Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Revisiting the PG Swap (CP3vRWB), who's had the better season? Better fit?

The Rockets are still contenders but Harden is doing more than ever, his prior contenders could still play well without him, this year the RWB led lineups are getting crushed. Tho its important to note he came into the season nursing an injury and not developing much chemistry with the team yet, its telling that he's been on a hot streak of late (30-8-7 on50%) over his last 7 games and the Rockets look to have another level to them left to tap into.

Meanwhile in OKC, a team almost nobody had being .500 team much less the 7th seed. CP3 has been his consistent self (approaching a career high in TS%), led the team back from a 30pt deficit recently and their trio PG lineups have been crushing it all year. In many ways, CP3 is playing better this year than the last whereas RWB has been on the decline for awhile now. Moving forward, are the Thunder better off even without the picks or would RWB have provided more for this overachieving team.

In essence, Im asking if you swapped both players today, again, how do both teams fare? I know that CP3 had to go, if the reports of him clashing with Harden are true, RWB simply makes the Rockets better by bringing out the best in Harden (like he got the best out of PG13) but just in a vacuum, whos the better fit, whos having the better season?

Here are their stats at the moment: http://bkref.com/tiny/0ZQvU

CP3: 16-6-4 with a 123 ORTG and pretty good defense IMO.

RWB: 24-7-8 with 102 ORTG (His least efficient season since his rookie year) and pretty shaky defense IMO.

I still firmly believe that Houston made the right move. I have the Rockets as a dark horse for the ship this year. Grant it when the post season starts Harden wont be dropping 39 points per game, but that's where WB's value over Paul will come in where he can take over a game and put the team on his back.

Keep in mind Eric Gordon is a big piece of the puzzle that were not taking in to account as well. The rockets have another gear to go in to.

Russell Westbrook on decline for a while? Dude averaged a triple double the past 3 seasons!!

Anyway, CP3 is always great in the regular season; the problem is his health during the playoffs. He hasn't been healthy in the postseason for a long time.

Both career losers. at least Westbrook seems like a cool guy

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Both career losers. at least Westbrook seems like a cool guy
    Sssssshhhhhhh! Don't remind people that Paul is a career loser going all the way back to college man! He's the greatest PG ever man, all the advanced stats prove it. He just doesn't win which isn't important at all because advanced stats are all that matters.

Rippin' lips son!!

To be fair on CP3 his team constantly get big injuries in or close to the playoffs. Which is also on him a lot of the time but still lol he definitely has a positive impact, itís a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    To be fair on CP3 his team constantly get big injuries in or close to the playoffs. Which is also on him a lot of the time but still lol he definitely has a positive impact, itís a shame.
    He has had a excellent career but was also chronicly overrated by the smarter then the crowd crew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has had a excellent career but was also chronicly overrated by the smarter then the crowd crew.

I agree, heís better known as CP0. I canít say I wouldnít have loved it if Miami trades for him this summer if it wasnít for that 3rd year on his contract

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Sssssshhhhhhh! Don't remind people that Paul is a career loser going all the way back to college man! He's the greatest PG ever man, all the advanced stats prove it. He just doesn't win which isn't important at all because advanced stats are all that matters.
    So you dont think people can find Stockton better than ring winners like Isiah and Frazier?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    So you dont think people can find Stockton better than ring winners like Isiah and Frazier?
    It's all about context within a team and era. I could definitely see Stockton as better than Frazier. I don't think he has the alpha mentality of Thomas on any team in any era.

Revisiting the PG Swap (CP3vRWB), who's had the better season? Better fit?

Stockton didnít win in a finals but he got there 2 times and played in an era with one very dominant team. He didnít lose year after year in the first or second round with a great team. Big difference.

Stockton didnít win in a finals but he got there 2 times and played in an era with one very dominant team. He didnít lose year after year in the first or second round with a great team. Big difference.

that dominant team was in the other conference and he made it well past his prime. cp3 lost to tougher teams including the most dominant and most talented team in nba history. big difference indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    It's all about context within a team and era. I could definitely see Stockton as better than Frazier. I don't think he has the alpha mentality of Thomas on any team in any era.
    I have Frazier above Isiah personally

Both CP3 and Westy have been over-rated for their careers. Westy is an INCREDIBLE athlete who has limited ability to think the game. CP3 has great skill but is not a good teammate.

Both VERY good players, but both think they are the best and they are not nor will they ever be.

that dominant team was in the other conference and he made it well past his prime. cp3 lost to tougher teams including the most dominant and most talented team in nba history. big difference indeed.
    I agree. One actually succeeded in the post season while the other was a continual disappointment. Big indeed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast