Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I would give up on the bears until the next regime if they actually put an unquestioned superior qb as the backup.

It seems impossible.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I mean, I agree, but you know they'll try to justify it somehow. I'm fully expecting him to get one more chance. I'd love to be surprised though.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Agreed, but he is pretty old now
    True, but his sack% this season (5.4) is nearly identical to his career average (5.5). Trubisky's (6.6) was partially due to the OL, but his lack of awareness this season played a big part as well. At least Rivers would likely get rid of the ball quickly, step up in the pocket, and (hopefully) not walk into sacks.

At the very least they should bring in a quality back up, draft a QB, and declare the QB position an open competition in camp. Best man wins. If Pace is still grasping at straws because of historically monumental blow job of drafting Trubisky and ownership lets him get away with it this team is locked into mediocrity. The weaker schedule would probably put this team in the 10 win category if healthy but nowhere near a contender. They cant be with this QB, and if these guys insist on keeping him in there they will never be contenders with this front office. I am hoping Nagy swallows his pride, gets a new coordinator, and lets him call plays. My first impression of this team next season will hinge on game 1 and how many passes are thrown behind the line of scrimmage. If we start out again with the wussy football, the nonsense, then Nagy can take a walk.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    True, but his sack% this season (5.4) is nearly identical to his career average (5.5). Trubisky's (6.6) was partially due to the OL, but his lack of awareness this season played a big part as well. At least Rivers would likely get rid of the ball quickly, step up in the pocket, and (hopefully) not walk into sacks.
    Dont get me wrong, I would take old man Rivers over Trubisky. I would also take a sack of potatoes over Trubisky as well

so after giving away the farm to get Mack, the Bears have 2 more sacks for the year than the Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Holydiver View Post
    so after giving away the farm to get Mack, the Bears have 2 more sacks for the year than the Raiders.
    Don't forget that Hicks was out for most of the season. He's an important part of the defense.

Mack is a good player to have and I'm happy that he's a Bear.

According to DVOA Jimmy G is right there with Watson... in his first fill season as a starter. Nice.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Situational football in crucial times, I thought Mitch showed what he can do in those scenarios, Nagy said. Hes done that over his career. We want to make sure as we go through this thing that we really, really learn on all the other stuff, which is going to happen taking time on learning how to get better with everything that involves playing the quarterback position.

When I hear the learning, taking time, how he shows he is good in critical times (I guess the first 58 minutes arent critical) it makes me think they have no intention on doing anything but gift Trubisky the job again. You know what is coming in the season ending press conference from Pace. We still think Mitch is the guy to lead this franchise, we see the flashes but yes he needs to work hard this offseason, we expect more for sure but know what kind of kid he is, he will put in the hard work, remember his limited experience in college, some guys take longer to develop then others but we are fully confident in his future, blah blah blah blah......

Its coming folks

If you dot your Is and cross your ts, you could do serious damage with those picks. Id like the bears to go big on the OL this off-season. Id try my hardest to steal Scherf. I like the idea of capitalizing on a deep WR class and taking one in the 2nd. Then going BA between DL/CB/S. I think bears should go after Ebron on a low risk/high reward deal. Bears could easily bounce back next year, but the OL absolutely needs to be figured out, and they need to bring someone in to really push Mitch. Nagy needs to get his **** together too. And pace needs to nail picks/signings. Everyone is in it together and everyone has a lot to prove.

Yeah, the whole "well, he's great in the last 2 minutes" horseshit needs to stop. We wouldn't need to be in a position to come from behind so often if he'd show a ****ing pulse for the first 3+ quarters of most games.

Such a stupid narrative that both Nagy and the Chicago media continue to push.

I also wouldn't be bragging about him needing to win in the 2 minute drill against a backup defense. That's like bragging about preseason win.

https://sports.yahoo.com/answer-bear...223253267.html

I mentioned something similar last week. Minnesota completely rebuilt their offense from scratch this offseason. Nagy needs to do the same if he is going to roll with Trubisky next year. I have no more patience for this square peg, round hole scheme.

Yeah, the whole "well, he's great in the last 2 minutes" horseshit needs to stop. We wouldn't need to be in a position to come from behind so often if he'd show a ****ing pulse for the first 3+ quarters of most games.

Such a stupid narrative that both Nagy and the Chicago media continue to push.

I also wouldn't be bragging about him needing to win in the 2 minute drill against a backup defense. That's like bragging about preseason win.
    Preach

Quote Originally Posted by mwoodri View Post
    https://sports.yahoo.com/answer-bear...223253267.html

I mentioned something similar last week. Minnesota completely rebuilt their offense from scratch this offseason. Nagy needs to do the same if he is going to roll with Trubisky next year. I have no more patience for this square peg, round hole scheme.
    What does it matter if Trubisky can't read defenses, throw on target, or stop taking coverage sacks? I don't care what offense you put around him, he's going to be a scrub.

So Pace and Nagy has pretty much decided that their careers in Chicago will be in the hands of Mitch Trubisky. Cook, I hope they get their resumes updated because they won't have careers in Chicago after 2020.
    Screw sabermetics.

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast