Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Welcome to the SFG Forum, BigGlove.
    This kid colas that wants a deal in America fits exactly what San Francisco is trying to do. 21, pitches and plays the outfield, and isn't going to cost as much as will Wilson cost to obtain. Interesting young player to take with an opportunity to make it in the big leagues two different ways.

Around the foghorn has an article about 3 free agent pitchers that would be low risk high reward guys to take a chance on.

Care to share the names or post the article?

It was Smyly, Bucholtz, and my personal favorite, Salazar..All 3 would be good..

Not a GM but, being at 137 mil currently, I think there's a trade that makes sense. I know a lot of people would say no because it's another "garbage contract". But since the Giants are nowhere near the tax threshold, I would like to see the take prices contract. Along with price, the Giants receive Bobby dalbec, Chris Murphy, and Cameron cannon. That's 3 prospects and an unknown in David price for 96 mil. It instantly makes the farm at least top 10 in baseball.

I like the idea of the prospects and Price being a lefty starter but with his age and injury history, he would be way too "Pricey"

It isn't really about him so much. It's about acquiring dalbec, and Cameron cannon. If they got cannon, they would have all three players they were targeting in the first round last year. (Bishop, Wilson, and cannon) Whatever price gives you is great. But if longo has a big first half and builds some value, you can offload him for salary relief. Dalbec is ready to play 3rd at the big league level. 32 mil this year puts us at 169 million. 39 million short of the tax threshold. The Giants would then grab some serviceable players for cheap and show that they are trying to be competitive. And because the Sox are trying to build their farm, we can throw in a jaylen Davis and Genovese or something along those lines if needed.

Offloading Longo for salary relief sounds like a pipe dream but I'm all for taking on sketchy contracts to acquire solid prospects.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by 4GiantWarrior9 View Post
    I like the idea of the prospects and Price being a lefty starter but with his age and injury history, he would be way too "Pricey"
    Flip at the deadline, eat salary and get more prospects /ML ready players
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

I'm no gm, but if all of that happened, you'd have a team you can work with now, and you're loaded for the future. Geag bird is another player is look into, as well as at least checking in on Brock holt and Curtis granderson.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Offloading Longo for salary relief sounds like a pipe dream but I'm all for taking on sketchy contracts to acquire solid prospects.
    Yeah, but most of us thought trading Melancon was a pipe dream.
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

That's true. I still don't see it with Longo. Too old, too many years left, and simply not that good anymore.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12