Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Every team has its price. And I know where he is from and what they need, thanks for reminding me!

Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    Maybe we should go all in and just move up to take Burrow at #1.
    We have been identified as one of the team's talking to Cincy about doing so

If the Bucs did move up for Burrow, I expect them to follow the Rams 2017 model where they spend the Winston money on Free agents, and go all in. Give themselves a 2-3 year window to win SB and then have to rebuild again, but with a QB already in place.

Not typically the model that I would be a fan of, but after not making the playoffs for 13 years, and only a short time ahead with BA as coach, it may not be a bad idea

Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    We have been identified as one of the team's talking to Cincy about doing so
    Source?

If the Bucs did move up for Burrow, I expect them to follow the Rams 2017 model where they spend the Winston money on Free agents, and go all in. Give themselves a 2-3 year window to win SB and then have to rebuild again, but with a QB already in place.

Not typically the model that I would be a fan of, but after not making the playoffs for 13 years, and only a short time ahead with BA as coach, it may not be a bad idea
    With the strifes our defense made at the end of the year and the weapons we have on offense. If we had a QB that didnít give the team free points or give them the ball, and a running game we actually could be in contention. The problem is with rookie QBís it usually takes about 3 years for them to develop. Itíd definitely be a risky move ala Mile Ditka and the Saints and Ricky Williams

Quote Originally Posted by 5surretts View Post
    With the strifes our defense made at the end of the year and the weapons we have on offense. If we had a QB that didnít give the team free points or give them the ball, and a running game we actually could be in contention. The problem is with rookie QBís it usually takes about 3 years for them to develop. Itíd definitely be a risky move ala Mile Ditka and the Saints and Ricky Williams
    https://thespun.com/more/top-stories...rrow-no-1-pick

These days it only take 1 year for rookie QB's to settle in. Goff, Mahomes, Wentz, Wilson, Jackson, etc... All had their teams in position to make significant runs by year 2. This is why I'm hoping whoever we draft sits for a year behind someone established. There is no reason that 2020 can't be a significant season for the Bucs.

Burrow is the only guy that I think would be ready to play year 1

Quote Originally Posted by 5surretts View Post
    This is such a load of ******** and too many fans who feel this way. Good luck using the weapons if you cant get them the ball. Good luck with your defensive strides with an offense that cant score as many points or stay on the field.

Outside of Mahomes, Brees and Wilson there is nobody in the league today who can make all the throws Winston can. That's not calling Winston perfect but he maximizes the potential of guys like Godwin and Evans, who could be absolutely wasted with the wrong QB.

I really sincerely hope that Winston haters dont have to learn the hard way about his value to the franchise

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories...rrow-no-1-pick

These days it only take 1 year for rookie QB's to settle in. Goff, Mahomes, Wentz, Wilson, Jackson, etc... All had their teams in position to make significant runs by year 2. This is why I'm hoping whoever we draft sits for a year behind someone established. There is no reason that 2020 can't be a significant season for the Bucs.

Burrow is the only guy that I think would be ready to play year 1
    Every article and "report" all stems from Dan Sileo, who is not highly respected in these matters. He threw out 5 teams who may/may not need a QB and linked them to interest in Cincinnati pick.

Cincy isn't trading out and we won't even consider putting in an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Every article and "report" all stems from Dan Sileo, who is not highly respected in these matters. He threw out 5 teams who may/may not need a QB and linked them to interest in Cincinnati pick.

Cincy isn't trading out and we won't even consider putting in an offer.
    I'm not convinced of that. Burrow doesn't want to go there and that matters. I wouldn't trade the pick, but it's possible that they could.

I don't know how likely it is that we are in the mix to trade for that pick, but the report is out there, so I shared it.

Jameis has special arm talent. If you think anybody can come in and throw the same yards and TD's, with less INT's just because of the recievers, I think your setting yourself up for disappointment.

As of now, Jameis is still one of our better options for 2020. The question right now is the money. If he still had another year on his rookie deal, I doubt there would even be discussion aside from maybe drafting a QB for future competition.

I think the best move at this point maybe to bring back Jameis on a 2-3 year deal under 30 mil, if he wants more he can **** off then and I would be more than happy finding someone else

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567