Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    And if that were true I would sincerely apologize to you and jump for joy. But is it realistic?

In your scenario why not sign him to a 5 year deal then? 45, 47? What does it matter?
    It probably isn't realistic I will give you that. But the possibility is greater than it has ever been for us in the past.

Because his production will drop at some point and he will want to retire at some point. I just don't understand why it would so bad if has 3 years instead of 2. I don't understand that?
    Last edited by Strategist; 03-17-2020 at 10:03 PM.

We ****ing better get some preferential treatment from the refs

Quote Originally Posted by Strategist View Post
    We ****ing better get some preferential treatment from the refs
    Now we have a QB that holds players accountable and not a cheerleader who’s too busy “eating W’s” in his pregame speech. We’re not gonna beat ourselves this year and that’s what’s important

How did Donovan Smith and Demar Dotson play at tackle last year. Any possibility Tampa is looking for a new LT. Any chance they'd be willing to trade Donovan Smith and a 2nd round pick for Trent Williams?

I'm hoping they signed him for two years and not three years but, but if they do sign him for three years then so be it. There is often a cost associated with going for it

Quote Originally Posted by NJrockPD View Post
    How did Donovan Smith and Demar Dotson play at tackle last year. Any possibility Tampa is looking for a new LT. Any chance they'd be willing to trade Donovan Smith and a 2nd round pick for Trent Williams?
    No. Dotson will be replaced in the draft. Smith is not great but he almost never misses time and the contracts this offseason have made his look a lot better.

Trent Williams may still be great, he may not be. He hasn't played football in about 16 months right now and is 31. A younger starting LT and a 2nd round pick for a guy who will want more money and we dont know what we are getting? No

Also the Redskins have 0 leverage, he won't play for you, his value will continue to decrease the longer your ownership continues to hold him.

A huge piece as well is all of our O Line Grades will go up after next year just based on how decisively Brady assesses the D, makes his reads and gets rid of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by NJrockPD View Post
    I'll tell you what, we will give you the rights to Demar Dotson and a 5th. Ask Snyder if that would work!
    Last edited by aecon13; 03-18-2020 at 05:23 PM.

Free agents available that I feel we could pursue....

DE:
    1. N. Suh
    2. Shelby Harris
    3. C. Covington

FS:
    1. Ha-ha Clinton-Dix
    2. Damarius Randall
    3. Tre Boston- Competition
    4. V. Bell- Competition

RB:
    1. Melvin Gordon
    2. DeAndre Washington- Depth
    3. DeVonte Freeman- Depth
    4. Chris Thompson- Depth

OT:
    1. Kelvin Beachum
    2. Matt Feiler- RFA
    3. Daryl Williams- Pending medical exam

WR:
    1. Robbey Anderson
    2. Paul Richardson

Thoughts on Gurley? Word is Rams will take almost anything to get rid of contract. I believe they would still be on hook, leaving 4 years 44 million
    2020 13 mil
    2021 9 mil
    2022 10 mil
    2023 11 mil

Follows the similar theory on Gordon, significant upgrade at RB to pair with Jones and complete the offense. Gordon would likely be cheaper, maybe as low as 6-7 mil.

Gurley's knee is an issue but he is very effective when he plays. First Brady, then Gurley?

Or can the Bucs continue to add to the defense

Will take as in a 5th rounder but we take on the contract? I'm not ok with that contract. Right now are starting d line is Gholston Vea and Patrick O connor with 0 depth. We cant afford a contract like Gurley and barely a contract that you suggest Gordon will get. I'd rather fill necessary holes first before indulging in dream like unrealistic scenarios like that. Jensen would and Brate would have to be willing to cut their salaries in half for me to realistically consider the possibility.

Do I want these guys? Yea. But it isn't feasible yet imo.

Yea I don't understand why we would give something up and pay all that money to Gurley with M. Gordon sitting out there for much less, unless Gordon turned us down. I think Gurley can be effective, but he's more of a name, then a great running back at this point. The more I look at it, D. Swift really seems to be our best bet at RB, if we can get him. I really like a lot of late 1st/early 2nd round options. Multiple OT's, Jacob Eason, and D. Swift. Maybe we should trade back from #14 and add picks

Apparently a tonne of FA wanna play with Brady and have reached out to our Bucs. That would be a home run if guys are willing to take discounts.

But as I mentioned before, Coronavirus is having a huge impact on making the Brady signing official.

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    No. Dotson will be replaced in the draft. Smith is not great but he almost never misses time and the contracts this offseason have made his look a lot better.

Trent Williams may still be great, he may not be. He hasn't played football in about 16 months right now and is 31. A younger starting LT and a 2nd round pick for a guy who will want more money and we dont know what we are getting? No

Also the Redskins have 0 leverage, he won't play for you, his value will continue to decrease the longer your ownership continues to hold him.
    Skins definitely don't have much leverage, but I just saw the haul the Vikings got for a disgruntled Diggs so I was hoping they could get something.

Brady having his physical done in NYC today. Hopefully some good news later today and then we can hear these FA inquiring about coming to Tampa to fill some holes!

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast