Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    I don't like Hurts at all but do think we should draft a QB at some point in this draft. I'm all aboard the Kinlaw bandwagon at 14, if we can resign Suh and roll Kinlaw, Vita, and Suh on the same Dline that would be nasty. This draft is very deep at RB which is nice.
    There are lots of players I like and needs I would love to see addressed.

I think Kinlaw is a good player, a first round pick, I dont view as a Top 15 pick. I view that as a slight reach, which to fill a major hole can make sense. IDL is not a major hole with Vea, Gholston and great run defense.

With a high pick investment in Vea, who is suppose to anchor our DL, why would we have to ignore other positions to invest in there again? EDGE is a much bigger need, OT is probably our biggest need, S is a major issue for us and RB, OG are bigger issues than IDL.

Kinlaw at 14 is much different than a monster like Derrick Brown somehow falling.i see guys like Wirfs, Wells, Epenesa, Delpit and Gross-Matos as more likely options.

If we are going to pick a non need that high, I dont think we should, it should be WR. This is the best WR class since 2014. Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs and Higgins are all Top 15 players in my book. We have the best 1-2 at WR in the league, add one of those guys and you have one of the best WR cores in NFL history, no ********.

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    I disagree on Fromm, who is the worst of a luke warm bunch of 2nd tier QBs. Love and Eason have question marks and I am not a fan of any of these guys after Burrow, Tua and Herbert but Love and Eason are both ahead of Fromm.

1-2 in SEC Championships, 0-1 in NCAA championships
    0-2 vs LSU, 0-2 vs Alabama

Georgia would have been better with Fields or Eason.

Weak arm, limited athleticism. Labeled accurate but was under 50% comp. In 5 straight games this year before Bowl game. Pads his stats against Georgia Tech, Murray State, Tennessee, Massachusetts, etc.
    Basically the same scouting report on Brady coming out. Put him in the right offense, has basically Garoppolo. He's got mad accuracy. Not a fit for us though.

I do think Eason is worth our 2nd round pick though. Lots of upside. Give him to the dude that knows how to mold QB's. He fits the mold for our offense ideally. Herbert does too, but we would have to take him at #14, if he is even there then. I'd rather take O-line and draft Eason in the 2nd and let him sit a year

By the way, watching Kirk Cousins tonight made me appreciate Jameis a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    I do think Eason is worth our 2nd round pick though. Lots of upside. Give him to the dude that knows how to mold QB's. He fits the mold for our offense ideally. Herbert does too, but we would have to take him at #14, if he is even there then. I'd rather take O-line and draft Eason in the 2nd and let him sit a year
    If I'm the Bucs, I'm targeting OT, EDGE and RB in the first 3 rounds but considering a S, IDL or OG if the right opportunity presents itself. Target a backup QB in middle rounds.

This RB class is very good at the top. I would be very surprised if we dont take a RB in Round 2 or 3. Etienne, Swift, Taylor, Dobbins, Akers and Dillon are all legit options in my book.

I am super high on AJ Dillon, that blend of size, power and speed is extremely rare and dangerous if used correctly. Reminds me of Brandon Jacobs and Mike Alstott. The rest of those backs are great too, especially Etienne and Swift.

I responded to your statement. I wouldn't take him outside of a 6th/7th round flier, which he is likely gone by then. I'm not even sure I would take him then.

First off Taysom Hill roles and players dont grow on trees.

The Saints believe Hill is a competent backup QB. I dont believe Hurts is a competent NFL Quarterback and I have watched a lot of him. Doesn't make me correct but that is my opinion on him.

I swear I read somewhere that he does not want to change positions. Hill was willing, Jaxkson was not. There are multiple players with success and failure on both sides.

I dont see Hurts as an option here. If you do draft him here you are saying he is the backup QB and you believe he can be a starter if injury or something occurs, or you are saying we dont need a backup QB and can instead go with a gadget player.
    Its perfectly fine if you don't see him as a competent QB, thats a legitimate criticism of him that I also share. As for Hurts not willing to change positions then I don't know what the hell is wrong with him. He likely won't be a starter at QB in the NFL, so why not get on the field and play some hybrid position.

If we draft him I want to use him as a gadget player and gadget player alone. I think he can play QB(not on all downs), RB, and WR.

I think you completely understand what I was getting at unlike a lot of the others who thought I wanted Hurts to be the long term starter at QB.

Hurts can come in as an emergency QB for Jameis if he gets injured in a game. Hurts just provides a lot of flexibility in terms of personnel if used correctly
    Last edited by Strategist; 01-12-2020 at 12:09 AM.

If I'm the Bucs, I'm targeting OT, EDGE and RB in the first 3 rounds but considering a S, IDL or OG if the right opportunity presents itself. Target a backup QB in middle rounds.

This RB class is very good at the top. I would be very surprised if we dont take a RB in Round 2 or 3. Etienne, Swift, Taylor, Dobbins, Akers and Dillon are all legit options in my book.

I am super high on AJ Dillon, that blend of size, power and speed is extremely rare and dangerous if used correctly. Reminds me of Brandon Jacobs and Mike Alstott. The rest of those backs are great too, especially Etienne and Swift.
    There are backs I like too for us. Swift, Moss, Dobbins, Akers, Perine, and Benjamin.

If the rumors are true, and they want a back that can make an impact as a reciever, K. Hunt, Ekeler, M. Gordon, K. Drake, C. Thompson, and T. Riddick are all FA options as well.

Point is if they want to address that position, there will be lots and lots of opportunities to do so.i still think you take a QB in 1 or 2. You have one of the most well known QB molder in the game, on your payroll. You don't waste the opportunity.

I agree with your positions of focus though.
    Last edited by aecon13; 01-13-2020 at 09:21 AM.

I think Kinlaw is a good player, a first round pick, I dont view as a Top 15 pick. I view that as a slight reach, which to fill a major hole can make sense. IDL is not a major hole with Vea, Gholston and great run defense.

With a high pick investment in Vea, who is suppose to anchor our DL, why would we have to ignore other positions to invest in there again? EDGE is a much bigger need, OT is probably our biggest need, S is a major issue for us and RB, OG are bigger issues than IDL.

Kinlaw at 14 is much different than a monster like Derrick Brown somehow falling.i see guys like Wirfs, Wells, Epenesa, Delpit and Gross-Matos as more likely options.

If we are going to pick a non need that high, I dont think we should, it should be WR. This is the best WR class since 2014. Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs and Higgins are all Top 15 players in my book. We have the best 1-2 at WR in the league, add one of those guys and you have one of the best WR cores in NFL history, no ********.
    Admittedly I did forget about Espenesa I think he would would be a great addition to our Dline. I have seen some mocks have us taking Derrick Brown which would be awesome. Brown, Espenesa, and Kinlaw are all my top 3 options I would like. Gross-Matos most likely at 4.

I could see us taking a flier on David Johnson since he had such success under Arians and seems to be on the outs in Arizona. How do people think the Oline draft class is? Haven't done much research myself but from what I've seen there are some decent players but its not very deep. I would prefer to draft Oline since we have to resign so many people and have already sunk a lot of money into the Oline. Unless we truly think we could get Jack Conklin.

Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    Admittedly I did forget about Espenesa I think he would would be a great addition to our Dline. I have seen some mocks have us taking Derrick Brown which would be awesome. Brown, Espenesa, and Kinlaw are all my top 3 options I would like. Gross-Matos most likely at 4.

I could see us taking a flier on David Johnson since he had such success under Arians and seems to be on the outs in Arizona. How do people think the Oline draft class is? Haven't done much research myself but from what I've seen there are some decent players but its not very deep. I would prefer to draft Oline since we have to resign so many people and have already sunk a lot of money into the Oline. Unless we truly think we could get Jack Conklin.
    Outside of T. Wirfs, I think the better fits for us are in the 2nd round. A. Thomas and J. Willis are the other 2 guys that are expected to be top 20 picks. If you read their scouting reports, it is suggested that neither of these 2 guys are a fit in an offense that needs to give their QB much time to throw the ball, and let's face it, out offense requires more time to throw then any other offense in the league, especially in Jameis returns.

T. Wifts would be our best bet. Otherwise, I think Austin Jackson, Prince Tea-Wangho, Josh Jones, and Lucas Niag are all good value for us in the 2nd round. I know it's not always going to be a prefect fit, but keep in mind that we are running a lot of Zone blcoking schemes as oppose to gap/man-schemes. So ideally, we would want athletic tackles that can give Jameis time to throw, and also make plays blocking at the 2nd level.

To me D-Line and Edge rusher are at the exact same place on our needs list. JPP and Suh are both FA's (i'm assuming Barrett is back no matter what). If either guy does not get re-signed then their position immediately becomes a major need. If both are re-signed, then neither spot is an immediate need, but a BPA could still be in play as a long-term replacement. Kinslaw and Gross-Matos both belong somewhere between 15-25, but could be in play if we get unlucky. T. Wirf, G. Delpit, AJ. Espenesa, Justin Herbert are the primary targets at 14 in my mind. Derrick Brown would probably be the best case scenario.

There are backs I like too for us. Swift, Moss, Dobbins, Akers, Perine, and Benjamin.

If the rumors are true, and they want a back that can make an impact as a reciever, K. Hunt, Ekeler, M. Gordon, K. Drake, C. Thompson, and T. Riddick are all FA options as well.

Point is if they want to address that position, there will be lots and lots of opportunities to do so.i still think you take a QB in 1 or 2. You have one of the most well known QB molder in the game, on your payroll. You don't waste the opportunity.

I agree with your positions of focus though.
    This is the 3rd time I've tried to write this post, accidentally deleted twice so may not be as detailed but can elaborate if needed.

The main thing we have to go off is Bruce 5 years as HC in AZ. He drafted one QB in the 4th round, that's it. He kept Lindley who was there when he got there, I believe an UDFA. Traded for an aging Palmer with an injury history for cheap, 6th and 7th for Palmer and a 7th. Signed Drew Stanton as a backup and later signed Ganbert as a backup.

I think this shows he prefers veteran starter but is willing to take a good value pick in draft, likes guys like Stanton or Ganbert as cheap backups who have failed elsewhere but have tools to play if needed.

To me D-Line and Edge rusher are at the exact same place on our needs list. JPP and Suh are both FA's (i'm assuming Barrett is back no matter what). If either guy does not get re-signed then their position immediately becomes a major need. If both are re-signed, then neither spot is an immediate need, but a BPA could still be in play as a long-term replacement. Kinslaw and Gross-Matos both belong somewhere between 15-25, but could be in play if we get unlucky. T. Wirf, G. Delpit, AJ. Espenesa, Justin Herbert are the primary targets at 14 in my mind. Derrick Brown would probably be the best case scenario.
    My guess is that JPP and Barrett are both back and Suh is not. We have guys on the DL and they are easier to find, 1st round stud in Vea, competent run stuffer like Gholston, guys like Nacho, etc. Our cupboards are bare at EDGE rusher after Barrett and JPP, JPP is older, Shaq has only had one good year. Not easy or cheap to find pass rushers outside of the draft. The best defensive teams in the league frequently draft pass rushers to keep a rotation of talented players coming after opposing QBs.

Even if the need is similar you would prefer to address the premium position more.

I would take Derrick Brown over any EDGE in this class besides Chase Young. I dont think Brown will get close to 14 but if he does you jump fast. That is due to him being an exceptional talent, better than Vea as a prospect in my opinion.

Lots of options and wouldn't be mad at most of the non-QB things mentioned but we need to maximize these picks and make a playoff push now.

My big board for us in Round 1
    1. Joe Burrow QB LSU - Gone by 14
    2. Chase Young EDGE Ohio State - Gone by 14
    3. Tua Tagovailoa QB Alabama
    4. Jerry Jeudy WR Alabama - Gone by 14
    5. Andrew Thomas OT Georgia
    6. Jeffrey Okudah CB Ohio State - Gone by 14
    7. Derrick Brown DT Auburn
    8. Tristan Wirfs OT Iowa
    9. AJ Epenesa EDGE Iowa
    10. Grant Delpit S LSU
    11. Isaiah Simmons Hybrid Clemson
    12. Jerick Wills OT Alabama
    13. Yatur Gross-Matos EDGE Penn State
    14. CeeDee Lamb WR Oklahoma
    15. Javon Kinlaw DL South Carolina
    16. K'Lavon Chaisson EDGE LSU

A little iffy on order if 13-16 but will shake out and hope for a player in my Top 12 anyway.

The greatness of Jeudy, Okudah and Lamb should have them on every board but our lack of need has them where they are on my list.

Not against Burrow or Tua but Burrow is going #1 and Tua I believe goes Top 5. If Tua is at 14, I take him with or without Jameis, even if we signed Jameis to a 5 year deal. Then we have 2 great QBs and can eventually trade one down the road.

Simmons is a hybrid so it all depends if Bowles sees a role for him, I'd bet a lot of money Bowles loves the kid, many others too, though that isnt enough to make him a Buc. Could play S primarily with ability to play LB and CB in sub packages to cover, blitz, disguise plays. There is an argument his versatility should have him over Delpit, and it's not crazy.

Thomas, Wirfs and Wills would all help us in the short and long term on our OL, either on the left or right.

Epenesa is not a huge athletic freak like Young but he is stout, a good pass rusher, strong and technical. Think he helps any team he is on.

Apparent "buzz" of signing Rivers and drafting Eason from JC Cornell is in the air......

My big board for us in Round 1
    1. Joe Burrow QB LSU - Gone by 14
    2. Chase Young EDGE Ohio State - Gone by 14
    3. Tua Tagovailoa QB Alabama
    4. Jerry Jeudy WR Alabama - Gone by 14
    5. Andrew Thomas OT Georgia
    6. Jeffrey Okudah CB Ohio State - Gone by 14
    7. Derrick Brown DT Auburn
    8. Tristan Wirfs OT Iowa
    9. AJ Epenesa EDGE Iowa
    10. Grant Delpit S LSU
    11. Isaiah Simmons Hybrid Clemson
    12. Jerick Wills OT Alabama
    13. Yatur Gross-Matos EDGE Penn State
    14. CeeDee Lamb WR Oklahoma
    15. Javon Kinlaw DL South Carolina
    16. K'Lavon Chaisson EDGE LSU

A little iffy on order if 13-16 but will shake out and hope for a player in my Top 12 anyway.

The greatness of Jeudy, Okudah and Lamb should have them on every board but our lack of need has them where they are on my list.

Not against Burrow or Tua but Burrow is going #1 and Tua I believe goes Top 5. If Tua is at 14, I take him with or without Jameis, even if we signed Jameis to a 5 year deal. Then we have 2 great QBs and can eventually trade one down the road.

Simmons is a hybrid so it all depends if Bowles sees a role for him, I'd bet a lot of money Bowles loves the kid, many others too, though that isnt enough to make him a Buc. Could play S primarily with ability to play LB and CB in sub packages to cover, blitz, disguise plays. There is an argument his versatility should have him over Delpit, and it's not crazy.

Thomas, Wirfs and Wills would all help us in the short and long term on our OL, either on the left or right.

Epenesa is not a huge athletic freak like Young but he is stout, a good pass rusher, strong and technical. Think he helps any team he is on.
    We are not too far off here. I am just not including the WR's, as I see no chance of drafting one. If one of those Receivers are BPA at #14, we trade down. I also included the QB's on a separate list because it does not matter where they rank on the board. If they want a QB and he is there, they will take him.

1. C. Young
    2. Derrick Brown
    3. Tristian Wirfs
    4. J. Okudah
    5. AJ Espensea
    6. Grant Delpit
    7. I. Simmons
    8. K. Chaisson
    9. J. Kinslaw
    10. Andrew Thomas
    11. Y. Gross-Matos

QB's"