Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this racist?

Is this racist?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nyt-j...180135284.html

Banking giant JPMorgan & Chase Co. denied private client status to former national football league player Jimmy Kennedy because he is black, the New York Times reported Wednesday.
    Kennedy Denied Despite $800K In Deposits

“You’re bigger than the average person, period. And you’re also an African-American,” Belton reportedly Kennedy in a conversation at the bank that took place in 2018.

“We’re in Arizona. I don’t have to tell you about what the demographics are in Arizona. They don’t see people like you a lot.”

Kennedy, who earned $13 million in his time with the NFL, was denied the private client status despite depositing $800,000 at the bank, The Times reported.

JPMorgan typically offers the coveted status to clients who deposit more than $250,000.

What do you think, is this racist or not?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nyt-j...180135284.html

Banking giant JPMorgan & Chase Co. denied private client status to former national football league player Jimmy Kennedy because he is black, the New York Times reported Wednesday.
    Kennedy Denied Despite $800K In Deposits

“You’re bigger than the average person, period. And you’re also an African-American,” Belton reportedly Kennedy in a conversation at the bank that took place in 2018.

“We’re in Arizona. I don’t have to tell you about what the demographics are in Arizona. They don’t see people like you a lot.”

Kennedy, who earned $13 million in his time with the NFL, was denied the private client status despite depositing $800,000 at the bank, The Times reported.

JPMorgan typically offers the coveted status to clients who deposit more than $250,000.

What do you think, is this racist or not?
    Sounds like it. I mean if he was denied b/c he is big and black that is racist. Why would it not be?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Sounds like it. I mean if he was denied b/c he is big and black that is racist. Why would it not be?
    Because if anyone is doing anything short of wearing a white hood and swastika, they cannot possibly be racist.

Seriously tho, dozens of way more obvious examples have come up on this forum, yet we still have to "discuss" wetther it's actually racist or not
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

If he was denied because he was “black and bigger than the average person” than that’s obviously racist and bigoted. However, the employee who reportedly said this also happens to be black so just pointing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    If he was denied because he was “black and bigger than the average person” than that’s obviously racist and bigoted. However, the employee who reportedly said this also happens to be black so just pointing that out.
    lol nice!

It's still racist because it is his blackness which denied him the loan. But I love this detail of the story, lol

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lol nice!

It's still racist because it is his blackness which denied him the loan. But I love this detail of the story, lol
    Not a loan, more, access to a private banker, which actually would get him better rates based on worth rather than score, personal investment advice, private opportunites before the masses and whatever else Chase gives private clients.
    "He's getting the best job in baseball."

Bruce Bochy sent a clear message to whoever will be the Giants' next manager
    🙌
    https://bit.ly/2ndI9eG

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Because if anyone is doing anything short of wearing a white hood and swastika, they cannot possibly be racist.

Seriously tho, dozens of way more obvious examples have come up on this forum, yet we still have to "discuss" wetther it's actually racist or not
    We know you wouldn’t turn someone down for being big and black!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by SfgiantsJD3 View Post
    Not a loan, more, access to a private banker, which actually would get him better rates based on worth rather than score, personal investment advice, private opportunites before the masses and whatever else Chase gives private clients.
    Come on now. You can't expect people to actually read the stories they comment on.

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Come on now. You can't expect people to actually read the stories they comment on.
    Headlines are so much easier...

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    We know you wouldn’t turn someone down for being big and black!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes I would

I'm only into older rich white guys like sluggo
    Last edited by nastynice; 12-14-2019 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I had to say SOMEthing

Didnt wanna get called out for not having an opinion on something..

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Systemic racism being acknowledged by the employee and spreading the word.

Do people think he would be believed if he didn’t have the audio?

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Systemic racism being acknowledged by the employee and spreading the word.
    So the employee perceives Arizona or some part of Arizona maybe just their Arizona office to be racist and passes it on to another person and that is indicative of systemic racism? Perhaps it could be a misperception by this employee rather than proof?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Do people think he would be believed if he didn’t have the audio?
    Why does that matter? I personally don’t believe we should believe everyone, all the time. Some people tell the truth, some people lie, some people misinterpret, some people are racist a holes. We have to vet the individual making the claim and then obviously the individual the claim is being made against to determine the validity of the claim. Obviously having factual evidence helps with any claim.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast