Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    Sign me up for Vonn Bell, Suh, Brady. Vet cb and vet rb. Draft Oline DLine Rb.
    V. Bell, Demaryius Randall, or Tre Boston could be good secondary additions

it is a huge mistake not signing Winston. Guy assed for 5,000 yards. Less than 10 people have ever done that. And our kicking game lost as many games as his int's.

Why not keep him and work on the interception problem (maybe beef up the line). Peyton Manning had a similar problem earlier in his career.

I think it would be a lot easier to train someone to cut down on interceptions than to throw for 5,000 yards.

And signing Brady…Brady will have to learn a new system (but he'll do whatever he wants anyway). Then two years (or maybe even one) we'll have another QB learning a new system. Winston already knows the system.

Honest question……say we let Winston go somewhere else. Who gets to a Super Bowl first? Winston or the Bucs, You know it's Winston.

Makes no sense to me giving up on Winston. Work with the guy.

I've loved Winston from Day 1. But you're out to lunch pal. Work with him? We have for 5 years.
    Less then 10 people have thrown for 5000 yards? No one has ever thrown for over 30 Int. And this was in his 5th year, not his 1st. Brady doesn't need to learn a new system.. he will be calling some of his own plays. He is the best QB kind to ever play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    I've loved Winston from Day 1. But you're out to lunch pal. Work with him? We have for 5 years.
    Less then 10 people have thrown for 5000 yards? No one has ever thrown for over 30 Int. And this was in his 5th year, not his 1st. Brady doesn't need to learn a new system.. he will be calling some of his own plays. He is the best QB kind to ever play the game.
    I get your point but Brady is 40+ and is not the future. Why start over…twice. He'll be gone in two years tops.

And you didn't answer the Question so I will re-pose it………

Honest question……say we let Winston go somewhere else. Who gets to a Super Bowl first? Winston or the Bucs,

It's not just sign Brady for 2 years and then no playoffs again for 12 years after. That's extremely short sighted and what just an average fan would suggest. We would obviously draft a QB this year, ex Eason, Love, Fromm etc so that they could learn under the GOAT. Why limit resources. You would want a rookie to see the ins and outs of greatness so they are ready to take over when Brady hangs them up a la Favre to Rodgers.

And that's impossible to guess.

I'm not sure you can win a SB throwing 30 Ints. So I'll say the Bucs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    it is a huge mistake not signing Winston. Guy assed for 5,000 yards. Less than 10 people have ever done that. And our kicking game lost as many games as his int's.

Why not keep him and work on the interception problem (maybe beef up the line). Peyton Manning had a similar problem earlier in his career.

I think it would be a lot easier to train someone to cut down on interceptions than to throw for 5,000 yards.

And signing Brady…Brady will have to learn a new system (but he'll do whatever he wants anyway). Then two years (or maybe even one) we'll have another QB learning a new system. Winston already knows the system.

Honest question……say we let Winston go somewhere else. Who gets to a Super Bowl first? Winston or the Bucs, You know it's Winston.

I share your opinion on Jameis as well but he has to come back on a team friendly deal. His dipshit agent is trying to play harball with us and get Jameis 30+ mil. For that price I'd rather not bring him back and try with Brady.

I've basically been saying this for a while. Winston is a better long term option and Brady is a stop gap.

You also cant really spend a high pick on a QB when you're in win now mode and haven't made playoffs in 10 years.

Panthers looking to trade Cam and interested in Bridgewater.

Not scared of Teddy on the Panthers one bit.

Peyton Manning had that issue the first year of his career. Winston is 5 years in. And your theory about who wins the SB first is crazy. Bucs with Brady are in contending conversation. We don't know how effective Brady would be, but we are definitely in the conversation for contending. There's a good chance Jameis won't even be the starter if you go somewhere else this off-season.

For the record, I agree that it would be easier to cut down on Winston's Int's then to draft a player and expect him to come in and throw 30 TD's. Brady gives us a 1 or 2 year window and then we are looking again. It wouldn't be my Approach, but it does appear to be the approach they're looking to take. I can't lie and say I want to be excited about the potential of a two year window of us at least getting back to the playoffs and making noise
    Last edited by aecon13; 03-17-2020 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strategist View Post
    I share your opinion on Jameis as well but he has to come back on a team friendly deal. His dipshit agent is trying to play harball with us and get Jameis 30+ mil. For that price I'd rather not bring him back and try with Brady.

I honestly have no idea what he is looking for. If he gets $10 mil, that's probably more than he can spend. So $20, mil or $30 mil would make a difference???

I guess so.

I dunno.

More and more rumours here. Is this really.
    gonna happen tomorrow at 4pm?

I know my luck and I know this organization. I won't believe anything until I see Brady on the podium.

Is there anyone that truly doesn't want this? Lol

Bring him in. Don't want to spend too much money on him though. He can groom the heir-apparent too.

Lost Carl Nassib to Oakland. Really wanted him back over Suh.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast