Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

No details yet.

Jeff Passan

@JeffPassan
    Yoenis Cespedes and the New York Mets have agreed on an amended contract, a source tells ESPN. While he remains with the team, the settlement significantly lower his salary from the planned $29.5 million.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Andy Martino

@martinonyc
    Sources: Mets and Cespedes were moving closer to a hearing related to his ranch injury and a potential contract violation. This settlement enables the player to stay w team one more year, and enables team to pay him a lot less.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Joel Sherman
    @Joelsherman1
    Baseball official said #Mets, MLB, Cespedes, union, were part of resolution. Cespedes had double heel surgery, then reinjured on ranch in May. NYM said at time would look into how occurred. Grievance result lowers the pay on Cespedes salary for 2019. He is still on the team

Good. **** Cespedes, massive dumbass diva. If the Mets can reinvest some of that money, it’d be great.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Joel Sherman
    @Joelsherman1
    Baseball official said #Mets, MLB, Cespedes, union, were part of resolution. Cespedes had double heel surgery, then reinjured on ranch in May. NYM said at time would look into how occurred. Grievance result lowers the pay on Cespedes salary for 2019. He is still on the team

Good. **** Cespedes, massive dumbass diva. If the Mets can reinvest some of that money, it’d be great.
    They are taking the shekels and putting in their pockets.

That's great, I just wonder how much less they're paying him. Hopefully it's significant. The phrasing suggests it is, as him remaining on contract at all is named as a benefit to him.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    That's great, I just wonder how much less they're paying him. Hopefully it's significant. The phrasing suggests it is, as him remaining on contract at all is named as a benefit to him.

Jeff Passan
    @JeffPassan
    The amended contract of Yoenis Cespedes, which
    @martinonyc
    first reported, includes a settlement for salaries that the Mets withheld in 2019 as well as a significant reduction of his 2020 salary. Mets will save well over $10 million as part of the settlement, sources tell ESPN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    They are taking the shekels and putting in their pockets.
    Seems they used that money to sign Porcello.

**** Cespedes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We all knew how that “injury” really came to be. Talented player but really is a douche

So it seems that it’s about 10 million they will save.

Get a pen arm and a backup catcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    So it seems that it’s about 10 million they will save.

Get a pen arm and a backup catcher.
    Yeah that's huge for our offseason plans......They were trying to trade Lowrie to make room for a BP signing but now they don't need to attach a prospect or anyone if value because of the 10 million in savings on Cespedes contract. My guess is that we will now sign Betances unless some team totally breaks the bank on a one year deal for him. My prediction is Betances to the Mets 1 yr/12-14 mil?
    Just a Met's fan surrounded by Phillies fan's standing strong behind enemy lines

Too bad they still acted as if they were big spenders but knew they were saving significant money last year.... and this year. Shady and disingenuous.

Hopefully it allows them to fortify the pen now.

Also, maybe Ces will have something to prove and light a fire under his *** to really perform.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

So he can't become a free agent again until after 2021? That means he'll suck this year. Or he'll get hurt again. Great.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast