Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    Here is the problem I have with comparing Nagy’s impact versus Mitch’s impact.

Mitch’s negative plays are obvious; they are on display. When Mitch makes a poor throw or a poor read, it is easy to see and review. When Mitch makes mistakes it is typically easy to see how it would change something. “If Mitch throws that pass accurately it would have been a first down.”

When Nagy makes a bad play call, personnel choice, has bad schemes, etc. it is far harder to notice, especially in real time. And many of those mistakes lead to a “maybe” scenario. “If Nagy would do X, then maybe Y could happen.

My point is Mitch’s mistakes are on display and almost everyone can easily see them. Nagy’s mistakes are more nuanced and many people miss these “next level” analyses.

Maybe a better way to think about it is as follows: If Mitch makes 5-7 bad throws or reads in a game is that worse than Nagy making 5-7 bad play calls, personnel choices, etc. in a game? Which had more negative impact?

While Mitch may be ruining some of Nagy’s good designs, Nagy is also hindering Mitch. When I look at the situation through this prism, I think the gap between Mitch and Nagy is pretty small. Both need to be consistently better for CHI to succeed. Only one being better will hinder the other’s effectiveness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    See I disagree, I feel Mitch is hindering Nagy. Mitch just doesn't have the skill set to play consistently in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    See I disagree, I feel Mitch is hindering Nagy. Mitch just doesn't have the skill set to play consistently in the NFL.
    But Mitch doesn’t put Cohen in the game for short yardage situations. He doesn’t control OL okay that is seemingly lost on a regular basis. He doesn’t call plays that continually throw the ball within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. He doesn’t decide to abandon the run for long stretches or even while games. Mitch actually appears to be at his best when Nagy takes the reigns off and let’s him play and improvise. Even then, Nagy has seen things work for a half or even while games, then move away from what is working.

Simply saying this is ALL on Mitch is not a true analysis. Adding a new QB and Nagy continuing to coach the way he is will only help some. It will not fix everything. I don’t even think that is debatable.

Here is the problem I have with comparing Nagy’s impact versus Mitch’s impact.

Mitch’s negative plays are obvious; they are on display. When Mitch makes a poor throw or a poor read, it is easy to see and review. When Mitch makes mistakes it is typically easy to see how it would change something. “If Mitch throws that pass accurately it would have been a first down.”

When Nagy makes a bad play call, personnel choice, has bad schemes, etc. it is far harder to notice, especially in real time. And many of those mistakes lead to a “maybe” scenario. “If Nagy would do X, then maybe Y could happen.

My point is Mitch’s mistakes are on display and almost everyone can easily see them. Nagy’s mistakes are more nuanced and many people miss these “next level” analyses.

Maybe a better way to think about it is as follows: If Mitch makes 5-7 bad throws or reads in a game is that worse than Nagy making 5-7 bad play calls, personnel choices, etc. in a game? Which had more negative impact?

While Mitch may be ruining some of Nagy’s good designs, Nagy is also hindering Mitch. When I look at the situation through this prism, I think the gap between Mitch and Nagy is pretty small. Both need to be consistently better for CHI to succeed. Only one being better will hinder the other’s effectiveness.

All of this. Plus more of this.

But Mitch doesn’t put Cohen in the game for short yardage situations. He doesn’t control OL okay that is seemingly lost on a regular basis. He doesn’t call plays that continually throw the ball within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. He doesn’t decide to abandon the run for long stretches or even while games. Mitch actually appears to be at his best when Nagy takes the reigns off and let’s him play and improvise. Even then, Nagy has seen things work for a half or even while games, then move away from what is working.

Simply saying this is ALL on Mitch is not a true analysis. Adding a new QB and Nagy continuing to coach the way he is will only help some. It will not fix everything. I don’t even think that is debatable.

Right. Nagys infatuation with Cohen is infuriating. He’s a gadget player who should be used sparingly.

Also, how as a HC, you throw 98 times in 2 games against GB - A team that has admitted they set out to stop the pass and aren’t concerned with the run - Is completely beyond me. Line up in heavy formation, and run the ****ing ball against he nickel and dime packages GB was in. He had what, 2 runs out of the I that I recall?

These are just moronic decisions. I can’t even call them rookie mistakes. Nagy isn’t a rookie and even rookie HCs aren’t that dense. There’s so many examples of Nagy making baffling decisions and employing idiotic “strategies” that it’s really hard to believe.

Very well said.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    we may not get a game thread. rightfully so...... this seasom is over. but something tells me for some reason now that it doesnt matter we end up beating KC. the fact is this team seems to play up to competition and down to poor teams too.

side note. Mitch has looked almost great these past 3 games. its still not changing the fact that we need a pivot to bring in. But it helps ease the so overblown tension around here that Mitch should be moved on from b4 his 3rd season is ever over.

the fact is this OL needs some major changes. and our TE room needs a complete revamp. But unless you can land a Brady or Brees I honestly think you Roll with Mitch Maybe bring in a foles..... or other guys you could potentially start if Mitch doesn't improve and or become more consistant. But the fact is I think this Offense would be extremely more consistant if we had a reasonable TE and an OL who could run block.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334