Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    simmons is better than bam... simmons right now is one of the best defenders in basketball while equal to him offensively.... you do realize basketball is a 2 way sport right? joel is slightly better than butler??????????????? lmfao

my god its going to be hilarious when your team falls off that high horse you have them on.
    You realize Bam is going to be all nba defense right? Do your research on him, itís clear you donít know.

Yes slightly. Itís why one of them carried you against the raptors and the other disappeared.

heat vs the west all star game?
    This doesnít make sense. We have 2 all stars as of right now. Herro and Nunn could be eventually but weíre way younger than you all and only slightly worse and we have max space. Thereís a reason the Heat are an elite franchise and the Sixers are a poverty franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    This doesnít make sense. We have 2 all stars as of right now. Herro and Nunn could be eventually but weíre way younger than you all and only slightly worse and we have max space. Thereís a reason the Heat are an elite franchise and the Sixers are a poverty franchise.

the anger and delusions... wade my dude you are adorable.

the anger and delusions... wade my dude you are adorable.
    Anger?! Iím just having fun with you.

I have 2 questions:

1. What part of that post was delusional?

2. Why hasnít Ben Simmons improved at all and why are his numbers this year below his career averages, or in short, why is Ben regressing?

Youíve derailed the thread enough so answer these 2 questions and weíll call it quits unless you want to actually discuss the thread topic. I wish I was Wade, just for you buddy. Sounds like a great guy!

I think the 76ers are a perfect example of how tanking doesn't work.

2013-14 record 19-63
    2014-15 record 18-64
    2015-16 record 10-72
    2016-17 record 28-54

in that span the team went 75-253

What did they come away with? One super star.. And Ben Simmons is whatever you want to catagorize him as. Did they need to part with a guy like Jrue Holiday? The one player that could get their core over the top and possibly to the finals walked (Butler) and he was not attained as a result of tanking, nor was Harris or Horford.

They dragged the franchise and fan base through the mud for virtually a 2nd round playoff team.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post

2013-14 record 19-63
    2014-15 record 18-64
    2015-16 record 10-72
    2016-17 record 28-54

What did they come away with? One super star.. And Ben Simmons is whatever you want to catagorize him as. Did they need to part with a guy like Jrue Holiday? The one player that could get their core over the top and possibly to the finals walked (Butler) and he was not attained as a result of tanking, nor was Harris or Horford.

They dragged the franchise and fan base through the mud for virtually a 2nd round playoff team.
    This. They cheated the game and the basketball gods were not having it. Theyíve maxed out this roster basically, it only gets worse from here as Horford gets older. Simmons has slightly regressed as well.

2013-14 record 19-63
    2014-15 record 18-64
    2015-16 record 10-72
    2016-17 record 28-54

Is it really any different than what the Suns or *insert any other team always in the top 5* have done? Continuously drafting in the top of the draft with minimal success? Hinkie took things to the extreme and that ended up being his downfall

You can't start the tank/process and then fire the GM when things get a little heated...that's why the full potential was never met.

Colangelo screwed the pooch time and time again as the GM. He wasted multiple first round picks, signed Jerryd Bayless to 3 years 27 million, failed to move Noel/Okafor in a more timely manner, traded Jerami Grant for nothing, etc etc. It's hard to put the blame of Fultz on him completely as he was a helluva prospect with a perfect fit in shooting...but in that process managed to give away a first round pick.

Butler was brought here with parts of the rebuild/tank -- Covington and Saric are both results of that

Has tanking really worked for any team in recent history? Iím having trouble finding one.

I mean I guess in a way you could say the Lakers since they traded the guys they tanked for to pair AD and LeBron but thatís really pushing it.

The suns tank every year and might not make the playoffs this year either.

Maybe a lot of these teams are too early in the process to tell?

Tanking by itself doesnít work. You need to have a mix of good drafting, trades, FA to rebuild. Of course, you need a ton of luck as well.

I think to rebuild properly you need to clean house but I donít think you need to go to the extremes that Philly went too. Miami and Boston basically rebuilt on the fly, made good picks, acquired FAs, and made good trades. I also think both those teams have more ammo to make a trade than the 76ers do to help out them over the top.

I know the 76ers arenít the team many expected but I donít think they are done. Still plenty of time to figure it out. That being said, they really limited themselves by signing Horford and Harris who in my opinion are better served playing the 4. The fit with Simmons is a bit clunky. They could try and trade Simmons but I donít think the return is going to be a haul (or at least until his extension kicks in it will be hard to match a deal for a max player).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook36 View Post
    Is it really any different than what the Suns or *insert any other team always in the top 5* have done? Continuously drafting in the top of the draft with minimal success? Hinkie took things to the extreme and that ended up being his downfall

You can't start the tank/process and then fire the GM when things get a little heated...that's why the full potential was never met.

Colangelo screwed the pooch time and time again as the GM. He wasted multiple first round picks, signed Jerryd Bayless to 3 years 27 million, failed to move Noel/Okafor in a more timely manner, traded Jerami Grant for nothing, etc etc. It's hard to put the blame of Fultz on him completely as he was a helluva prospect with a perfect fit in shooting...but in that process managed to give away a first round pick.

Butler was brought here with parts of the rebuild/tank -- Covington and Saric are both results of that
    To me its all about scouting correctly. The raptors for example have built a team with undrafted players and players drafted in the 2nd round.

If you're scouting is strong you don't need to tank to find gems imo

To me its all about scouting correctly. The raptors for example have built a team with undrafted players and players drafted in the 2nd round.

If you're scouting is strong you don't need to tank to find gems imo
    Miami and Toronto are definitely in a league of their own when it comes to scouting.

Anger?! Iím just having fun with you.

I have 2 questions:

1. What part of that post was delusional?

2. Why hasnít Ben Simmons improved at all and why are his numbers this year below his career averages, or in short, why is Ben regressing?

Youíve derailed the thread enough so answer these 2 questions and weíll call it quits unless you want to actually discuss the thread topic. I wish I was Wade, just for you buddy. Sounds like a great guy!
    Crickets when you ask this guy to back his claims with anything of substance. Disappointed in him as a poster.

Miami and Toronto are definitely in a league of their own when it comes to scouting.
    And the Bucks aren't? Giannis at 16 plus getting middleton as a toss in, Sterling who's a top defender, lopez when no one else wanted him ROY Broggy in the second round
    MTM is my puppet and I am his puppet master.

Quote Originally Posted by Giannis94 View Post
    And the Bucks aren't? Giannis at 16 plus getting middleton as a toss in, Sterling who's a top defender, lopez when no one else wanted him ROY Broggy in the second round
    Giannis a great pick obviously. Middleton was traded for wasnít he? Sterling isnít worth noting, brogden was a good pick but you all let him go. Lopez doesnít count. Iím talking young talent. Winslow is our highest pick at 10, our drafting has been elite and our ability to find guys that went undrafted or are in the gleague is second to none.

Giannis a great pick obviously. Middleton was traded for wasnít he? Sterling isnít worth noting, brogden was a good pick but you all let him go. Lopez doesnít count. Iím talking young talent. Winslow is our highest pick at 10, our drafting has been elite and our ability to find guys that went undrafted or are in the gleague is second to none.
    So scouting doesn't mean players you acquire for from other teams that were clearly undervalued? Interesting.
    MTM is my puppet and I am his puppet master.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast