Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    No and ****ing no. Until the hand injury Dak was top 2 in QBR and top 5 in passer rating. Took and injection in his shoulder yesterday and should have won if not for six easy drops that killed drives. This coaching staff is holding back the whole team. Why would you move on from Dak and not Zeke or Jaylon Smith, Cooper et al. Move on from Jason Garrett yes, Dak no. Move on to what? Patrick Mahomes? Nobody is coming to take his place.

Are we seriously debating if Dak is a better QB than Stafford? It should be obvious to anyone outside of maybe 5 teams in the NFL he would make a team drastically better.

As for Dak? The Cowboys are probably going to do what they should do which is franchise him and draft another developmental QB and see if lightning strikes twice. Though I do hope they give him 40 mil.

Dak is a good QB, to say otherwise is absurd.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    No and ****ing no. Until the hand injury Dak was top 2 in QBR and top 5 in passer rating. Took and injection in his shoulder yesterday and should have won if not for six easy drops that killed drives. This coaching staff is holding back the whole team. Why would you move on from Dak and not Zeke or Jaylon Smith, Cooper et al. Move on from Jason Garrett yes, Dak no. Move on to what? Patrick Mahomes? Nobody is coming to take his place.
    Lmao pulling the Eagles fans go to excuse out of the hat to justify his poor play now?

Dallas has so many things that they need to resolve. I brought this up a few weeks ago:

1. What do you do with Dak? He is a good QB and is going to want comparable money to Goff and Wentz.
    2. What do you do with Zeke? I actually agree with Skip today: he's been in cruise control for much of the season.
    3. What do you do with Cooper? Injury prone, only plays well when it doesn't matter.
    4. Jason Garrett? Okay, I know he's fired. But what about the coaching staff? Moore is calling the plays. Richard's defense is subpar.

Just a ****** offseason outlook for Dallas at this point. You almost have to do either do a rebuild or throw money at three players who aren't worth the price, hamstringing yourself in other areas. Not to mention, the Eagles had a "down year" in terms of production. We don't even have speed on our offense yet lol.

#24ever

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Dak is a good QB, to say otherwise is absurd.
    He's good in the way Dalton was good. I don't think anyone is saying Dak is garbage, but it's so so clear that he's not worth even a top 5 salary at the position. There's likely going to be several QB's that they could get in the off-season that could lead them to as many or more wins than Dak got this year.

I think QBEagles is right... Gotta just pull the Kirk Cousins and franchise him. Give him another year to prove he is worth all that money... Because he had a chance to prove it this year, and he blew it.

Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    Dallas has so many things that they need to resolve. I brought this up a few weeks ago:

1. What do you do with Dak? He is a good QB and is going to want comparable money to Goff and Wentz.
    2. What do you do with Zeke? I actually agree with Skip today: he's been in cruise control for much of the season.
    3. What do you do with Cooper? Injury prone, only plays well when it doesn't matter.
    4. Jason Garrett? Okay, I know he's fired. But what about the coaching staff? Moore is calling the plays. Richard's defense is subpar.

Just a ****** offseason outlook for Dallas at this point. You almost have to do either do a rebuild or throw money at three players who aren't worth the price, hamstringing yourself in other areas. Not to mention, the Eagles had a "down year" in terms of production. We don't even have speed on our offense yet lol.
    I mean the Cowboys will have around $85M in cap space but they do need to sign their own guys to big deals.

I honestly think the Eagles kinda screwed themselves by winning yesterday. They aren't a good football team, and now the earliest they could pick in the draft is 21... We all know Howie is about as bad as Elway when picking that late. Before yesterday, they could have ended up with a pick as high as 10. And even though the Eagles are slated to have around $40M in cap space, there's a lot of holes that I don't think $40M will cover.

So I'd argue that Dallas actually "Won" by losing... Except that they've got a huge decision on Dak and that decision shapes their entire future.

The Cowboys are drafting 15th right now and will likely be higher if the lose next week. They have a decent chance of being able to get Herbert or Tua. Why in the world would you pay Dak $35M a year if you can go and get one of those guys?

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    The Cowboys are drafting 15th right now and will likely be higher if the lose next week. They have a decent chance of being able to get Herbert or Tua. Why in the world would you pay Dak $35M a year if you can go and get one of those guys?
    I mean Tua is just a lefty Dak.

I mean the Cowboys will have around $85M in cap space but they do need to sign their own guys to big deals.

I honestly think the Eagles kinda screwed themselves by winning yesterday. They aren't a good football team, and now the earliest they could pick in the draft is 21... We all know Howie is about as bad as Elway when picking that late. Before yesterday, they could have ended up with a pick as high as 10. And even though the Eagles are slated to have around $40M in cap space, there's a lot of holes that I don't think $40M will cover.

So I'd argue that Dallas actually "Won" by losing... Except that they've got a huge decision on Dak and that decision shapes their entire future.
    I think the Eagles fan base was split in half regarding that. Where we likely don't have enough healthy talent to make noise in the playoffs so it would have been ideal to land a potential blue chip player. At the same time though, it also is a huge advantage to see Wentz in the playoffs for the first time long term. The experience of winning in December can be monumental for a still developing QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    I think the Eagles fan base was split in half regarding that. Where we likely don't have enough healthy talent to make noise in the playoffs so it would have been ideal to land a potential blue chip player. At the same time though, it also is a huge advantage to see Wentz in the playoffs for the first time long term. The experience of winning in December can be monumental for a still developing QB.
    You're absolutely right...I didn't even think about that.

He's good in the way Dalton was good. I don't think anyone is saying Dak is garbage, but it's so so clear that he's not worth even a top 5 salary at the position. There's likely going to be several QB's that they could get in the off-season that could lead them to as many or more wins than Dak got this year.

I think QBEagles is right... Gotta just pull the Kirk Cousins and franchise him. Give him another year to prove he is worth all that money... Because he had a chance to prove it this year, and he blew it.
    Recency bias anyone? Dak was a borderline MVP candidate until 4 weeks ago. I will give him the Jason Garrett sucks exemption this year. I am not opposed to franchising but to act like a guy who has demonstrably been an above avg QB during his tenure is somebody the Boys should just move on from is short sighted. Give him a chance with a real Coaching staff. Not to mention Dak was clearly injured the past few weeks

Recency bias anyone? Dak was a borderline MVP candidate until 4 weeks ago. I will give him the Jason Garrett sucks exemption this year. I am not opposed to franchising but to act like a guy who has demonstrably been an above avg QB during his tenure is somebody the Boys should just move on from is short sighted. Give him a chance with a real Coaching staff. Not to mention Dak was clearly injured the past few weeks
    We also thought Kellen Moore was a genius early in the season by having Dak throw more.

He wasn’t borderline mvp.

They should, but they won't. The reality of the NFL is there just isn't an easy way to replace a starting QB.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast