to there, unless that was a couple of years ago. He is definitely known for the big chunk runs and he has really good long speed. That's definitely good and sort of reminds me of Doug Martin (when he wasn't taking a season off).

What he does not have is a great short term burst or much elusiveness. I think what they liked about this guy is that he has an all around skill set to be an every down back, rather then just having a particular skill set, and being a one-trick pony. It's still an underwhelming pick considering that the goal was to get a true difference maker at the position. I think, at best, we got a 1B.

Not unhappy about the player. I just think we were in somewhat of a panicked state to make that pick where we did. It's weird how literally nobody is making trades except for NE. I really think trading around a bit could have been advantageous for us yesterday.

I personally had Darrynton Evans as my top back on the board when we were up (aside from Z. Moss of course). Evans ended up going about 15 picks later. I still think there could be an opportunity to add another pass-catching back before the draft is over. JJ Taylor is probably the guy that stands out the most, but I guess it depends on how the draft falls. We have bigger needs with the 5th round pick, but maybe in rounds 6 or 7.

Quote Originally Posted by 5surretts View Post
    Winfield is more than ok, everyone and I mean everyone has raved about the pick. Heís smart, he intercepts the ball, evidenced by his 7 interceptions last year. Heís a leader in the secondary which is what we needed because after Devin White and David we have no leaders in our secondary.
    Winfield is a really good addition. I loved listening to his interview yesterday. Seems like a really smart and highly motivated kid. I don't think Bwall is against the player, just the fact that picking him led to us missing out on a more impactful RB.

Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    Winfield is a really good addition. I loved listening to his interview yesterday. Seems like a really smart and highly motivated kid. I don't think Bwall is against the player, just the fact that picking him led to us missing out on a more impactful RB.
    But if we pick a RB we miss out on him. Itís kind of a damned if you do damned if you donít moment. Our secondary was a big question mark and he shores it up. Iím pretty sure they believe they can get a quality vet at RB after the draft

Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    I mean, at this point if we were to get him it would be in the 5th round or later. I'm not sure what better you would expect to get in a 5th round QB prospect. He is a fit in the offense. It does not matter to me if he got passed up by Fromm a few years ago. J. Burrow was not good until this year and was also replaced. It's just not that big of a knock in my mind.
    Teams view Eason as lazy. Iíd really take Fromm over Eason lol

Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast