Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Official 2020 Buccaneers Draft Thread

Draft Thread
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]

Obviously extremely early. But based on needs and wants here is my way too early 2020 NFL Mock Draft.

Round 1 - Tristan Wirfs (OT) Iowa
    Round 2 - Travis Etienne (RB) Clemson
    Round 3 - Jalen Hurts (QB) Oklahoma
    Round 4 - Alton Robinson (Edge) Syracuse
    Round 5 - TJ McCoy (C) Louisville
    Round 6 - Davon Hamilton (DT) Ohio State

1. Alex Leatherwood, OT, Alabama
    2. Jacob Eason, QB, Washington
    3. JK Dobins, Ohio St/Zach Moss, Utah/C. Akers, FSU, RB
    4. Marlon Davidson, D-Line, Auburn
    5. Daryl Williams, G/C, Miss St.
    6. Shyheim Carter, S/CB, Alabama

A big issue about this draft for me is that it is very weak at QB IMO so it forces our hand with Winston. Love-don't get the hype, Eason-never impressed me at Georgia or Washington, Fromm-I quesition if he has the arm for the NFL it definitely isn't Winstons, Hurts-not a big fan of at all, to me he's nowhere near the passer of Baker/Kyler and that LSU game was a joke. I'm sure as the process goes along one or two might impress but as of now should we really use a 2nd/3rd on a weak QB class?

Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    A big issue about this draft for me is that it is very weak at QB IMO so it forces our hand with Winston. Love-don't get the hype, Eason-never impressed me at Georgia or Washington, Fromm-I quesition if he has the arm for the NFL it definitely isn't Winstons, Hurts-not a big fan of at all, to me he's nowhere near the passer of Baker/Kyler and that LSU game was a joke. I'm sure as the process goes along one or two might impress but as of now should we really use a 2nd/3rd on a weak QB class?
    It's your opinion, but most people do not consider this to be a weak QB class at all. Either way, I think the best idea is to draft and develop a guy while Winston holds down starting role in 2020. Jacob Eason and Justin Herbert are the 2 guys that have the best skill set to run our offense. I'm not a big fan of Herbert personally, but I do expect that we draft one of those two guys in the first or second round

Unfortunately the tackle that I wanted, decided to go back to school

Most likely targets at #14

Tristan Wirfs, OT
    AJ Espensea, D Line
    J. Kinslaw, D Line
    Grant Delpit, S
    J. Herbert, QB
    J. Eason, QB

Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    Unfortunately the tackle that I wanted, decided to go back to school
    T. Wirfs could be in play, but now that Alex Leatherwood has decided to go back to school, I believe the OT's that will fit our scheme the best are more 2nd round prospects. Prince Tega-Wanogho, L. Niag, Austin Jackson

If Hurts is available in the 3rd round I think we should take him. He can easily play a Taysom Hill role in our offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Strategist View Post
    If Hurts is available in the 3rd round I think we should take him. He can easily play a Taysom Hill role in our offense.
    I have 0 interest in Hurts unless it was a 6th or 7th round flyer and probably not then either.

I watched a lot of him at Alabama and multiple games this year. I don't think he can play QB in the NFL, not sure how he would translate to RB/TE and my understanding is he wants to be a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    I have 0 interest in Hurts unless it was a 6th or 7th round flyer and probably not then either.

I watched a lot of him at Alabama and multiple games this year. I don't think he can play QB in the NFL, not sure how he would translate to RB/TE and my understanding is he wants to be a QB.
    I agree here. Not a strong QB peospect, and especially not in our offensive Scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post

This isnít beyond a doubt the funniest statement Iíve ever read. I get youíre scared that the golden child in Winston might be on his way out but to say that is completely ludicrous

Quote Originally Posted by 5surretts View Post
    This isnít beyond a doubt the funniest statement Iíve ever read. I get youíre scared that the golden child in Winston might be on his way out but to say that is completely ludicrous
    How do you figure dude? There have been 1,000 College QBs like this guy in the past. The skill set usually does not translate to the NFL, and it certainly does not translate to a vertical passing offense. Look at the system and look at every QB that Bruce Arians has ever had. They are pocket passers. What have you seen that makes you think that Hurts can be a pocket passer in the NFL? It's one thing to like him as a prospect. it's another to not acknowledge how risky of a prospect he is, and ignore the lack of fit he would have in our offense.

I wouldn't touch him until at least the 5th round as any team. For the Buccaneers, I wouldn't take him at any point in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by 5surretts View Post
    It's not funny at all and it has nothing to do with Winston. I love Jalen Hurts as a college player, great career at Alabama and Oklahoma. He is not an NFL QB. His arm has never been good, it was always secondary to his legs and he succeeded by being a power back who could throw.

Hes a shorter Cam Newton with a lot less arm talent. Honestly I'd compare him to Tebow, a guy who failed to convert to TE and is now playing minor league baseball.

Completely separate discussion is that Winston will either be extended or tagged and if tagged will eventually get an extension though I would not at all be surprised if they move on from or give competition to Gabbert and Griffin while at the same time having another option if things go bad with Jameis.

Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    How do you figure dude? There have been 1,000 College QBs like this guy in the past. The skill set usually does not translate to the NFL, and it certainly does not translate to a vertical passing offense. Look at the system and look at every QB that Bruce Arians has ever had. They are pocket passers. What have you seen that makes you think that Hurts can be a pocket passer in the NFL? It's one thing to like him as a prospect. it's another to not acknowledge how risky of a prospect he is, and ignore the lack of fit he would have in our offense.

I wouldn't touch him until at least the 5th round as any team. For the Buccaneers, I wouldn't take him at any point in the draft.
    He was a pocket passer at Alabama. His deep ball was on display at Oklahoma and so were his legs. Heís an accurate passer evidenced by his low interception numbers. His game has progressed this year and unlike Winston heís coachable.

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast