Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vlady watch

Vlady watch

He has put on some muscle. The 500 level awaits you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjxoLBbuMYc

Better booty:
    Vlad or Lowry?

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Better booty:
    Vlad or Lowry?
    I don't care. lol

Muscle has improved but needs to work on conditioning a lot more. Thanks for sharing he has improved regardless.
    Vancouver Canucks
    Toronto Blue Jays
    San Francisco 49's

He looks alot stronger, less flabby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbjPR8JN6Hk

A controlled fielding drill designed to help with fielding the routine plays. Vlady with no glove to force him to get down on the ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XxAea1WXXs

..I must add, he does still look a little to big for my liking. That core.
    Last edited by hanton; 01-11-2020 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    A controlled fielding drill designed to help with fielding the routine plays. Vlady with no glove to force him to get down on the ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XxAea1WXXs

..I must add, he does still look a little to big for my liking. That core.
    In the first couple of drills he's barely bending his knees and getting his *** down. He's just bending over.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    In the first couple of drills he's barely bending his knees and getting his *** down. He's just bending over.
    It's because there's a few shortstops in that video, he won't move like them.

It's because there's a few shortstops in that video, he won't move like them.
    I'm not really comparing them. Regardless of what position you play on the infield you shouldn't be bending over like that.

I'm not really comparing them. Regardless of what position you play on the infield you shouldn't be bending over like that.
    Yes you should especially without a glove. If he were to bend his knees and field those balls he won't be in an athletic position and won't be able to follow through with his throw towards 2nd or 3rd. It's a pick, bring into your body and get ready to throw. You played?

Yes you should especially without a glove. If he were to bend his knees and field those balls he won't be in an athletic position and won't be able to follow through with his throw towards 2nd or 3rd. It's a pick, bring into your body and get ready to throw. You played?
    When will he be in a situation where he has no glove? lol

I still do play in a mens league. Best part of my Summer every year.

When will he be in a situation where he has no glove? lol

I still do play in a mens league. Best part of my Summer every year.
    Then you should know.

Notice how the other players have gloves, it's a drill to improve his hands by isolating them. If you saw my post on that OAA stat - part of the reason he had such a low OAA is as a result of mishandling some easy plays. His range was decent and his throwing arm good.

Then you should know.

Notice how the other players have gloves, it's a drill to improve his hands by isolating them. If you saw my post on that OAA stat - part of the reason he had such a low OAA is as a result of mishandling some easy plays. His range was decent and his throwing arm good.
    I don't understand how any of this excuses him from not having to bend his knees and get his *** down but sure. You can believe what you want and I'll believe what I want.

I don't understand how any of this excuses him from not having to bend his knees and get his *** down but sure. You can believe what you want and I'll believe what I want.
    I tend to believe the best third basemen Ive seen in my life Cal Ripken and Brooks Robinson. In his book "the only way I know" Ripken stressed that the two most important factors in playing 3rd were Quick feet, and anticipation.

he stressed that the quick feet or reaction time enabled him to get in position for the ball in whatever direction and Anticipation was different for a 3rd baseman than for a shortstop because the ball comes at you quicker and at different Angles. A shortstop simply has more time to read the play than a guy at 3rd does.

looking at Vlad, he simply doesnt anticipate the play well, he doesnt come in on the ball well at all, all of the Zone rating stats agree on this, his strong arm does do him any good in those situations. I cant comment on his feet or reaction time because theres no stat or measure that I know of that compares that except the numer of chances, at that is too reliant on pitching styles. if you have a pitching staff that strikes out a lot of batters you simply wont get alot of chances.

With Vlad I dont think its an agility or physical issue, I think its obvious that he doesnt "think" the position well. in that case no amount of experience is going to make a bad fielder a good one because if you need to see the play to react to it, you've already lost.

I cant imagine how frustrating that must be, to devote so much time to becoming adequate at a position youre truly not suited for. or how much that effects him in game. I cant help but feel he'd be an even better hitter without the frustration
    Last edited by mikepelfrey; 01-14-2020 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikepelfrey View Post
    I tend to believe the best third basemen Ive seen in my life Cal Ripken and Brooks Robinson. In his book "the only way I know" Ripken stressed that the two most important factors in playing 3rd were Quick feet, and anticipation.

he stressed that the quick feet or reaction time enabled him to get in position for the ball in whatever direction and Anticipation was different for a 3rd baseman than for a shortstop because the ball comes at you quicker and at different Angles. A shortstop simply has more time to read the play than a guy at 3rd does.

looking at Vlad, he simply doesnt anticipate the play well, he doesnt come in on the ball well at all, all of the Zone rating stats agree on this, his strong arm does do him any good in those situations. I cant comment on his feet or reaction time because theres no stat or measure that I know of that compares that except the numer of chances, at that is too reliant on pitching styles. if you have a pitching staff that strikes out a lot of batters you simply wont get alot of chances.

With Vlad I dont think its an agility or physical issue, I think its obvious that he doesnt "think" the position well. in that case no amount of experience is going to make a bad fielder a good one because if you need to see the play to react to it, you've already lost.

I cant imagine how frustrating that must be, to devote so much time to becoming adequate at a position youre truly not suited for. or how much that effects him in game. I cant help but feel he'd be an even better hitter without the frustration
    K but he’s still a kid and he can learn how to “think” the game better. He can only learn if he is playing the position.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast