Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Week 17: Falcons @ Bucs

Discuss
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]

Pretty simple for me here. The logic is it's better to lose to get a better draft pick. But I've been hoping for that the past how many years? What I want this year is to finish without a losing record and 2nd in the division. Finishing the season with a 5 and 1 record without several key pieces would be huge going into our offseason. Let's go bucs!

35 yard pass to an OL, wide open for a TD and a RoJo fumble on first offensive play.

I cant wait to see social media blame Jameis for both.

Jesus, Jameis is unbelievable. I thought he was just throwing that ball the way. How the hell did he get that the Perryman in the endzone?

This team is going to be real next season as long as Jason Licht doesn't **** it up this off-season.

Leftwich being a p@ssy again

****ing trash Winston! Sign a rookie contract or get the **** out of here.

Well Jameis does the only thing that Jameis could possibly do if we wants the entire city going into the off-season questioning the QB position. It's laughable how you can always count on him to throw picks when the other team needs them most. I'm not judging his play over the past 2 weeks, considering the level of talent missing at the WR position, but I can assure everybody that it will not stop everybody else from talking about our QB situation all off-season.

It's really an un-winnable situation. You can't get rid of a guy that can do what he can do, but there is also a 0 % chance that you can count on a guy like that to win you 3 straight playoff games.

The team is moving toward under a very good coach and you can actually see the culture changing, but if you give this guy a long term deal you are dooming this franchise to every season forward ending in an interception for several years.

No ****ing way should Jameis get over 30 mil. He better sign whatever we give him or he should be dumped

Agreed 100%, damned if we do damned if we don't. I would be very upset if Jameis doesn't give us a hometown discount, this organization has had to put up with a lot cause of him. Hope we do draft a QB in the mid rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    Agreed 100%, damned if we do damned if we don't. I would be very upset if Jameis doesn't give us a hometown discount, this organization has had to put up with a lot cause of him. Hope we do draft a QB in the mid rounds.
    We don't need to draft a backup QB. We need to draft a QB that can be groomed to be the new starter.

2nd round, 3rd at latest!

Quote Originally Posted by PFISH91 View Post
    Yeah we definitely need to do our due diligence on the QBs this draft. I'm looking at Eason and Hurts as possibilities and Tua if we get really lucky. Would love to have Tua but dont think its likely.

Hopefully that will be the last pass Winston throws in a Bucs uniform!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darryl
    Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=507682257

Quote Originally Posted by Petertherock View Post
    Hopefully that will be the last pass Winston throws in a Bucs uniform!

Now that just dumb if you wanna compete for the playoffs in 2020. I want him back but I don't wanna overpay.

Quote Originally Posted by Strategist View Post
    Now that just dumb if you wanna compete for the playoffs in 2020. I want him back but I don't wanna overpay.
    You think we can win with a QB that throws 2-3 intís per game? Because I donít.

Darryl
    Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=507682257

This thread is filled with some crazy ****. Last pass as a Buc? Highly doubtful and would be a terrible move.

Tua is going to go 5th to Miami or higher.

I understand wanting to have another possible starter, if we sign Jameis to a short deal but I would not draft a QB in the first 4 rounds. Hurts is not an NFL QB. Give me OT and some combo of EDGE, RB, S, G/C in the first 4 picks.

Does everybody understand what Winston has played through? He wears a cast all week, doesn't throw and then goes out and plays on Sunday. That is an incredibly tough situation for anyone. He still is able to pull off that perfect 40 yard ball to Perriman and that miracle TD but it is affecting him, more so vs Houston than Atlanta but still.

Everybody is acting like Winston is incapable of now throwing 30 picks. He can, has and will. He generally throw 12-16 less than 1 a game. This year 80% of his INTs came in 7 home games and London. Look at the other 8 games.
    Winston 2019 away stats
    8 games
    18 pass TD
    6 INT
    2,472 Pass Yards

That is half a season of great yardage over 2 TD a game, less than an INT a game and a 5-3 record. That is under Bruce Arians and Leftwich with this roster. He can do it. We just need to get that to transition to home games.

If you project his away stats yo a full season they are.
    16 games
    36 pass TD
    12 INT
    4,944 pass yards

Everybody would be very happy with a 3:1 TD to INT ratio and almost 5000 yards.

There were some inaccurate throws this year, some bad decisions. There were also plenty of tipped passes, miscommunication by WRs and fluky plays in those 30 INTs. It literally seemed like every 50/50 ball broke the defenses way. I also dont think those opening game scripts were very good and were predictable. The amount of WRs, TE, RB on this team who allowed DBs to come back to the ball while they stood there or continued to fall away was insane. Godwin is the most consistent at coming back to the ball and it really helps, especially with the routes we are running.

Team is close, some OL help, another back, more experience for CBs we have and better S play and this is a playoff team. Great front 7, 2 great WRs, other capable pass catchers and a QB who can win.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast