Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

What’s the Deal with Ben Simmons?

he is happy with getting a pay check/nailing a kardasian and leaving embiid carry everything... he has all the potential in the world but the mentality of a backup pg at best who is just trying to stay on the team... ben simmons will also be very good on just talent but he will never be a top 10 player like he was projected without his balls dropping.

this is what i posted in the sixers area

][Neubeck] Brett Brown says when teams go zone Ben can help by being “a relentless offensive rebounder

think about how sad that is that the coach has to try and get anything out of ben simmons on offense in the half court lol.... i am not a brett fan but he and joel are so handicapped by ben simmons its not even funny and elton brands genius move was to get rid of 2 guys that can shoot in jj and butler and replace then with yet another center lol... we have 5 centers on this team in ben simmons/embiid/horford/quinn]pell
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 12-22-2019 at 03:28 PM.

He’s basically a rich man’s Josh Smith. He’s good on defense but will always be a bad fit in basically any offense until he increases his offensive versatility. No back to the basket moves, no mid range, no 3 pt shooting, awful FT shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He just needs to go spend a summer with Kobe to learn the mentality to shoot no matter what.

But yes he got comfortable after getting paid.

If there was no Embiid the team would just be up tempo run and gun. Surround Ben with 4 shooters.

If there was no Ben the 76ers would run Embiid on the block and actually be able to run pick and rolls.

Its just their 2 cornerstones have completely opposite playing styles.

MTM told ya so [emoji3]

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Is this going to come down to having to pick between Simmons or Embiid for the future? Who do you go with?

Deangelo Russel for Ben Simmons straight up

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    HAHAHA!! HIGH SCHOOL TEAMATES. how ironic .

Simmons should play power forward and small-ball center like Giannis. He can still run the point while focusing more on inside scoring. But he needs to be on a team surrounded by shooters. Philly's not it.

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Haha; that makes more sense than most Philly fans probably want to admit. Golden State has the right personnel to better-utilize Simmons. I could see he and Draymond taking up most the minutes at power forward and center.
    I'd offer up Simmons, Zhaire and maybe one more asset to the Wizards for Beal. Simmons is locked up past Wall's contract. The Wizards will still suck enough to get some more picks to go with he and Zhaire, who will get a much bigger opportunity.
    Philly can keep their ginormous roster with Beal running point. He'll dramatically improve their spacing.

MCW is a bad comparison, he was never a particularly productive player just one that was force fed counting stats specifically to win ROY. You can win ROY that way because teams actually looking to develop their rookies don't go out of their way to win it.

Simmons is a very productive player that has to be built around, same as every other nonshooting point guard. He IS a bad match with Embiid, because in half court sets Simmons is essentially another big man and it's very difficult to run two bigs in today's NBA. You put Simmons on a running team and he's Jason Kidd.

The only knock on Ben is that he hasn't developed a shot. If he ever did, he'd be Magic Johnson. So people are mad that he doesn't measure up to Magic after 3 years. Think about how absurd that is.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    MTM told ya so [emoji3]

he is a legit talent he is just such a *****

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Is this going to come down to having to pick between Simmons or Embiid for the future? Who do you go with?
    its not close... even if joel only lasts 5 seasons ben is going out west when his contract ends anyhow ... he is all celebrity life etc

ben will never be as great as joel is now

if i am trading ben simmons it would be in a 3 team deal for cp3 and CJ from the blazers... ben would go to portland and the blazers would send out CJ and a first... CJ to us a first to okc. Win/Win/Win

or ben plus for beal
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 12-22-2019 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    he is a legit talent he is just such a *****
    That’s what I said about him from the start. He was so entitled his year at LSU

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast