Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    It was Mark Cook. I done believe any of these one off reports. Bridgewater makes no sense in the BA offense. Enough reports about how Jameis is still an option to question Peter King. There is almost an article that we are interested and not interested in every QB. A lot of smoke and mirrors.

Licht seems to clearly be ****ing this up like almost everything else he has done for 6 years. Seems like a real clown show.
    Peter King is full of crap 99% of the time and the other 1% hes asleep. As far as Licht messing this up, hes in a tough spot. How can he justify signing a player that lead the league in interceptions at 20-25 million a year

Current rankings for who I want at QB next year:
    1. Winston @ under 30 million for 2 years
    2. Brady
    3. Winston franchised or big contract
    4. Rivers
    5. Carr/Bridgewater
    6. Tannehill

Would like to see how you guys would rank our choices as well
    Last edited by Strategist; 03-05-2020 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strategist View Post
    2. Brady
    4. Rivers
    5. Carr/Bridgewater
    6. Tannehill

I can't really find much fault with it. I don't want it to come down to 4-6 but if I had a gun to my head Rivers fits better than those other 3. Probably should've included some rookies in there, at least 4 rookies I'd have ahead of Carr and Tannehill. Burrow and Tua are unrealistic but would be near top of list. Also Dak is technically a free agent as well, his age and athleticism probably makes him the best vet for us outside of Jameis, though it is extremely likely he is tagged.

Quote Originally Posted by Strategist View Post
    2. Brady
    4. Rivers
    5. Carr/Bridgewater
    6. Tannehill

My list:
    1. Joe Burrow
    2. Matt Stafford
    3. Winston
    4. Dak Prescott
    5. J. Herbert
    6. Tom Brady
    7. Tua
    8. Teddy B
    9. Anyone else would have to have Jordan Love or Jacob Eason waiting behind them

Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    My list:
    1. Joe Burrow
    2. Matt Stafford
    3. Winston
    4. Dak Prescott
    5. J. Herbert
    6. Tom Brady
    7. Tua
    8. Teddy B
    9. Anyone else would have to have Jordan Love or Jacob Eason waiting behind them
    Will never understand your love of Stafford, middle of the pack, aging vet with injury concerns.

I vehemently disagree with whatever has Tua 7th on your list and behind Herbert.

I'd take Burrow or Tua over any of those guys straight up, I just dont want to pay the price to go up and get them.

Apparently we are going all in on Tom Brady 👀

Will never understand your love of Stafford, middle of the pack, aging vet with injury concerns.

I vehemently disagree with whatever has Tua 7th on your list and behind Herbert.

I'd take Burrow or Tua over any of those guys straight up, I just dont want to pay the price to go up and get them.
    First and foremost, all people are aging. Stafford is 32 years old, which makes him a year older then Russell Wilson (who is the best QB in the league), 4 years younger then Aaron Rogers, 9 years younger then Drew Brees, 6 years younger then Phillip Rovers, and 10 years younger then Tom Brady. Not to mention, 1 year younger then Carson Palmer was when he arrived in Arizona!

He has the arm strength to execute the offense, and the career TD/INT ratio to match Winston's TD's and cut in half his interceptions.

I already acknowledged that injuries are a concern. The only concern for that matter!

I don't like Herbert better then Tua. i just acknowledge that Tua is not a good fit in our offense. Herbert's ceiling is higher in Tampa. You could actually even make the case that Love's ceiling is higher then Tua's in Tampa. I just simply would not feel comfortable handing Love the keys to the 2020 season when we have a roster that is ready to compete now
    Last edited by aecon13; 03-12-2020 at 02:23 PM.

First and foremost, all people are aging. Stafford is 32 years old, which makes him a year older then Russell Wilson (who is the best QB in the league), 4 years younger then Aaron Rogers, 9 years younger then Drew Brees, 6 years younger then Phillip Rovers, and 10 years younger then Tom Brady. Not to mention, 1 year younger then Carson Palmer was when he arrived in Arizona!

He has the arm strength to execute the offense, and the career TD/INT ratio to match Winston's TD's and cut in half his interceptions.

I already acknowledged that injuries are a concern. The only concern for that matter!

I don't like Herbert better then Tua. i just acknowledge that Tua is not a good fit in our offense. Herbert's ceiling is higher in Tampa. You could actually even make the case that Love's ceiling is higher then Tua's in Tampa. I just simply would not feel comfortable handing Love the keys to the 2020 season when we have a roster that is ready to compete now
    4 SB winning QBs, 57 career playoff wins, 8 SB titles, 11 SB Appearances
    And Philip Rivers who has 5 playoff wins.

Stafford has 0 playoff wins, not sure he should be compared in any way to those guys.

Also 4 of those 5 guys have lost something off what they used to be. I dont want to give up picks to pay an oft-injured QB who never won a playoff game while he declines.

4 SB winning QBs, 57 career playoff wins, 8 SB titles, 11 SB Appearances
    And Philip Rivers who has 5 playoff wins.

Stafford has 0 playoff wins, not sure he should be compared in any way to those guys.

Also 4 of those 5 guys have lost something off what they used to be. I dont want to give up picks to pay an oft-injured QB who never won a playoff game while he declines.
    Drew Brees and Carson Palmer also each had zero playoff wins until the right coach got their hands on them. I don't think a Matt Stafford trade is likely at this point, but I'm not going to change my mind about him being the best case scenario for us this season

Drew Brees and Carson Palmer also each had zero playoff wins until the right coach got their hands on them. I don't think a Matt Stafford trade is likely at this point, but I'm not going to change my mind about him being the best case scenario for us this season
    Career Records:

Drew Brees: 163-111
    Carson Palmer: 92-88-1
    Tom Brady: 219-64
    Philip Rivers:123-101
    Dak Prescott: 40-24
    Teddy Bridgewater: 22-12

Matthew Stafford: 69-79-1

All I want and I would hope all our fans want is to WIN. I don't care how. I don't care at this point who the QB so much as whoever is going to lead us to the playoffs and hopefully a Superbowl. I want to WIN!

In that case, all the Quarterbacks listed above have been proven winners. The only guy who hasn't is Matthew Stafford. It would be an absolute nightmare to bring in a loser like Stafford and expect anything else.

No thanks.

Dont get me wrong. If Stafford was a free agent, I would sign him over Rivers, Bridgewater or Tannehill.

I am not for trading for him, picks plus money is a terrible deal.

Either get Brady, who is an aging, declining version of the greater QB of all time.

Or bring back Jameis.

I will write a post later about Licht and my worries but they need to be lightning fast and keyed in to what is happening. If Brady is going back to NE or to Tennessee they cannot be caught off guard. As soon as it is clear he is not coming here they have to move. Unfortunately that takes away all of our leverage in negotiations but this is what they've chosen to do.

Dont get me wrong. If Stafford was a free agent, I would sign him over Rivers, Bridgewater or Tannehill.

I am not for trading for him, picks plus money is a terrible deal.

Either get Brady, who is an aging, declining version of the greater QB of all time.

Or bring back Jameis.

I will write a post later about Licht and my worries but they need to be lightning fast and keyed in to what is happening. If Brady is going back to NE or to Tennessee they cannot be caught off guard. As soon as it is clear he is not coming here they have to move. Unfortunately that takes away all of our leverage in negotiations but this is what they've chosen to do.

I don't think anyone can really be lightning fast. The coronavirus has really messed things up. With travel limited, I expect the NFL FA to be on pause as well, as in order to make a decision on Free Agency as a player, a huge part of making that decision is visiting each of the teams Facilities, being wowed by the coaches, GM's, usually a video to entice that Free Agent as to why they should sign with that specific Organization. If I am Brady and I have played my whole career in New England but am unable to travel to potential Free Agent destinations I am not gonna sign and move my family to a place you haven't visited and seriously considering moving with your family permanently would be out of the question.

I am not sure if FA will actually be suspended or put on pause but I know that limited to no travel will definitely change the perspective of various Free Agents.

Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    I don't think anyone can really be lightning fast. The coronavirus has really messed things up. With travel limited, I expect the NFL FA to be on pause as well, as in order to make a decision on Free Agency as a player, a huge part of making that decision is visiting each of the teams Facilities, being wowed by the coaches, GM's, usually a video to entice that Free Agent as to why they should sign with that specific Organization. If I am Brady and I have played my whole career in New England but am unable to travel to potential Free Agent destinations I am not gonna sign and move my family to a place you haven't visited and seriously considering moving with your family permanently would be out of the question.

I am not sure if FA will actually be suspended or put on pause but I know that limited to no travel will definitely change the perspective of various Free Agents.
    I don't what they will or won't do about coronavirus. There are issues with status quo and there are logistical and player safety concerns with pushing it down the road it seems foolish for me to guess what they will do, I have to go off what we have now.

CBA vote ends tomorrow, tags due by Monday, Free Agency starts Wednesday is how I understand it?

In a situation as chaotic and fluid as you detail, why the hell are they not rolling with our guy and building on what we have instead of playing for a hail mary to get Brady?

That gets me to a bigger point I have been hinting at and thinking about for some time and it horrifies me.

Jason Licht is running this show. Jason Licht is playing chicken with the QB position. Our front 7 is a disaster without having anyone back, and Jason Licht is in charge. We may be completely ****ed.

This man has ****ed up multiple drafts and almost every FA class he has ever had. Why do we have faith he can get this offseason right? And they essentially have left themselves no room for error.

They say they want to keep the defense together and "supposedly"(may just be smoke) prioritize that over the QB decision. Yet they have not re-signed a single defensive player. You couldn't work a deal out with Barrett, Pierre-Paul or Suh (If we actually want Suh back) yet? They can only tag one. 3 of the other 4 big free agents (including Winston) will hit the open market, making it harder to re-sign them. Again and this is the clown running it.

Let me give you 2 nightmare scenarios which could play out individually or together.

Scenario #1: QB Chaos

Let's say they take a shot st Brady (or anyone else) and are left waiting for a decision while all other options go else where and then lose out on that target.

For instance, we wait for Brady, Rivers to Indy, Tannehill back to Tennessee, Winston to Chicago, Teddy to Miami and Brady ends up returning to NE. ****! Now we have to either be desperate in the draft and/or trade for trash like Carr or Dalton. Many different versions of this that end up bad.

Scenario 2: Defense
    Assuming they tag Shaq because they were incapable of getting a long term deal that both sides want, thus not having our franchise tag for Winston which we could rescind if we got Brady. So Shaq is back. The other 2 walk in free agency, as does Nassib. Licht now is desperate to build a starting front 7 that is competent, not to mention depth. We have to over spend on FAs AGAIN and/or force draft picks AGAIN.

It's not hard to imagine the defense with new pieces who may or may not be less talented struggling. A bad FA signing or two, Shaq being a one year wonder who struggles to repeat and you are looking at a trash defense that will have Brady, Winston or any other QB sitting home in January.

Let both these things come true and we may be fighting the Jets for Trevor Lawrence. Licht is like a gambler who consistently loses money, mismanages a decent hand but acts like he has all Aces.

I'm not saying this **** cant go right and turn out good, bring good D pieces back, improve around them, build with Winston or get enough out of Brady with our weapons to be a threat/contender......but to date we have not been given any reason, through actions or statements, to think this will end well other than just being optimistic fans.

^In that situation, we could just trade for Stafford and return to the playoffs for the first time since 2007 lol. No, in all sincerity, I'm nit sure what the plan is. More then anything, I really do not understand why S. Barrett has not been taken care of yet. He has publicly stated that he would be fine with the Tag. So either sign him, or tag him, but do not let him hit the open market. That should be a no brianer.

I don't what they will or won't do about coronavirus. There are issues with status quo and there are logistical and player safety concerns with pushing it down the road it seems foolish for me to guess what they will do, I have to go off what we have now.

CBA vote ends tomorrow, tags due by Monday, Free Agency starts Wednesday is how I understand it?

In a situation as chaotic and fluid as you detail, why the hell are they not rolling with our guy and building on what we have instead of playing for a hail mary to get Brady?

That gets me to a bigger point I have been hinting at and thinking about for some time and it horrifies me.

Jason Licht is running this show. Jason Licht is playing chicken with the QB position. Our front 7 is a disaster without having anyone back, and Jason Licht is in charge. We may be completely ****ed.

This man has ****ed up multiple drafts and almost every FA class he has ever had. Why do we have faith he can get this offseason right? And they essentially have left themselves no room for error.

They say they want to keep the defense together and "supposedly"(may just be smoke) prioritize that over the QB decision. Yet they have not re-signed a single defensive player. You couldn't work a deal out with Barrett, Pierre-Paul or Suh (If we actually want Suh back) yet? They can only tag one. 3 of the other 4 big free agents (including Winston) will hit the open market, making it harder to re-sign them. Again and this is the clown running it.

Let me give you 2 nightmare scenarios which could play out individually or together.

Scenario #1: QB Chaos

Let's say they take a shot st Brady (or anyone else) and are left waiting for a decision while all other options go else where and then lose out on that target.

For instance, we wait for Brady, Rivers to Indy, Tannehill back to Tennessee, Winston to Chicago, Teddy to Miami and Brady ends up returning to NE. ****! Now we have to either be desperate in the draft and/or trade for trash like Carr or Dalton. Many different versions of this that end up bad.

Scenario 2: Defense
    Assuming they tag Shaq because they were incapable of getting a long term deal that both sides want, thus not having our franchise tag for Winston which we could rescind if we got Brady. So Shaq is back. The other 2 walk in free agency, as does Nassib. Licht now is desperate to build a starting front 7 that is competent, not to mention depth. We have to over spend on FAs AGAIN and/or force draft picks AGAIN.

It's not hard to imagine the defense with new pieces who may or may not be less talented struggling. A bad FA signing or two, Shaq being a one year wonder who struggles to repeat and you are looking at a trash defense that will have Brady, Winston or any other QB sitting home in January.

Let both these things come true and we may be fighting the Jets for Trevor Lawrence. Licht is like a gambler who consistently loses money, mismanages a decent hand but acts like he has all Aces.

I'm not saying this **** cant go right and turn out good, bring good D pieces back, improve around them, build with Winston or get enough out of Brady with our weapons to be a threat/contender......but to date we have not been given any reason, through actions or statements, to think this will end well other than just being optimistic fans.
    Teams have been hesitant to sign their own free agents due to the new CBA and what will happen with it. Now that teams know what they have to work with I expect a flurry of resignings to happen

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast