Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Week 16: Dallas Cowboys (7-7) at Philadelphia Eagles (7-7)

Code:
    Dallas Cowboys AT Philadelphia Eagles
    12/22/2019 4:25 PM EST
    Lincoln Financial Field

If the team that played the Rams shows up they win, if the team that played the previous games shows up they lose. This team can win a Superbowl this year if they play like a team.

The Cowboys have done well against the Eagles the last two years, but who knows. They looked pretty bad against the Patriots, Bills and Bears. Then, looked good against a Rams team that beat the mighty Seahawks in a hard fought game. I felt like the Rams team was better than the Bears, so there's no rhyme or reason to this season's Cowboys. I really think it comes down to the players. Coaches can only do so much. When the players execute and not make mental mistakes, they fare better. Watching the Rams game, the Cowboys need to go back and establish their run game. The Cowboys are more effective when they have a strong run game. I do not trust their passing to be consistent.

I’m pretty worried about this game really. I feel like this is one we tend to lose under Garrett. Even when we were on the losing streak though I do feel like we were still better than the Eagles who could only scrape by Washington and New York and lost to Miami. I wouldn’t be surprised if they turn it on at home in a defacto playoff game though.

Garrett's just the fans' whipping boy. I really don't think the woes are all on him. The blame really goes to the players. They just have to have attention to detail. Garrett can be gone and there will be another coach that gets the blame just like Scott Linehan the previous year. Also, the Rams game convinced me that they need to go back to a balanced running attack. The defense plays better when there's a run game and they can have a breather.

Game of the year and this team comes out clearly not ready. How can anybody defend Garrett?

Great job by Kellen Moore aka Scott Linehan 2.0 insisting on running it on 1st down every single time even in a 9 man box.

How f***ing hard can it be to defend a TE? They have one weapon (two with Sanders) in the passing game. Just throw it to Goedert every single time

Your baby can't do this

This team is a joke it starts and stops with the Owner/GM/Coach how bad do you want to win...I guess we know now how bad this team wanted to win since a 1/4 of the team showed up to play. How do you let the Eagles with basically nobody at receiver beat this so called uber talented superbowl caliber team?? Witten, Cooper can't catch a pass, Dak being inconsistent/injured who knows...play calling is so predictable. They load the box we run the ball why?? Huge 4th and 8 late where was Cooper/Cobb huh...coaching staff!! Please stop with the "This is a superbowl caliber team" hell no they are not and were never even close if you've been paying attention to this joke of a coaching staff. Like I said before and I'll continue to say this team will never be back to relevance until jj sells this team, or dies off and they hire a REAL GM. He is the ultimate reason we cannot get out of mediocrity because of his greed and ignorance. I can't continue to blame coach after coach that this idiot continues to dump out there jj is the definition of insanity and us Cowboy fans are the beneficiary of his insanity.

Need a new coaching staff, I'm game to give Moore another year but the rest can go!

Yeah definitely need to revamp our staff. I really wouldn’t be upset with bringing on Rivera and keeping Moore as OC if we could cause our offense was pretty effective this year and I imagine Moore will only improve as a play caller going forward (and without Garrett breathing down his neck)

Actually, Moore is a major part of the problem. His playcalling is very suspect. In the Viking game, Dak had driven down the field and the passing game seemed to be hot. Then, inexplicably, Moore calls two running plays near the endzone that stops the momentum. The Bills Game, Zeke was off to a fast start, then Moore barely uses Zeke in the second half. Then with the season on the line in Philly on 4th down, Moore decides to call a package that doesn't have Amari or Cobb. I did not like Linehan, but in some ways, the Cowboys offense is worse this year. They put up great numbers against bad teams, then get woefully outcoached and outplayed against teams with winning records. Also, I think early in the season, teams really did not have tape on Moore, so they were not as prepared -- plus there was some abysmally bad teams playing the Cowboys early in the season. The Cowboys' up and down offense is really a big part of why they are pretty much out of the playoff picture. The Cowboys used to wear out teams with their offensive line and running the ball, letting the defense have rest. This season, at times, Moore gets significantly outfoxed by far wiser coaches on the other side, who have a better feel for the game. You can call all the exotic packages you want, but it's that feel for the game of calling the right play at the right time, which can be a simple play, that is really needed.

Moore will be even better next year. He did good for a first year OC. Plus who knows if Garrett over ruled him on certain plays being called.

I have been after Garrett a lot, but I do like the right-kind-of-guy mentality he has implemented. I think he deserves part of the credit for us drafting better since he took over.

I am sure he is smart and has some strengths, but he is just not NFL HC material. 0-8 when trailing at half time says it all. Our coaching staff is not able to adjust and make in-game decisions to win the game.

If we could make him GM, I think he would work out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast