Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Week 17 bears vikings

Why can't the bears have sustained success.

Hopefully this year ends up being the outlier, rather than last year.

Just lose.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I hope they lose and its an embarrassment with Trubisky having a disaster of a game, worst of his career. We need to come out of this game giving Pace zero hope, zero excuses to just give this job to the bust next season without competition.

I just don't care at this point. Just don't let any key players get hurt, I guess.

I actually admire Minnesota though. They've tried to capitalize on their window, despite an awesome season from Keenum a few years ago. They went out and spent big to try and get even better at QB. For all the **** Cousins has taken (some of it deserved), he's been one of the best QB's in the league since we beat the Vikings early on.

I can only hope Pace has the balls to make a move at QB (if a good one is available), but I doubt it.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 12-23-2019 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I just don't care at this point. Just don't let any key players get hurt, I guess.

I actually admire Minnesota though. They've tried to capitalize on their window, despite an awesome season from Keenum a few years ago. They went out and spent big to try and get even better at QB. For all the **** Cousins has taken (some of it deserved), he's been one of the best QB's in the league since we beat the Vikings early on.

I can only hope Pace has the balls to make a move at QB (if a good one is available), but I doubt it.
    Jordan Love or Eason would have to be the guy imo.

Love is a project though. He needs to sit for a year or two. He can't be rushed into this.

I still really like Jake Fromm, mostly due to the intangibles and the ability hes shown to read a defense but I think hes staying at Georgia for his Senior year.

I'm out on Fromm. Watched a lot of him this season and his arm strength is going to be a liability at this level. Not a good athlete either.

I'd be cool with Love or Eason if they last to Round 2. I still don't believe Pace will go that route though, plus I wouldn't mind if he doesn't so that the next GM will have a chance to get their own guy in 2021.

This is horrendous, pathetic, & absolutely terrible. I can't recall more futility and dysfunction on offense than this group based on talent & expectations. Dead last or worst in the NFL on number of punts based on number of total drives & 3 and outs.

Trubisky going into training camp as the starter, is likely, but the Bears have to bring in a guy who can legitimate challenge Mitch for the spot and not just a guy like Chase. It's why bringing in a vet like Dalton, Newton should be a high priority. Either they push Mitch to get better and does or those vets are good enough to bench Trubisky when he wets the bed.
    Screw sabermetics.

With what has happened this season they should sign a vet, draft a QB, and make it a wide open competition to start training camp. Best man wins. I think back when the Seahawks signed Matt Flynn to a big contract and everyone thought he was the starter. Carroll had the stones to give the job to a third round pick because he earned it in training camp and that guy is now one of the top QBs in the league. Lets face it, Trubisky has never actually EARNED the starting job. He was gifted it because of where he was picked and has stayed in the position because of that and Pace not wanting to give him a competitive back up. After 40 plus starts his entitlement starting should now be over. There is zero reason to gift him the job again, he has had ample time and earned nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    With what has happened this season they should sign a vet, draft a QB, and make it a wide open competition to start training camp. Best man wins. I think back when the Seahawks signed Matt Flynn to a big contract and everyone thought he was the starter. Carroll had the stones to give the job to a third round pick because he earned it in training camp and that guy is now one of the top QBs in the league. Lets face it, Trubisky has never actually EARNED the starting job. He was gifted it because of where he was picked and has stayed in the position because of that and Pace not wanting to give him a competitive back up. After 40 plus starts his entitlement starting should now be over. There is zero reason to gift him the job again, he has had ample time and earned nothing.
    I think that would be a wise approach. Sign a Vet. I'm not a Cam fan and Dalton is terrible. The Mariota dots are strong and make sense because of the history. I'm not saying that he"s the answer, but maybe the different scenery will help. Not sure.

Pace has to draft a QB. He. Has. To. I like the idea of an open competition. I think Nagy would be the type to actually play the winner.

I think that it's pretty obvious that Mitch was handed the QB job....or forced on him, depending how you look at it.

I don't know how realistic a competition is though. Practice time is more limited under this CBA and you pretty much have to be set on a starter by preseason since someone has to be getting those first team reps.

I expect Pace to just run it back with Mitch. I'd be happy to be surprised though, because he absolutely should be GM'ing for his job.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I don't know how realistic a competition is though. Practice time is more limited under this CBA and you pretty much have to be set on a starter by preseason since someone has to be getting those first team reps.

I expect Pace to just run it back with Mitch. I'd be happy to be surprised though, because he absolutely should be GM'ing for his job.
    I kinda hope that he does trot out Trubisky not only because I still think Mitchell can be a fine QB but also because if we blow its maybe time to clean house, and that has me WAY more excited than anything else.

Keenum to me is still the way to go. Knows the system. Has shown the ability to win with talent around him. But most importantly, won't be expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    I kinda hope that he does trot out Trubisky not only because I still think Mitchell can be a fine QB but also because if we blow its maybe time to clean house, and that has me WAY more excited than anything else.
    Not a bad point. And theyd have a high pick.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Great, another losing season..... I do not get your continued optimism that this guy can be a good QB but hey, to each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Great, another losing season..... I do not get your continued optimism that this guy can be a good QB but hey, to each his own.
    Im not calling to keep him as our starter. I just see the upside in doing so if it means we rid ourselves of Pace and Nagy.

Im done with everyone. This window is just an illusion. We need a rebuild in several critical areas (QB, OL, 2 of 4 LB spots, CB). And were going to be on the tail end of our talents prime by the time we pull together a real chance at a ring.

2019-2020 were our shot. Were out of that window barring a miracle next season - and that hinges on bringing in a stud QB or Trubisky playing much more like the QBs we passed on for him.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast