Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast
    Pace's Patience BS doesn't mesh with his GM moves AT ALL:

If you're stressing patience, why did you trade two first for Mack?

If you're stressing patience, why did you trade up for a chunk of this offense (Mitch, Miller, Monty,etc.)

He's basically telling us to be patient with his ****-ups

It's unbelievable how stubborn these guys are. Whatever, you, Nagy, Mitch, and hopefully Phillips can all **** off this year.
    Broncos be like:

I almost want this team to fail just so I can laugh at Paceís stupidity. At least I donít need to get excited for this offseason.

Pace can take a page from Gettleman's book (can't believe I said that )

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ng-good-enough
    Broncos be like:

Quote Originally Posted by flclfanman View Post
    Pace can take a page from Gettleman's book (can't believe I said that )

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ng-good-enough
    Uhhh...I think I'm ok without any pages from the old Dave "computer folks" Gettleman playbook.

But I understand what you're saying. Some ownership of the failure that was 2019 would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Uhhh...I think I'm ok without any pages from the old Dave "computer folks" Gettleman playbook.

But I understand what you're saying. Some ownership of the failure that was 2019 would be nice.
    I'm trying to give Pace the benefit of the doubt and I'll wait until we make some moves. But based on what on he said, I'm frustrated that he can't just own up to the failures on this offense, starting with the QB and HC; they are here because of him.

It just looks like everyone is falling short of saying "Mitch has to play better and we believe competition will help get the best out of him".

O welp, this is the hill Pace and Nagy will die on. When Mitch leaves, so will they.
    Broncos be like:

I gotta wonder if Pace doesn't realize his job is in jeopardy and that whatever he does will be considered golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Daktothefuture View Post
    I gotta wonder if Pace doesn't realize his job is in jeopardy and that whatever he does will be considered golden.
    Everyone keeps saying this yet there is no indication the people above will do anything with Pace even if 2020 is another failure. McCrapsky and Phillips (if someone could actually tell me what these two do and have done in their ridiculously long tenure in their positions I would appreciate it) just came out and gave their overwhelming faith and trust in Pace and Nagy. They come out for their short BS comments before crawling back into their caves for the offseason and do whatever it is they do for the franchise. If you really want to know the biggest issue is with the Chicago Bears franchise, this is it. Guys who donít know what they are doing are given lifetime positions no matter what, either by birthright or in Phillips case wormed his way up to President and CEO and has been there for twenty years of pretty much complete failure. They could easily keep taking their ridiculous salaries and pass their supposed duties on to guys who know what they are doing and have the capability of finding the right guys to put in the GM and coaching positions. But nope, its still clueless people who accept constant failure carrying on the tradition of not holding anyone accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by Epyon View Post
    The only available QB with any hope of winning an eventual ring that saves his job from this year is Burrow
    We do not know this at all. Burrow has been a starter for two years, and he had one average year and one great year. We don't know what kind of QB he is. If he was not injured, I would take Tua over Burrows 7 days a week.

No QB in the next two drafts (and that includes my boy Tua because of his injury) can save Pace/Nagy job. And to put that kind of pressure on a young QB is beyond stupid. Only way Nagy/Pace saves their job is to have a good off-season and then win the division and go deep into the playoffs next year. A rookie QB is not going to be doing that.
    Screw sabermetics.

I'm sorry, but you guys are sounding like old bitter cackling hens.

I realize that every Bears Fan is down on the Bears for not fulfilling our Super Bowl dreams this year. This team had high expectations to compete this season. I get it. Really, I do.

You have to realize that the defense played out of their minds last season. Top 10 in every statistic. They were compared to the '85 Bears by many. It was going to be hard to top that production and most Fans expected it.

That production won games by either field position or points and it wasn't sustainable. That right there made this a lesser team.

Our offense completely fell apart this season. We can argue all day and night the why's, how's, and but's. We all can point fingers on which person was the cause.

Let's just be honest with ourselves. The ENTIRE offense other than Robinson sucked. The offensive Line didn't do their job. That created a domino effect with the run game and overall play calling. Mitch isn't a pure pocket passer. He has to be rolled out. Nagy played towards the kids weakness, not strengths.

Mitch didn't play well at all. He took a step back. While being his "3rd" season, he could have had a sophomore year slump. To say he's the worst starting QB at this point of his career is a little strong. To call him a bust with his experience is being ridiculous. Do I want to see Pace have a better backup plan? Of course! Who wouldn't want to see Pace do that?!?

Do it, Pace, do it...

Face the facts. Pace blew it by moving up for Mitch. There were 7 other teams that passed on Mahomes. Not just Pace.

Pace has done a decent job. I give him an overall B grade. He's missed on most of his 1st rounders. Smith and Mack were pretty good picks, IMO. He's been pretty good at his 2nd round and up picks.

Yes, he's a risk taker, and he's been burned. But he's still better than the last 2 GMs!

He has work to do. The TE position needs overhauling. We all agree. Heck, there's all sorts of ways to improve this roster, and I'm confident that there will be.

I chuckle when I read, and I'm paraphrasing, "FIRE PACE, NAGY AND THAT NO GOOD FOR NOTHING QB, MITCH BUSTINSKI!!!"

Lol... give it a rest. Pace, Nagy and Mitch will all be here next season. If the next season resembles this past one, something severe will have to happen.

Hey, Nagy has more wins than any other current NFL HC in their first 2 years. Think about that. Seriously, think about that. Forget the reasons, he's won more games. That's CRAZY.

I haven't lost all hope in all three of them. Would I bet my life on them? Nope. Not a chance.

Here's to a Happy New Year to all, and all hope for better run next season.

Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    I'm sorry, but you guys are sounding like old bitter cackling hens.

I realize that every Bears Fan is down on the Bears for not fulfilling our Super Bowl dreams this year. This team had high expectations to compete this season. I get it. Really, I do.

You have to realize that the defense played out of their minds last season. Top 10 in every statistic. They were compared to the '85 Bears by many. It was going to be hard to top that production and most Fans expected it.

That production won games by either field position or points and it wasn't sustainable. That right there made this a lesser team.

Our offense completely fell apart this season. We can argue all day and night the why's, how's, and but's. We all can point fingers on which person was the cause.

Let's just be honest with ourselves. The ENTIRE offense other than Robinson sucked. The offensive Line didn't do their job. That created a domino effect with the run game and overall play calling. Mitch isn't a pure pocket passer. He has to be rolled out. Nagy played towards the kids weakness, not strengths.

Mitch didn't play well at all. He took a step back. While being his "3rd" season, he could have had a sophomore year slump. To say he's the worst starting QB at this point of his career is a little strong. To call him a bust with his experience is being ridiculous. Do I want to see Pace have a better backup plan? Of course! Who wouldn't want to see Pace do that?!?

Do it, Pace, do it...

Face the facts. Pace blew it by moving up for Mitch. There were 7 other teams that passed on Mahomes. Not just Pace.

Pace has done a decent job. I give him an overall B grade. He's missed on most of his 1st rounders. Smith and Mack were pretty good picks, IMO. He's been pretty good at his 2nd round and up picks.

Yes, he's a risk taker, and he's been burned. But he's still better than the last 2 GMs!

He has work to do. The TE position needs overhauling. We all agree. Heck, there's all sorts of ways to improve this roster, and I'm confident that there will be.

I chuckle when I read, and I'm paraphrasing, "FIRE PACE, NAGY AND THAT NO GOOD FOR NOTHING QB, MITCH BUSTINSKI!!!"

Lol... give it a rest. Pace, Nagy and Mitch will all be here next season. If the next season resembles this past one, something severe will have to happen.

Hey, Nagy has more wins than any other current NFL HC in their first 2 years. Think about that. Seriously, think about that. Forget the reasons, he's won more games. That's CRAZY.

I haven't lost all hope in all three of them. Would I bet my life on them? Nope. Not a chance.

Here's to a Happy New Year to all, and all hope for better run next season.

Happy New Years to you as well, but the power of positivity isn't gonna cure the Bears' problems and these big pep rally speeches always come across condescending as opposed to empowering. I think people are reasonable to be down on the Bears and not excited about pretty transparent declarations of staying the course this early on at the three most impactful and questionable positions (QB/HC/GM) in the organization right now. There's plenty of substance behind peoples' frustrations.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Happy New Years to you as well, but the power of positivity isn't gonna cure the Bears' problems and these big pep rally speeches always come across condescending as opposed to empowering. I think people are reasonable to be down on the Bears and not excited about pretty transparent declarations of staying the course this early on at the three most impactful and questionable positions (QB/HC/GM) in the organization right now. There's plenty of substance behind peoples' frustrations.
    There's a reason for everyone's frustration, it's missing the playoffs.

And there's nothing wrong with being positive, actually it's a good thing.

Pretty simple to figure it out. If Mitch Trubisky was a third round draft pick would they still be behind him like this, still going forward declaring him the 2020 starter? The simple answer in **** no, no ****ing way. So what does this tell you? The QB job and the success of the team is being driven by the ego of a GM who made a monumental blunder and refuses entering year 4 to not only not admit it but to again try and save face and just give this guy the job from day 1. If he was a third round pick maybe he got some starts these last few years but they would have moved on already. Because of what Pace did and his future reputation they are still sticking with a guy who clearly canít do the job. A guy who throws a check down on 4th and 23 wonít ever get it. A guy who throws the ball away out of bounds on 4th down will never get it. He is dumb, plain and simple. Unfortunately the GM only cares about this draft pick, his blunder, and will go down in flames with him in hopes of a miracle. If this wasnít the case then why not at least declare the job a competition, say you are bringing in others to compete for the job and if Trubisky wins it then great but he has to earn it. Nope, another gift. What has Trubisky ever done in his football life to earn anything, and what would it hurt to make him earn something now for once in his professional life? Maybe he rises to the occasion and does earn it, but just giving it to him again does nothing for his so called growth. They are so scared to upset this kid, just soft and fragile I guess. Just a soft organization throughout, complete incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Furthermore, this is a forum where people come to vent. Being all preachy or the voice of reason when there are very obvious concerns moving forward just makes you sound kinda delusional.

I will happily eat crow if Pace does something different at QB, but he certainly sounded like a GM in full support of Trubisky and didn't seem very interested in holding him accountable for his poor play. To double (or even triple) down on Mitch just feels like a guy unwilling to accept he made a massive mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Furthermore, this is a forum where people come to vent. Being all preachy or the voice of reason when there are very obvious concerns moving forward just makes you sound kinda delusional.

I will happily eat crow if Pace does something different at QB, but he certainly sounded like a GM in full support of Trubisky and didn't seem very interested in holding him accountable for his poor play. To double (or even triple) down on Mitch just feels like a guy unwilling to accept he made a massive mistake.
    Yep. The only thing you can really say is he at least didn't want to comment about the 5th year option. But it feels feels very apparent that Trubisky at least opens next year as the starter and that's very disappointing. I don't know if I believe Pace really has faith in Mitch, you can't really until we know the result of the 5th year option, but it means at the very least they don't believe a realistic substantially better alternative exists. But yeah, if that is the case, why double down on the "patience/development" talk? Of course he can't be overly critical or down on Mitch, but I would've much preferred a more neutral overall tone personally, and I think so would have most.

Nagy isn't free of guilt himself, I think as Ron!n said (I believe), the firings reflect a lot on Nagy, but I also think they were just the guys in the building who could go since we're basically stuck with Mitch and Nagy.

Ultimately, it's just not a great place to be in what should be the peak of your competitive window. It's not negativity, it's objectivity. Like you said, maybe things turn out okay, but objectively speaking, there's a lot more reason to feel skeptical than the other way around.

Lol Nagy talking about growth with Mitch because against the redskins he checked it down on 3rd down instead of taking the shot at the TD and that heís learned from that....meanwhile, he checked the ball down on 4th down and thrown the ball away on 4th down. Some growth. The delusion from both pace and Nagy is alarming.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast