Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 5surretts View Post
    He was a pocket passer at Alabama. His deep ball was on display at Oklahoma and so were his legs. Heís an accurate passer evidenced by his low interception numbers. His game has progressed this year and unlike Winston heís coachable.
    Going off in a different direction here, but many think that a lot of Winston's mistakes stem from the fact that he is overly coachable, and too often does what his coaches tell him to do, even when the plays called are not there.

I won't argue with you anymore. You can like Hurts if you want. I give give you a 100% guarantee that he will not be drafted here, as he is in no way, shape, or form, a fit in this offense.

Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    Going off in a different direction here, but many think that a lot of Winston's mistakes stem from the fact that he is overly coachable, and too often does what his coaches tell him to do, even when the plays called are not there.

I won't argue with you anymore. You can like Hurts if you want. I give give you a 100% guarantee that he will not be drafted here, as he is in no way, shape, or form, a fit in this offense.
    Iíve never once said I wanted him drafted here Iím just saying heís more of a pocket passer than people give him credit for.
    Also along the lines of overly coachable, I donít doubt that he puts in the film work and studies. The problem is during the games itís like he shuts his brain off and makes stupid decisions. When your head coach says it was a stupid decision then it was a stupid decision

Iíve never once said I wanted him drafted here Iím just saying heís more of a pocket passer than people give him credit for.
    Also along the lines of overly coachable, I donít doubt that he puts in the film work and studies. The problem is during the games itís like he shuts his brain off and makes stupid decisions. When your head coach says it was a stupid decision then it was a stupid decision
    It was somebody else who said it, but you jumped in, and made it look like you were on the "Draft Hurts" train.

It was somebody else who said it, but you jumped in, and made it look like you were on the "Draft Hurts" train.
    Do I think weíre gonna draft a QB? Yes. Do I think itíll be Hurts? Idk. I prefer Burrows out of LSU but hell so does everyone else. If itís Hurts then thatís fine but we do need to draft somebody to push Jameis and to provide a better option at backup should Jameis perform the way I think he will. Which is turnovers and stupid decisions again. A big money contract isnít gonna fix the problems he has and coaching him doesnít seem to be working either

Do I think weíre gonna draft a QB? Yes. Do I think itíll be Hurts? Idk. I prefer Burrows out of LSU but hell so does everyone else. If itís Hurts then thatís fine but we do need to draft somebody to push Jameis and to provide a better option at backup should Jameis perform the way I think he will. Which is turnovers and stupid decisions again. A big money contract isnít gonna fix the problems he has and coaching him doesnít seem to be working either
    I agree. I just think we should draft one that logically fits our system

I don't like Hurts at all but do think we should draft a QB at some point in this draft. I'm all aboard the Kinlaw bandwagon at 14, if we can resign Suh and roll Kinlaw, Vita, and Suh on the same Dline that would be nasty. This draft is very deep at RB which is nice.

What do people really think of Fromm? He seems to be the number 1 love/hate guy that I'm seeing.

Some of you guys have some serious reading comprehension problems.

Not once did I say we should "Draft Hurts to be a starter as a Qb". I want him to play as a jack of all trades player like Taysom Hill so we can keep defenses guessing. When Hill is on the field with Brees it gives the Saints a tactical advantage on every play. I want us to have that.

And as to the whole ******** it doesnt fit our offense, THEN ****ING MAKE IT. The reason why Andy Reid is always in the playoffs is that he adds kinks and adjusts his offense ever year to his players.

Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    What do people really think of Fromm? He seems to be the number 1 love/hate guy that I'm seeing.
    Heís a great leader and he won over a Georgia team that already had a QB in place. He won the starting job over Eason and the team followed him. Heís 6í2Ē which is short by NFL standards and his arm strength is apparently a question but I donít see an issue. Heís extremely accurate and can make any throw that he needs to make. People are gonna look at his body of work this year and say he had a down year. The problem with that statement is he didnít have but one WR the whole year. They had a revolving door at WR and he couldnít build up continuity. However his interceptions were low and he doesnít make stupid decisions with the football.

Quote Originally Posted by Strategist View Post
    Some of you guys have some serious reading comprehension problems.

Not once did I say we should "Draft Hurts to be a starter as a Qb". I want him to play as a jack of all trades player like Taysom Hill so we can keep defenses guessing. When Hill is on the field with Brees it gives the Saints a tactical advantage on every play. I want us to have that.

And as to the whole ******** it doesnt fit our offense, THEN ****ING MAKE IT. The reason why Andy Reid is always in the playoffs is that he adds kinks and adjusts his offense ever year to his players.
    Well first of all, that's not at all what you originally said. If I suggested we should draft a WR, it would be a pretty safe assumption that I was planning on playing him at WR. So pardon me for thinking you expected us to draft a QB to play QB.

As far as fit, I care about fit and you obviously dont, which is fine. We will see what happens. I am confident we will not be wasting a pick on a guy like that
    Last edited by aecon13; 01-10-2020 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    I've liked Fromm from the begining, but again, his skill-set does not transition to what Bruce Arians is trying to do on offense. He can be a good quick-release, short to intermediate route, timing QB, in a West Coast Offense.

Well first of all, that's not at all what you originally said. If I suggested we should draft a WR, it would be a pretty safe assumption that I was planning on playing him at WR. So pardon me for thinking you expected us to draft a QB to play QB.
    Except I did my friend, I literally said "If Hurts is available in the 3rd round I think we should take him. He can easily play a Taysom Hill role in our offense." But I will concede we probably wont pick him. If Jameis is still here in Tampa next year expect no competition for him, Arians will stack it in his favor.

Except I did my friend, I literally said "If Hurts is available in the 3rd round I think we should take him. He can easily play a Taysom Hill role in our offense." But I will concede we probably wont pick him. If Jameis is still here in Tampa next year expect no competition for him, Arians will stack it in his favor.
    I really hope that is not the case. I think Jameis should be back next year, and I also think his back-up plan needs to be drafted as well. However, I would make it very clear to the fan base that the rookie is sitting in year 1 no matter what. Hell, even bring in a vet back-up to be the #2 if need be. If Jameis is going to be intimidated by future competition, then **** em...

I responded to your statement. I wouldn't take him outside of a 6th/7th round flier, which he is likely gone by then. I'm not even sure I would take him then.

First off Taysom Hill roles and players dont grow on trees.

The Saints believe Hill is a competent backup QB. I dont believe Hurts is a competent NFL Quarterback and I have watched a lot of him. Doesn't make me correct but that is my opinion on him.

I swear I read somewhere that he does not want to change positions. Hill was willing, Jaxkson was not. There are multiple players with success and failure on both sides.

I dont see Hurts as an option here. If you do draft him here you are saying he is the backup QB and you believe he can be a starter if injury or something occurs, or you are saying we dont need a backup QB and can instead go with a gadget player.

Heís a great leader and he won over a Georgia team that already had a QB in place. He won the starting job over Eason and the team followed him. Heís 6í2Ē which is short by NFL standards and his arm strength is apparently a question but I donít see an issue. Heís extremely accurate and can make any throw that he needs to make. People are gonna look at his body of work this year and say he had a down year. The problem with that statement is he didnít have but one WR the whole year. They had a revolving door at WR and he couldnít build up continuity. However his interceptions were low and he doesnít make stupid decisions with the football.
    I disagree on Fromm, who is the worst of a luke warm bunch of 2nd tier QBs. Love and Eason have question marks and I am not a fan of any of these guys after Burrow, Tua and Herbert but Love and Eason are both ahead of Fromm.

1-2 in SEC Championships, 0-1 in NCAA championships
    0-2 vs LSU, 0-2 vs Alabama

Georgia would have been better with Fields or Eason.

Weak arm, limited athleticism. Labeled accurate but was under 50% comp. In 5 straight games this year before Bowl game. Pads his stats against Georgia Tech, Murray State, Tennessee, Massachusetts, etc.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast