Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

China confirms 'phase one' trade deal with US

China confirms 'phase one' trade deal with US

https://www.theguardian.com/business...e_iOSApp_Other

One of the areas where I support Trumpís strategy. I was hoping it would be a bit broader than a tariff war but hopefully it pays off.

And I know I said this months ago, but itís so important for him to get this before the election. He looks tough on China and the tariffs will fade in time for the election.

The big test is if he waited too long for farmers to get their vendors back.

Hopefully itís a good deal. At this point any deal is good. And in my area of business I hear endlessssss complaining from companies about tariffs and not being able to accommodate revenue goals. Hoping that ends quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only way to "beat" china is to keep sneaking ideas to the people.

I donít think we need to beat anyone. We just need to coexist without crumbling our economy.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I donít think we need to beat anyone. We just need to coexist without crumbling our economy.
    I think we, as a people, should rebel against oppression, and China is the biggest oppressor. They need to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think we, as a people, should rebel against oppression, and China is the biggest oppressor. They need to lose.
    I think they're still trying to catch us.

They've had africa sewed up for a while, I think trumps tariff war just got them in tighter with south America now too
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

They are a problem in many ways. Economically dominant, gigantic military, number one environmental polluter, cyber threat, etc but I think we need to avoid the ďbeat themĒ mindset. Have to work together somehow.

https://twitter.com/rbreich/status/1...267401728?s=21

Still was the right decision. Maybe not the right strategy or tactics.

They are a problem in many ways. Economically dominant, gigantic military, number one environmental polluter, cyber threat, etc but I think we need to avoid the ďbeat themĒ mindset. Have to work together somehow.
    How do you "work together" with a totalitarian government bent on world domination without getting dirty yourself?

https://twitter.com/rbreich/status/1...267401728?s=21

Still was the right decision. Maybe not the right strategy or tactics.
    I don't know if it was the right strategy or tactics, but the math in that is bad. Loss to US during the dispute is $39b, but the gain each year going forward is $29b, and that $29b likely results in less US payouts to farmers in the future too.

I don't know if it was the right strategy or tactics, but the math in that is bad. Loss to US during the dispute is $39b, but the gain each year going forward is $29b, and that $29b likely results in less US payouts to farmers in the future too.
    It depends on how the relationship with China changes after this. Maybe they see us differently and maybe we make that back and more in new deals. Hard to say at this point.

Iím the last one to give Trump the benefit of the doubt but he at least attempted something after multiple presidents did not.

So, let me get this straight. Are you arguing that ó in theory ó the oppressed SHOULD rebel against the oppressor? That they are right to do so? Not just in this case but in general? Even if we are the oppressors?

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    So, let me get this straight. Are you arguing that ó in theory ó the oppressed SHOULD rebel against the oppressor? That they are right to do so? Not just in this case but in general? Even if we are the oppressors?
    Yes.

I hold these truths to be self-evident, that all people are equal, that they are endowed with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among people, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.
    Last edited by Scoots; 12-14-2019 at 07:24 PM.

They are buying $50 B every year?

It depends on how the relationship with China changes after this. Maybe they see us differently and maybe we make that back and more in new deals. Hard to say at this point.

Iím the last one to give Trump the benefit of the doubt but he at least attempted something after multiple presidents did not.
    Yup. And we got some deals done, while I dont know what they are specifically, if they are even back to normal, that's kind of a win for us. Cuz trump actually stood up and did something. I know some industries have taken some hard hits, but if we can get enough money to put into them to keep them going until trade is back to normal, then I think that's a win for trump and America.

Someone had to do something about china and trump stood up and did. I gotta give his monkey *** props
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

No PSD conservatives running a victory lap in this thread? Hmmm

Classy. Well done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast