Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Official 2020 Buccaneers Off Season Thread

Anything offseason related, coaching, front office, Shaq Barrett, Jameis, draft, etc.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]

I'll write more specifics later with contracts etc after the Super Bowl. But right now my FA wish list comprises of the following:

S Vonn Bell
    CB Byron Jones, Trae Wayne's or Ronald Darby
    3-4 OLB Shaq Barrett, Jadaveon Clowney or Matthew Judon
    DT Suh, Danny Shelton or Ashawn Robinson
    OL Brandon Scherff or Jack Conklin
    RB Melvin Gordon or Kenyan Drake
    QB Jameis Winston or Teddy Bridgewater

Our free agency should be simple IMO. Bring back Jameis on a 1-2 year deal, tag Barrett and bring back as many on D as possible especially JPP. I don't imagine Nassib coming back but if we can keep Barrett, JPP, Suh I will be happy. Conklin as RT would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    I'll write more specifics later with contracts etc after the Super Bowl. But right now my FA wish list comprises of the following:

S Vonn Bell
    CB Byron Jones, Trae Wayne's or Ronald Darby
    3-4 OLB Shaq Barrett, Jadaveon Clowney or Matthew Judon
    DT Suh, Danny Shelton or Ashawn Robinson
    OL Brandon Scherff or Jack Conklin
    RB Melvin Gordon or Kenyan Drake
    QB Jameis Winston or Teddy Bridgewater
    Teddy B is the only FA QB I would be interested in outside of bringing back Winston.

Byron Jones would be really great, but after hearing BA's end of season PC, I think there is a better chance of them bringing in a S, as they seem pretty satisfied at CB. I think Byron Jones would be a great addition. Maybe Justin Simmons or Anthony Harris.

I think RB and O-line are draft fixes, as we can't really afford much more money on the O-line. I would actually rather Ekeler over Gordon, but I think LA keeps Ekeler. Also, K. Hunt would be good, and I can seem K. Drake as well.
    Last edited by aecon13; 01-06-2020 at 12:40 PM.

Off-season priorities

QB: Re-sign Winston to a short-term, team-friendly deal, or sign Teddy B., plus draft a QB in 1st or 2nd round

Front 7: Re-sign S. Barrett to long term deal. re-sign both JPP and N. Suh to 3-year deals. If we lose JPP, re-sign Nassib or replace with Ngakoue in FA. Be open to taking a long term replacement for Suh in first 3 rounds of the Draft.

Secondary: Drop Ryan Smith. Do not draft any more CB's. Add Byron Jones (CB) or Justin Simmons (FS) in FA. Be willing to drafting Grant Delipt at #14, if hes BPA

RB: Move on from Peyton Barber. Add a pass catching RB in FA or through the Draft- K. Hunt, A. Ekeler, K. Drake, or C. Akers, JK Dobbins, Z. Moss, L. Perine, E. Benjamin.

O-Line- Add interior O-line depth through FA or the draft. Target a new RT in the 1st or 2nd round of the draft. T. Wirfs, Austin Jackson, PT- Wanogho, L. Niag. Josh Jones

Win Championships!!!

We have not really discussed Free agency much. I wanted to share my thoughts on potential targets, although I would be surprised to see us bring in more then 1, (or 2 tops) starting caliber players. The positions that could be addressed (depending on which of our own players we re-sign) are RB, QB, OT, DE, Edge, Secondary.

RB:
    Kareem Hunt - Top choice
    K. Drake
    Melvin Gordon

OT:
    Jake Conklin- Top choice
    Anthony Canstonzo
    Brian Buluga
    Kevin Beachum- Good under the radar option

DE:Should we move on from Suh
    Chris Jones- Probably too expensive
    Leonard Williams- How doe Todd Bowles feel about him?
    Michael Brockers- Top Pick
    Maliek Collins- Good under the radar possibility
    Shelby Harris, A. Armstead, Quinton Jefferson, Christian Covington, Danny Shelton- Guys that would simply fiil the spot, who should be able to at least hold up against the run

Edge: Should we move on from JPP
    D. Fowler
    Bud Dupree
    Kyrell Fackrell- Under the radar and top choice
    Jordan Jenkins- Under the radar and played for Bowles

Secondary:
    Byron Jones- Based on Bruce's comments, it sounds like they will target Safety over Corner, but I have been saying since December, that Byron Jones would be the one free agent signing who could make the most impact for us. He's a perfect fit
    Anthony Harris: Justin Simmons was definitely my top choice here, but unfortunately he was tagged. Not sure if we will go after this big of a name, but Harris would be massive upgrade.
    Jimmie Ward-
    Haha Clinton-Dix-
    Damarius Randall- Under the radar
    Rodney McLeod- A little older, but could work short term
    Tre Boston- Depth player who is not good against the run, but very good in coverage

Glad Aecon brought up FA. I was about to list my thoughts.
    I am not listing specifc Contract terms, but rather who it is and what there 2020 cap hit is.
    Cap Space 90M
    Cut Cam Brate - Cap Space 96M
    Restructure with Jensen from 10M to 8M - Cap Space 98M

Draft -

Round 1 - Andrew Thomas - OT Georgia
    Round 2 - Jacob Eason - QB - Washington
    Round 3 - Cam Akers - RB - Florida State
    Round 4 - Davon Hamilton - NT - Ohio State
    Round 4 - Chauncey Rivers - 3-4 DE - MIss State
    Round 5 - Keith Ismael - C, G - San Diego St
    Round 6 - Austin Mack - WR - Ohio St

Draft Class - 8M
    Cap Space - 90M

Free Agents -
    Chester Rogers - 3M
    Jordan Howard - 3M
    Demar Dotson - 2M
    Suh - 8M
    JPP - 8M
    Waynes - 6M
    Barrett - 15M
    Brady - 32M
    L. Joseph - 5M
    T. Boston - 4M

4M left over for various small additions.

Evans, Rogers, Watson
    Godwin, Miller, Mack
    Howard, Hudson, Auclair
    Jones, Howard, Akers, Ogunbowale
    Brady, Eason, Griffin
    Smith, Thomas, Dotson
    Marpet, Cappa, Bailey
    Jensen, Ismael

Suh, Gholston, Joseph, Rivers
    Vea, Hamilton
    Barrett, JPP, White, David, Nelson, Cichy
    Waynes, Davis, Dean, Bunting, Stewart
    Evans, Boston, Whitehead, Edwards, Dixon

Gay, Pinion
    Last edited by BucsFan47; 03-15-2020 at 12:00 AM.

Cameron Brate has trade value. I hate that Andrew Thomas in now the OT that is getting mocked to us. I think he's way overrated. I would take any if the other 3 OT's if availabke, or wait until the 2nd round to go OT.

I do really like Jacob Eason in round 2 though
    Last edited by aecon13; 03-15-2020 at 12:02 AM.

With that contract, knowing we could cut him with no cap hit? Maybe for a 6th rounder. Regardless in my scenario he is cut allowing us essentially to sign Trae Wayne's, a starting CB opposite of Carlton Davis to firm up our defence. Waynes in my scenario would be much more important then a 2nd TE in Arians Offence. Howard can catch and block. Hudson can receive. Hudson is a slight down grade from Brate IMO for the role he would be in. Also, Winston had a good connection with Brate, Brady could have one with both Howard and Hudson.

Tannehill back to Tennessee on a 4 year 118 million dollar deal.

1. Huge player for Brady out of the mix. NE and TB get most talk out of teams left but Indy, LAC and LV could be in the mix.

2. 4 years 29.5 million per year for a former bust who played well for half a year. Of course Winston is asking for and deserves 30+ million a year.

We do not need a starting CB, especially Byron Jones who is expected go be the highest paid in the league. Davis and Dean start outside and SMB starts inside. We need depth, probably veteran depth, but not a starter. Also Waynes struggled a ton in Minnesota.

I also understand signing Howard or drafting a RB in Round 2-3 like Akers. Both is a waste of resources and talent.

Take that Howard and Waynes money and put it somewhere more useful

If you go after Brady, the best QB of all time and bring him in then its to win a SB. You want to start 2 out of 3 corners that are sophomores that have played 1 good half year of Football of their careers in the best league in the world and be asked to shut down the best receivers in the game in the playoffs when it matters most? Give me a break. I ain't trusting Dean and Bunting, corners who many of you on this forum had nothing but negative things to say about them to help lead our Secondary to a SB. So many of you cut Licht up for those draft choices, "why cant he pick guys who are well known in the draft? Why does Licht have to try and hit home runs on lesser known guys?" And now you trust and want the same guys you cut up to hold up the secondary and win us a superbowl? What a joke.

You need a seasoned vet to help lead this secondary group. That's why I mentioned Wayne's. We arent signing Byron Jones.

Also, Ronald Jones and a 3rd round rookie isnt helping the running game win a SB either. Howard is signed on a cheap couple million dollar deal in his mid twenties bc he can get a first down. He runs hard, he gives us that pounding back we havent had in ages. Look at San Fran, got to the SB with 3 or 4 good Rbs and some veteran leadership at the CB position. Yes they had solid fronts on both sides but you need a versatile running game and more then just a couple sophomores who have played 8 solid games in their career to compete for a SB.
    Last edited by BucsFan47; 03-15-2020 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    If you go after Brady, the best QB of all time and bring him in then its to win a SB. You want to start 2 out of 3 corners that are sophomores that have played 1 good half year of Football of their careers in the best league in the world and be asked to shut down the best receivers in the game in the playoffs when it matters most? Give me a break. I ain't trusting Dean and Bunting, corners who many of you on this forum had nothing but negative things to say about them to help lead our Secondary to a SB. So many of you cut Licht up for those draft choices, "why cant he pick guys who are well known in the draft? Why does Licht have to try and hit home runs on lesser known guys?" And now you trust and want the same guys you cut up to hold up the secondary and win us a superbowl? What a joke.

You need a seasoned vet to help lead this secondary group. That's why I mentioned Wayne's. We arent signing Byron Jones.

Also, Ronald Jones and a 3rd round rookie isnt helping the running game win a SB either. Howard is signed on a cheap couple million dollar deal in his mid twenties bc he can get a first down. He runs hard, he gives us that pounding back we havent had in ages. Look at San Fran, got to the SB with 3 or 4 good Rbs and some veteran leadership at the CB position. Yes they had solid fronts on both sides but you need a versatile running game and more then just a couple sophomores who have played 8 solid games in their career to compete for a SB.
    A seasoned vet in the secondary can be a Safety. Instead of Boston, who is a one dimensional guy, and Waynes, who is burnt more than toast, they could get an actual playmaker at the S position. Obviously they would be win now mode with Brady but you're going to be young somewhere to offset money elsewhere, that somewhere will be at CB.

There is more than one way to skin a cat. SF did it there way, we are not San Fran. Also down the stretch they just fed Mostert. Ronald Jones can be a 1000 yard back if given the touches. I would prefer he has help and doesn't need to. Sign Howard(or any other decent FA) use that 3rd on other holes and maybe draft a guy late. Want to draft a RB in Rounds 2-4, use that money elsewhere and get a cheap guy.

Thinking Demar Dotson is going to come back for 2 million or JPP for 8 million is insane as well but I was just sticking with the main strategy points rather than actually dissecting the stuff.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast