Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where does Bam Adebayo tank this year among centers?

Bam has seemed to take the next step this year, even more so the past few games where there has been a noticeable change in his scoring aggressive which has taken his game to an even high level. Iím curious where you rank Bam this year?

Miami currently sits at 18-6 and 3rd in the East and while Jimmy is our best player I would argue Bam is our most important player. This guy literally does it al outside of shooting 3s (although he is working on it). Heís one of our top playmakers and we run the offense through him in the high post a lot of the time. Teams actually began to clog the paint because of this and daring Bam to shoot, this is a big part of where his aggressiveness has kicked in, heís knocking down those shots at a high rate now and teams canít sag off of him like they were. He can also guard any position 1 through 5 and I can post defensive highlights of this if I need to. Miamiís starting 5 is the best 5 man lineup in the league as of right now and heís one of the biggest if not the biggest reasons why.

Heís a sure bet to be an all star this year as the media has also taken notice of Bam being an elite center now.

Heís currently averaging: 15-11-5-1.5-1.5 with a 63TS% on 9.7 FGA (this is going up). We have a +7.1 net rating with Bam on the court which is great impact wise.

I have Towns and Embiid as the top 2 centers. I think Towns offense and as of right now Embiids offense is just too much for Bam to overcome.

I have Bam in a tier below those 2 with Jokic, Drummond, and Gobert.

Jokic is better offensively but Bams defensive versatility is far better than Jokic.

Gobert has some good numbers but Bams playmaking is far better. Theyíre both great defensively in their own ways but right now Bams play is producing wins and Utah is struggling bad.

Drummond is putting up huge numbers as usual but they arenít really producing wins. I feel he has the supporting cast to win some games. Heís stats that ďcontract year DrummondĒ is a thing so to me he seems selfish and maybe thatís hurting the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Bam has seemed to take the next step this year, even more so the past few games where there has been a noticeable change in his scoring aggressive which has taken his game to an even high level. Iím curious where you rank Bam this year?

Miami currently sits at 18-6 and 3rd in the East and while Jimmy is our best player I would argue Bam is our most important player. This guy literally does it al outside of shooting 3s (although he is working on it). Heís one of our top playmakers and we run the offense through him in the high post a lot of the time. Teams actually began to clog the paint because of this and daring Bam to shoot, this is a big part of where his aggressiveness has kicked in, heís knocking down those shots at a high rate now and teams canít sag off of him like they were. He can also guard any position 1 through 5 and I can post defensive highlights of this if I need to. Miamiís starting 5 is the best 5 man lineup in the league as of right now and heís one of the biggest if not the biggest reasons why.

Heís a sure bet to be an all star this year as the media has also taken notice of Bam being an elite center now.

Heís currently averaging: 15-11-5-1.5-1.5 with a 63TS% on 9.7 FGA (this is going up). We have a +7.1 net rating with Bam on the court which is great impact wise.

I have Towns and Embiid as the top 2 centers. I think Towns offense and as of right now Embiids offense is just too much for Bam to overcome.

I have Bam in a tier below those 2 with Jokic, Drummond, and Gobert.

Jokic is better offensively but Bams defensive versatility is far better than Jokic.

Gobert has some good numbers but Bams playmaking is far better. Theyíre both great defensively in their own ways but right now Bams play is producing wins and Utah is struggling bad.

Drummond is putting up huge numbers as usual but they arenít really producing wins. I feel he has the supporting cast to win some games. Heís stats that ďcontract year DrummondĒ is a thing so to me he seems selfish and maybe thatís hurting the team.

Bam is improving no question about it

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Bam is improving no question about it
    Natural progression, and that's I care about. His next step is confidence in the mid-range game and then extending out.

Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    Natural progression, and that's I care about. His next step is confidence in the mid-range game and then extending out.
    Yep, that is what will make him truly elite. Have seen some media saying heís top 20 this year.

Yep, that is what will make him truly elite. Have seen some media saying heís top 20 this year.
    Easy there with truly elite.

Let's see him string together a whole strong season, he's been developing nicely for sure. But if he can have a all-star or at least fringe all star year he can be in the same convo (even then it might be premature) as Jokic and Gobert. Jokic is having a bad start/stretch, but he'll eventually bounce back. His ability to effect and control the game offensively for a 5/big is unparalleled in this pace and space era and he has done so over a long stretch/few seasons. So I don't agree with knocking him off the top tier of 5's yet, and anoint a player who's playing fringe all star level for 1/4 of a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Easy there with truly elite.

Let's see him string together a whole strong season, he's been developing nicely for sure. But if he can have a all-star or at least fringe all star year he can be in the same convo (even then it might be premature) as Jokic and Gobert. Jokic is having a bad start/stretch, but he'll eventually bounce back. His ability to effect and control the game offensively for a 5/big is unparalleled in this pace and space era and he has done so over a long stretch/few seasons. So I don't agree with knocking him off the top tier of 5's yet, and anoint a player who's playing fringe all star level for 1/4 of a year.
    If your center can score from all 3 levels, is a top playmaking center, rebounds well, and can guard 1-5 on the court at times over the course of a game heís truly elite. Bams just missing the scoring from all 3 levels right now.

If your center can score from all 3 levels, is a top playmaking center, rebounds well, and can guard 1-5 on the court at times over the course of a game heís truly elite. Bams just missing the scoring from all 3 levels right now.
    I think he needs to sustain his play over a longer stretch to convince everyone and be more legit. The higher you are drafted the less benefit of the doubt you receive. Maybe that's why people are drooling all over Doncic too, and even he needs to sustain his play for the whole season to legitimately call him top tier player. Of course people will give their favorite team's player(s) the benefit of the doubt as well like you are. In one of Gobert dpoy season he did'nt start out that good/great either.

I think the potential is there for Bam, but just putting perspective and pump the breaks a little.

Sherman.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    Sherman.

Explain yourself

Thatís a pretty big thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Do we still consider Horford a center? I'd have him about 3rd right now, which makes me kind of sad for the state of the bigman position. KAT and Embiid are the only ones CLEARLY ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Do we still consider Horford a center? I'd have him about 3rd right now, which makes me kind of sad for the state of the bigman position. KAT and Embiid are the only ones CLEARLY ahead of him.
    Really? What about Rudy, Jokic, Sabonis, AD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Jokers fat this year, AD is obvious when hes willing to play the 5. I havent seen Sabonis this year but I forgot about him. I dont know if hes a better ceiling raiser but hes prolly a better floor guy.

Explain yourself
    Where does he tank

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_Sherman

Pretty comparable

One More Time

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Jokers fat this year, AD is obvious when hes willing to play the 5. I havent seen Sabonis this year but I forgot about him. I dont know if hes a better ceiling raiser but hes prolly a better floor guy.
    joel is as domiante as ever on defense but has been destroyed on offense with our team... letting go of jj and butler and getting horford has destroyed the spacing even more on our team... he stands no chance on offense..... youd think wed be smarter then this but naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... lets run horford/simmons/embiid and think offensively it will work lmfao

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast