Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Keuchel to White Sox!!!

Itís beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!

Great news...playoffs are definitely possible this year.

3 year 55.5 with 4tg year option. Donít know deets on that. Could be 4 year 74 mil

Our FO knocked it out of the park!!!

The best part of this offseason is we didnít break the bank, but we still landed a top 5 Pitcher, and the number 1 catcher. We have our entire team locked up through 2024, and Iíd like to thing we have money to spend. Iím cool with chilling now, maybe some minor additions for depth in the pen and backup position players. Let this young team gel a whole season.

I know itís still a pipe dream, but we are in a great position to attract a Mookie Esque addition if we make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    The best part of this offseason is we didnít break the bank, but we still landed a top 5 Pitcher, and the number 1 catcher. We have our entire team locked up through 2024, and Iíd like to thing we have money to spend. Iím cool with chilling now, maybe some minor additions for depth in the pen and backup position players. Let this young team gel a whole season.

I know itís still a pipe dream, but we are in a great position to attract a Mookie Esque addition if we make the playoffs.
    No draft compensation attached to him either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am starting to have mixed feelings about the Keuchel signing for a couple of reasons. First, I did not want any ex Astro on our team and frankly, I do not buy Keichel's comments about the cheating scandal Second, it is starting to look like we may have enough starting pitching without Keuchel including guys who might come up early in the season. Third, I would rather have seen the Sox spend that money to lock down Giolito.

Having said all that, I hope Keuchel turns into a Buehrle type innings-eater and proves me wrong. I also hope the stain from the Astros cheating scandal starts to abate , especially for players that did not know much about it. On the other hand, if any Astro player or coach saw Altuve or Bregman taping a buzzer on before putting their uniform on. that would be conduct that would warrant fines and suspensions. Right now Astros players have avoided taking responsibility and several players around the league like Trout, Kris Bryant and others are expressing strong opinions about that.