Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Some smart niner fans on this board.

It's a divisional game so I expected it to be closer than the blowout losses the Rams had against Dallas and Baltimore.

I didn't expect the team to play this poorly coming after a loss at home.

A win is a win, but I think the writing is on the wall. Overall a tremendous season that far exceeded expectations. There is a win now mentality b/c you can't be certain of next season, but the defense has suffered tremendously in the 2nd half. It is no longer a superbowl defense.

I'll pull up the numbers.

As for Breida, he's been benched b/c of his fumbles.

In a rare circumstance, the 49ers will have twice had extra day(s) to prepare for the Seahawks.

This is a game, where I'd think todays 49er fan is very happy with this win. Yesterdays 49er fans are measuring them against what it takes to win a SB.
    It's time to start winning right?

Playoffs and Championship droughts...

SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

I didn't do the yards in the first half.

But first 8 games, the 49ers D surrendered (including special teams and offensive turnovers) 12.75 points per game.

Last 7 games, that number is now 26.7 points per game.

Over the last 7, the d is surrendering a very good 319 yards per game. That would be good for 7th best if extended for a season.

Over the last 4, the d is surrendering a mediocre 358 yards per game. That would be good for 19th in the NFL.
    It's time to start winning right?

Playoffs and Championship droughts...

SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

I know weíre not supposed to be remotely critical of Jimmy G in here, but has that dude ever put up a deep ball to a wide open target that wasnít under thrown?

Bottom line They got extremely lucky last night

They need to run the ball and control the clock.

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    I know weíre not supposed to be remotely critical of Jimmy G in here, but has that dude ever put up a deep ball to a wide open target that wasnít under thrown?
    Jimmy has had his fair share of underthrown deep balls for sure, but if you're referencing the throw to Sanders at the end of last nights game, you're wrong. He was under pressure, I think his arm was even hit, and he knew he just had to get it out there with Sanders so open.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Agreed. I think that's an underrated aspect when looking at the defenses regression. Our inability to sustain long drives and bleed the clock, keeping the ball on the ground, has dissapeared recently. The D just looks exhausted at times. I think we were averaging around 5 yards a carry last night, not sure why Shanny went so pass heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    Jimmy has had his fair share of underthrown deep balls for sure, but if you're referencing the throw to Sanders at the end of last nights game, you're wrong. He was under pressure, I think his arm was even hit, and he knew he just had to get it out there with Sanders so open.
    Not necessarily that throw, but that one certainly reminded me of the one he underthrew to Sanders against the Saints and it got me asking myself if Iíve ever seen him hit an open receiver in stride on a vertical route. I honestly canít think of a single example

Looks like weíre about to be handed yet another gift by the Cardinals. Canít drop the ball in Seattle.

If this team had taken care of business against Atlanta we'd have the division locked up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Looks like weíre about to be handed yet another gift by the Cardinals. Canít drop the ball in Seattle.
    In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter that they lost today. Division is still up for grabs. They just can't be the 1 seed now.

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter that they lost today. Division is still up for grabs. They just can't be the 1 seed now.

What matters more is that Seattle lost Carson, Prosise and Brown to injury. We may be banged up, but so is Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    What matters more is that Seattle lost Carson, Prosise and Brown to injury. We may be banged up, but so is Seattle.
    This!! Still should be a dogfight though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I think losing Brown is the only thing that hurts them. If they let Wilson take over and abandon the run for the most part I think we're in trouble. Have to hope Carroll tries to keep the same gameplan and keeps the ball out of Wilsons hands. Seattle would be absolutely scary if they played like they have one of the best QBs in the game which they do.

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Which is how Ravens obliterated the Rams! They can eek out a win with Seattle, but the defense has not proven anything last few games. Hopefully Shanny will grow a bigger brain for this game
    Last edited by 1hardcore; 12-23-2019 at 05:19 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast